Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 2/16/2019 at 6:57 PM, studioflatter said:

Do you know how many coats of paint did your walls get, and how much did painting cost?

I nego with an ID who told me only 1 coat paint and minor touch ups to bring down from 1.3K to 1.1K.

Cuz I found PuHua eco Diatomacrous Earth paint that offer 2 coats paint at 1.1K. 

Normally paint two coats, one coat is not enough.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Anyone has to create a hole along the kerb due to the sewage position? Can show close up pictures of the hole? I wanna see how different contractors will create such thing. Will it be raw inside without tiles and can see cement. Will it become difficult to maintain?

Question: When you get a brand new HDB BTO flat, do you still need to do additional layer(s) of wall paint or the wall paint done by HDB is good enough, assuming no color change?

Hi all,

I just select my unit recently in Punggol Point Woods..would like to know how you guys do to the toilet on the dry/wet area with 2 doors access from bedroom and kitchen. Need some ideas..

On 2/24/2019 at 11:04 AM, CaseBlue said:

Anyone has to create a hole along the kerb due to the sewage position? Can show close up pictures of the hole? I wanna see how different contractors will create such thing. Will it be raw inside without tiles and can see cement. Will it become difficult to maintain?

the hole is very small. dont think they put tiles inside cos really small. now that you have mention, i think is time to use toothbrush to clean it... :x

what my contractor did was to create a squarish hole and provide 2 small pieces of tiles that can be used to cover the 2 holes. and inside, they create some cement blockage so that the pathway inside the hole is not a straight one. according to the contractor, this is to prevent water from the wet area to flow too easily to the dry area.

On 2/24/2019 at 5:31 PM, SuperZ said:

Question: When you get a brand new HDB BTO flat, do you still need to do additional layer(s) of wall paint or the wall paint done by HDB is good enough, assuming no color change?

yes you need. cos HDB didnt use paint to paint but they use 灰水 only. if you can read chinese. recommend to select those anti mold type of paint.

9 hours ago, Darkangel17 said:

Hi all,

I just select my unit recently in Punggol Point Woods..would like to know how you guys do to the toilet on the dry/wet area with 2 doors access from bedroom and kitchen. Need some ideas..

pls show floorplan. or you can read back to refer to ankle, greenbunny and a few member's posts and replies on that.

2 hours ago, Darkangel17 said:

This is the floor plan.

A8E938B3-E306-41A7-AD12-A6B95FD649FF.jpeg

where is the showerhead location?

what ankle and greenbunny did were to exchange the location of shower and basin but that depends on the exact location of the piping and floor trap.

alternative and easier way, if your shower head location is not right in the middle, is to have a divider right in the middle to split wet and dry with either WC or basin inside the wet area, like what i did to mine.

2 hours ago, Darkangel17 said:

This is the floor plan.

A8E938B3-E306-41A7-AD12-A6B95FD649FF.jpeg

It seems difficult to create wet/dry for this bathroom layout. I see 2 option.

1) build semi-circle kerb at shower area and install shower curtain.

2) seal kitchen door and install wash basin over there and replace original basin with shower. And you can create wet/dry from there. It wouldn't be ideal becoz the water will spill towards your bedroom when you shower. 

Edited by Ankle

3 hours ago, mmoh said:

where is the showerhead location?

what ankle and greenbunny did were to exchange the location of shower and basin but that depends on the exact location of the piping and floor trap.

alternative and easier way, if your shower head location is not right in the middle, is to have a divider right in the middle to split wet and dry with either WC or basin inside the wet area, like what i did to mine.

The shower head location is right at the middle between 2 doors.. Thanks for the suggestions,  will take some time to plan out. 

@Darkangel17You can seal one of the doors (either bedroom or kitchen) and have that corner be the shower area. Obviously, you have to ensure that the sealing is tight, with no water seeping across to bedroom or kitchen.

Edited by SuperZ

On 2/26/2019 at 9:53 AM, mmoh said:

the hole is very small. dont think they put tiles inside cos really small. now that you have mention, i think is time to use toothbrush to clean it... :x

what my contractor did was to create a squarish hole and provide 2 small pieces of tiles that can be used to cover the 2 holes. and inside, they create some cement blockage so that the pathway inside the hole is not a straight one. according to the contractor, this is to prevent water from the wet area to flow too easily to the dry area.

Thanks for the information ... i think my contractor created quite a big hole but after your description i think it's correct to have some cement blockage in the middle ... 

On 3/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, angstygal said:

Hi there, is there update for this thread? I getting my 2room in 2nd quarter 2020.

Post your query.  There will be someone who can help advise if they have experienced . 

Edited by CaseBlue