Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

1 hour ago, Melody2205 said:

Yours is top load? I intend to get front load. Current home is front load too. Previously using top load. Hehehe... Maybe I'll get 8kg, same as my current place's. Just enough for me to wash my comforter and bedsheets.  :)

Noted of the PUB bills. 

Yeah, top load.

Not a fan of front load as I dun like to squart down to retrieve laundry. 

Edited by Ankle

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 11/23/2018 at 9:17 PM, Cyndi Lee said:

Hi my humble home is still in the midst of reno :) I have told my ID beforehand I have budget if being charge more I will have no money :(

Join the club. Looking forward to your progress and updates! What's the theme?

By the by, sale alert, many many year-end sales to be found in The NEw PAper and online portals, esp 12 DEcember ... those reno now so lucky, so many promo during year end ... my friend advise me to buy now, but I got no space to keep WC or kitchen sink or oven or fridge in my tiny rental room for 8 months wor ... even if have, maybe by then the sink shower taps all rusty already ...:lol:

On 11/28/2018 at 10:12 PM, studioflatter said:

Join the club. Looking forward to your progress and updates! What's the theme?

By the by, sale alert, many many year-end sales to be found in The NEw PAper and online portals, esp 12 DEcember ... those reno now so lucky, so many promo during year end ... my friend advise me to buy now, but I got no space to keep WC or kitchen sink or oven or fridge in my tiny rental room for 8 months wor ... even if have, maybe by then the sink shower taps all rusty already ...:lol:

I wouldn't recommend buying the appliances so soon if your renovation has not even started.
Thats because there may be times where the item you buy may not fit your apartment.

Always always check with ID if the item you buy fits your apartment.
I had a few folks in my FB group who bought in advance, only to frantically try to find buyers
sell off cheap because some of them cannot fit or they decided to change their mind and dun like the design anymore.
Renovation itself can be stressful. Don't give yourself additional stress.

One tip i can recommend is you can check if the Store can help hold your furniture and appliances first.
Some vendors can help hold for 3 months or so provided you give a deposit or something.

Edited by ryanyth

• Like 1

for me, i spread out my purchase. I started buying some of kitchen cooking electrical appliances whenever there is a sale or on bday month discounts. My LED ceiling lights, i bought them during Philips carnival sale. In this way, my expenses are more spread out and not fork out everything at once. I may lost out on warranty, but it depends on the brand & product. That's how I did it. I even managed to grab a Ikea Leather 2-seater at 40% discount, and lalavan it over to my friend place (spare room) and put there for a few months.

22 hours ago, swatcL said:

for me, i spread out my purchase. I started buying some of kitchen cooking electrical appliances whenever there is a sale or on bday month discounts. My LED ceiling lights, i bought them during Philips carnival sale. In this way, my expenses are more spread out and not fork out everything at once. I may lost out on warranty, but it depends on the brand & product. That's how I did it. I even managed to grab a Ikea Leather 2-seater at 40% discount, and lalavan it over to my friend place (spare room) and put there for a few months.

Whoa, that takes a lot of space ... I can barely walk without tripping on table or chair in my tiny rental room ... good training for the 36m2 BTO!

Can I ask those who have vinyl flooring, does the weekly TC corridor washing splash dirty water onto your gate, vinyl floor or under your door? Do you need to wipe off the water to prevent gate corrosion, seepage into vinyl or stains?

12 hours ago, studioflatter said:

Whoa, that takes a lot of space ... I can barely walk without tripping on table or chair in my tiny rental room ... good training for the 36m2 BTO!

Can I ask those who have vinyl flooring, does the weekly TC corridor washing splash dirty water onto your gate, vinyl floor or under your door? Do you need to wipe off the water to prevent gate corrosion, seepage into vinyl or stains?

I lay tiles in between main door and gate worrying that the washing will have water seep inside the vinyl. but i do not observed that water got splash onto my tiles. but then maybe because my tiles are higher than the door gap instead of the previous slope.

1 hour ago, mmoh said:

I lay tiles in between main door and gate worrying that the washing will have water seep inside the vinyl. but i do not observed that water got splash onto my tiles. but then maybe because my tiles are higher than the door gap instead of the previous slope.

Ah great idea! Can show photo? Cos someone advise to change main gate with the bottom part got metal panel to block splashing ( like those to keep pets in or out), but quite expensive ...

2 hours ago, studioflatter said:

Ah great idea! Can show photo? Cos someone advise to change main gate with the bottom part got metal panel to block splashing ( like those to keep pets in or out), but quite expensive ...

595709681_2016-06-1015_16_49.jpg.179cabcae40b49c4afc3fb1afe5c80af.jpg

• Like 1

I've installed vinyl flooring and there's no splash so far. 

As for shopping for appliances and furnitures, I've just make a list of items and specific brand and prices first. I just do all my purchases in a few trips and arrange all deliveries in 2 dates after Reno so that I don't have to frequently take leave and go down to my new house.

For furnitures, you can actually buy during sales and arrange for delivery at later date. You can change delivery date if your Reno gets delayed. I've bought most of my furnitures during dec sales and arrange for end of march delivery.

As for appliances, there're always ongoing sales. Moreover, Harvey Norman gave me extra discount becoz I've bought all the appliances at one go and I dun have to cash and carry the small appliances. Just tagged along wif delivery of bulking appliances will do. 

Edited by Ankle

39 minutes ago, Ankle said:

I've installed vinyl flooring and there's no splash so far. 

As for shopping for appliances and furnitures, I've just make a list of items and specific brand and prices first. I just do all my purchases in a few trips and arrange all deliveries in 2 dates after Reno so that I don't have to frequently take leave and go down to my new house.

For furnitures, you can actually buy during sales and arrange for delivery at later date. You can change delivery date if your Reno gets delayed. I've bought most of my furnitures during dec sales and arrange for end of march delivery.

As for appliances, there're always ongoing sales. Moreover, Harvey Norman gave me extra discount becoz I've bought all the appliances at one go and I dun have to cash and carry the small appliances. Just tagged along wif delivery of bulking appliances will do. 

Thanks ankle and mmoh

Where did the beige tiles come from? The spare tiles are grey right?

OK Looks like just vinyl will do then. Yay. Is there a wheelchair friendly ramp from corridor to the main entrance door? Or like a step in the photo?

O How do you wait for delivery at your new BTO without fan or A.C.? Do you bring a huge battery operated fan and chair to sit and wait in the flat for 4 hours?

Edited by studioflatter
Details

3 hours ago, studioflatter said:

Thanks ankle and mmoh

Where did the beige tiles come from? The spare tiles are grey right?

OK Looks like just vinyl will do then. Yay. Is there a wheelchair friendly ramp from corridor to the main entrance door? Or like a step in the photo?

O How do you wait for delivery at your new BTO without fan or A.C.? Do you bring a huge battery operated fan and chair to sit and wait in the flat for 4 hours?

u can buy the tiles used by the BTO from the BSC. Of cos you can buy your own tiles too.

If you did not choose flooring, it should be a slope. I level up mine with tiles so no more slope.

deliver furniture and electrical appliances after your reno completed.

Edited by mmoh