Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 11/4/2018 at 6:12 PM, studioflatter said:

Hi y'all, where would us 2roomers live and shower if we reno our bathroom, say 5 years later?

If we only have 1 bathroom / toilet in the BTO, and we are currently renting with no other accommodation options, do we rent a hotel room for 1 week while the bathroom is being re-tiled? We would need to rent nearby to visit the reno works right?

I'm being quoted very ridiculous prices of 30-40K for simple reno by IDs, so I was thinking of cutting costs now and overlaying bathroom / kitchen wall and floor tiles maybe 5 years years later when I have more money. 

Hope for some serious replies. Thank you all so much.

You can use the shower room in the swimming pools or sports hall.

21 hours ago, studioflatter said:

Hi all, may I ask what is this on bathroom ceilings? Is it mandatory? 

I am on the top floor, so no piping to conceal right?

Looks like some sort of lighting but seems to take up a lot of space ..

bathroom light.jpg

this is to conceal the big piping. You can remove it if you want.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
1 hour ago, Melody2205 said:

For those who have moved in, may I ask what size TV did you all buy? How about the fridge? What capacity did you all get?

TIA!

no tv, but there are members getting 55" and they love it but i personally felt it is too big.

If u r considering the distance between sofa vs size of tv, you google tv distance guide should give u the answer.

my fridge is 321L iirc and I felt it is too big, cos i m not a heavy cooking person. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Melody2205 said:

For those who have moved in, may I ask what size TV did you all buy? How about the fridge? What capacity did you all get?

TIA!

Tv is 55inch.. my layout is Abit different from the rest, so can't advice on the distance.

Fridge ard 330-350L.. my regret is I didn't get a fridge with bigger freezer compartment becoz I tend to run out of space. Not a heavy cooker but tend to airfry freezer food. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 11:27 AM, Melody2205 said:

TIA!

I bought 55" tv

fridge 393 litres (nett), it is good to have a big fridge! :P

• Like 1

So I can probably still get the same size TV as my parents' home, about 47". I was still worried with that small unit, I can only get a small TV which I may not be used to it :D

For the fridge, now I have an idea of how big I should get. I'm not a cooking person as well, so probably will just get one below 350L. 

How about the washing machine? What is the capacity you all buy? Did you all buy dryer as well? 2-in-1 with the washing machine or separate one? I am thinking of getting the laundry rack with the solar function. Can also sterilise the clothes. Anyone bought this? How's the review? 

laundry rack.jpg

So I can probably still get the same size TV as my parents' home, about 47". I was still worried with that small unit, I can only get a small TV which I may not be used to it :D

For the fridge, now I have an idea of how big I should get. I'm not a cooking person as well, so probably will just get one below 350L. 

How about the washing machine? What is the capacity you all buy? Did you all buy dryer as well? 2-in-1 with the washing machine or separate one? I am thinking of getting the laundry rack with the solar function. Can also sterilise the clothes. Anyone bought this? How's the review? 

bought the smallest capacity of 7kg and regretted it. not sure if it is due to the small capacity or specifically this machine, it always got problem whenever i wash clothes + bath towel at the spin dry part. i gotta remove my towel so that it can continue to spin dry while i do a separate spin dry just for the towel. if just clothes without bath towel, no such problem.

strangely no issue when I wash my bedsheets or curtains.

prefer sun dried clothes so no dryer. my living room got lots of morning sun.

• Sad 1

For washer I would suggest 8kg capacity so that it can also wash your queen sized bedsheets  (less of an issue if your mattress  size is smaller). 2 in 1 is space saving  and should be fine just note that the dryer capacity is lower than the washer eg 8kg/5kg, so you want to remove some items before starting the dryer function if you usually wash at full load.

I would usually wash the following groups of items separately: clothes, bed sheets/pillow cases, towels/hand towels, mats/rugs.

I find that dryers other than being energy guzzlers also fray clothes somewhat reducing the life span of clothes. A 2 in 1 is handy for times when you absolutely can’t wait for the clothes to dry or there is not much sun due to rainy season.  You can also run towels through a short airing cycle on the dryer so that they are more fluffy after being air dried.

Another idea is to use dehumidifiers to speed up indoor drying, and there are models now with “Laundryfresh” labels. Will use one and see how well it works when my new place is ready. It also consumes less electricity compared to a dryer = lower bills!

• Like 1

On 11/11/2018 at 9:41 AM, mmoh said:

bought the smallest capacity of 7kg and regretted it. not sure if it is due to the small capacity or specifically this machine, it always got problem whenever i wash clothes + bath towel at the spin dry part. i gotta remove my towel so that it can continue to spin dry while i do a separate spin dry just for the towel. if just clothes without bath towel, no such problem.

strangely no issue when I wash my bedsheets or curtains.

prefer sun dried clothes so no dryer. my living room got lots of morning sun.

Oh... what brand is your washing machine? It's still under warranty right? Maybe can call the technician to come down and have a look? 

On 11/11/2018 at 6:03 PM, hdb4ever said:

For washer I would suggest 8kg capacity so that it can also wash your queen sized bedsheets  (less of an issue if your mattress  size is smaller). 2 in 1 is space saving  and should be fine just note that the dryer capacity is lower than the washer eg 8kg/5kg, so you want to remove some items before starting the dryer function if you usually wash at full load.

I would usually wash the following groups of items separately: clothes, bed sheets/pillow cases, towels/hand towels, mats/rugs.

I find that dryers other than being energy guzzlers also fray clothes somewhat reducing the life span of clothes. A 2 in 1 is handy for times when you absolutely can’t wait for the clothes to dry or there is not much sun due to rainy season.  You can also run towels through a short airing cycle on the dryer so that they are more fluffy after being air dried.

Another idea is to use dehumidifiers to speed up indoor drying, and there are models now with “Laundryfresh” labels. Will use one and see how well it works when my new place is ready. It also consumes less electricity compared to a dryer = lower bills!

When would your new place be ready? Have you collected the keys? My friend is moving in to her new place, a resale 4 room flat. She's sourcing for items and at times would ask me to accompany her go shopping. I'd also look out for any items that's suitable for my new home. Of course it's still too early for me to see those things, by then when I collect my keys in 2022, new models or technology would have emerged! :lol:

4 hours ago, Melody2205 said:

Oh... what brand is your washing machine? It's still under warranty right? Maybe can call the technician to come down and have a look? 

Samsung. More than 2 yrs liao. Just washed bath towel and few others. No issue this time. So i guess bath towel + regular load is over the capacity thats why couldnt spin dry.

7 hours ago, mmoh said:

Samsung. More than 2 yrs liao. Just washed bath towel and few others. No issue this time. So i guess bath towel + regular load is over the capacity thats why couldnt spin dry.

Hmm... strange then. Bath towel also not very big right? Or yours is the hotel type that's very thick? We are using Samsung too for our current house. It's a 8kg washer. My mom washes our towels with our clothes as well. No issues. But when we are washing comforters, cannot mix with bedsheets. The washer gets jammed up and washing machine couldn't move. We had to call for the technician to come and take a look for us what had gone wrong :lol:

So far how much is the total monthly electricity and water bills that you all incur monthly? Includes gas?  

Hmm... strange then. Bath towel also not very big right? Or yours is the hotel type that's very thick? We are using Samsung too for our current house. It's a 8kg washer. My mom washes our towels with our clothes as well. No issues. But when we are washing comforters, cannot mix with bedsheets. The washer gets jammed up and washing machine couldn't move. We had to call for the technician to come and take a look for us what had gone wrong :lol:

So far how much is the total monthly electricity and water bills that you all incur monthly? Includes gas?  

Mine was 7 / 7.5kg. normal bath towel. I wash my super single bedsheet + quilt cover + pillow cases ok.

My bill not accurate cos I dun stay there. every month $20+

• Like 1

My washing machine is lg 9kg... Was intending to get 8kg but silent motor and auto filter linen had convince me to bought 9kg. It's Abit too big and becoz I'm short, sometimes I felt like I'll fall into the washer when I dive in to take out the laundry. :P

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ankle said:

My washing machine is lg 9kg... Was intending to get 8kg but silent motor and auto filter linen had convince me to bought 9kg. It's Abit too big and becoz I'm short, sometimes I felt like I'll fall into the washer when I dive in to take out the laundry. :P

Yours is top load? I intend to get front load. Current home is front load too. Previously using top load. Hehehe... Maybe I'll get 8kg, same as my current place's. Just enough for me to wash my comforter and bedsheets.  :)

15 hours ago, mmoh said:

Mine was 7 / 7.5kg. normal bath towel. I wash my super single bedsheet + quilt cover + pillow cases ok.

My bill not accurate cos I dun stay there. every month $20+

Noted of the PUB bills.