Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

8 minutes ago, mmoh said:

For your reference

Instant Heater.jpg

thks for sharing. My shower area doesnt have the 2 water holes outlet. The water holes outlet was used for the basin, because I switched their location.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
13 hours ago, swatcL said:

The black circle is where I will install my instant shower heater. It looks like they have to install extension pipes leading up to the heater.

Does anyone has any ideas how to best manage this? thks.

bathroom1.jpg.2f1a512cc05e07f725ec60603945be86.jpgbathroom2.jpg.9c14650b80f7dd9afa082d19eb2957b8.jpg

You definitely need to extend the pipes from the original basin outlets to your waist height for shower mixer. Build a false wall to cover up the extension pipes are the only way to make it look neat.

If not, go for raw toilet look with pipes exposed!

11 hours ago, swatcL said:

built false wall..... hmm.. too late to be an option for me now.

Looks like exposed ugly looking pipes.  :-(

thks

Screenshot_20181018-181353_Chrome.jpg.4ed0065e6fbe859c4be908ad2935b17b.jpg

There are nice design with exposed pipes. You can Google for steampunk bathroom for inspiration.

On 9/16/2018 at 9:32 AM, mmoh said:

peeling? can show pic?

20180925_143518-1.jpg

20180925_143524-1.jpg

Edited by Reality
Not sure if it happened before ir during renovation.

5 hours ago, Reality said:

20180925_143518-1.jpg

20180925_143524-1.jpg

is that the wall surface? Not the aluminium part right? get your contractor to touch up for you.

@Ankle : I found them by thoroughly scouring the internet for ID with spectacular 5* reviews and photos, did so much research and homework, wasted so many Saturdays travelling to their offices in ulu industrial estates and carparks (???), paid some deposit, sat through scare tactics to take bank loans through them and gotten scammed and ghosted, and so far I've only gotten 1 skyhigh quote. I'm too exhausted and ready to go the way of doing the 5 random IDs route. 

@spikeling : I was told that if you put the electric heater inside the false wall, you would need to hack the false wall to change or repair the heater. Is that correct? The false wall costs about 1K right? so heart pain to hack away and rebuild for another 1K, or is there a way around that?

@mmoh : I'm definitely buying MagicSeal netting for all the windows ... thanks for sharing!

To have or not to have: 

1) Does anyone have opinions on ceiling fans for top floor unit? I was told that top floors are prone to leaking ceilings over time, and ceiling fans cause vibrations which can make the ceiling cave in faster. Even if HDB repair the ceiling, still need to deal with all the dirt, debris and water seepage from broken ceiling. So no ceiling fans?

2) Should there be full length mirrors on bedroom wardrobes? I thought they are the norm, but I didn't see mirrors on any bedroom wardrobes here or in condo showflats, and also pple say no need because why would I need to look at myself when I wake up? Besides pantang reasons, and reflecting how messy the bed looks, does anyone think this is a good idea?

3 hours ago, studioflatter said:

2) Should there be full length mirrors on bedroom wardrobes? I thought they are the norm, but I didn't see mirrors on any bedroom wardrobes here or in condo showflats, and also pple say no need because why would I need to look at myself when I wake up? Besides pantang reasons, and reflecting how messy the bed looks, does anyone think this is a good idea?

I have a not exactly full length but long mirror on the inside of my wardrobe door, kind of old fashion.

Full length mirror can be quite heavy if it is really full length. Cant remember is it greenbunny or who, who had full length mirror installed on the db box door. full length mirror installed at the right position will make your room looks bigger. but then any dirt or thumbprint will be obvious so u need to wipe often.

More of at night wake up dark dark and sleepy head suddenly saw reflection in the mirror will give u quite a scare...

On 10/20/2018 at 2:38 PM, mmoh said:

is that the wall surface? Not the aluminium part right? get your contractor to touch up for you.

The silver part is the window frame. Peeling.

23 hours ago, studioflatter said:

@spikeling : I was told that if you put the electric heater inside the false wall, you would need to hack the false wall to change or repair the heater. Is that correct? The false wall costs about 1K right? so heart pain to hack away and rebuild for another 1K, or is there a way around that?

I installed storage heater. It is not inside my false wall. it was installed on the wall above my toilet door that linked to the hot/cold water outlets.

No one will ever advise you to hide your heater ( instant or storage) inside a false wall. Leakage and maintainace is a big problem. Don't do that!

I stay at top floor. I don't have a ceiling fan but I don't mind installing it in future. Don't worry about things from hearsay only. If you need one just go do it.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:48 PM, studioflatter said:

@Ankle : I found them by thoroughly scouring the internet for ID with spectacular 5* reviews and photos, did so much research and homework, wasted so many Saturdays travelling to their offices in ulu industrial estates and carparks (???), paid some deposit, sat through scare tactics to take bank loans through them and gotten scammed and ghosted, and so far I've only gotten 1 skyhigh quote. I'm too exhausted and ready to go the way of doing the 5 random IDs route. 

@mmoh : I'm definitely buying MagicSeal netting for all the windows ... thanks for sharing!

To have or not to have: 

1) Does anyone have opinions on ceiling fans for top floor unit? I was told that top floors are prone to leaking ceilings over time, and ceiling fans cause vibrations which can make the ceiling cave in faster. Even if HDB repair the ceiling, still need to deal with all the dirt, debris and water seepage from broken ceiling. So no ceiling fans?

I have chosen the top floor unit. My unit will only be ready in 2022. I also intend to put a ceiling fan for my living room. So far I have not heard anything about ceiling fans causing vibrations which can make the ceiling cave in faster. Update me again if it really happens! :D

My current bedroom wardrobe has a mirror on its door. But it is on the inner side. You need to open wardrobe door in order to see yourself in it. It is about 3/4 length. Maybe it is okay if it is on the inner side of the wardrobe door. I am afraid of looking into the mirror at night in case I see 'extra thing" behind me other than myself in the mirror. Staying alone can be scary at times at night, especially in those hotel rooms! :lol:

On 10/28/2018 at 4:40 PM, Reality said:

The silver part is the window frame. Peeling.

if BSC is still around, get them to rectify.

On 10/27/2018 at 8:48 PM, studioflatter said:

To have or not to have: 

I've installed full length mirror on my bedroom door.

Hi y'all, where would us 2roomers live and shower if we reno our bathroom, say 5 years later?

If we only have 1 bathroom / toilet in the BTO, and we are currently renting with no other accommodation options, do we rent a hotel room for 1 week while the bathroom is being re-tiled? We would need to rent nearby to visit the reno works right?

I'm being quoted very ridiculous prices of 30-40K for simple reno by IDs, so I was thinking of cutting costs now and overlaying bathroom / kitchen wall and floor tiles maybe 5 years years later when I have more money. 

Hope for some serious replies. Thank you all so much.

Hi all, may I ask what is this on bathroom ceilings? Is it mandatory? 

I am on the top floor, so no piping to conceal right?

Looks like some sort of lighting but seems to take up a lot of space ..

bathroom light.jpg

Edited by studioflatter
add info