Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

12 hours ago, mmoh said:

congrats! so fast this Sat!  show pics!

white on white? everything white white? I would love white + 1 soothing colour

yep. considering grey and/or yellow as accent colours

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

been "stalking" this forum for a while now and it is very informative for singles like us. Anyway attached is my completed apartment. The theme is somewhat scandinavian i guess.

Photo from Kelvin Cheng(1).jpg

Photo from Kelvin Cheng(2).jpg

Photo from Kelvin Cheng(3).jpg

Photo from Kelvin Cheng(4).jpg

Photo from Kelvin Cheng.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/24/2019 at 11:52 AM, Kelvin Cheng said:

Hi all,

been "stalking" this forum for a while now and it is very informative for singles like us. Anyway attached is my completed apartment. The theme is somewhat scandinavian i guess.

Photo from Kelvin Cheng(1).jpg

Photo from Kelvin Cheng(2).jpg

Photo from Kelvin Cheng(3).jpg

Photo from Kelvin Cheng(4).jpg

Photo from Kelvin Cheng.jpg

thx for sharing the photos, much appreciated.

a few questions/comments

- like the dining table; brand/model?

- like the subway tiles backsplash

- noticed kitchen flooring doesn't look like tiles; did you overlay?

- cost/budget?

On 5/24/2019 at 11:52 AM, Kelvin Cheng said:

Hi all,

Nice! Simple layout makes the room looks spacious.

1. No TV, me too.

2. where is your wardrobe?

Hey guys!

new 2room new comer. Hehe. I bought a resale at Segar and getting reno starts in July. Eggcited. 

Wanna ask about the fengshui bai bai matters. Do i roll pineapple etc ceremony in day one or when everything completed n i ready to move in? 

I see some said do in day one reno but some said no need. How?

visited flat 1st time today

1. wow quite a few socket outlets, data points, and switches already in flat
  2. main gate is wrought iron, is it possible to repaint another colour to match reno theme?
  3. same for main door and toilet bi-fold alumninium frame, can repaint? 

118a canberra - floor plan with annotation.jpg

Edited by evozero
edit bullet points

On 5/25/2019 at 11:25 PM, evozero said:

thx for sharing the photos, much appreciated.

a few questions/comments

- like the dining table; brand/model?

- like the subway tiles backsplash

- noticed kitchen flooring doesn't look like tiles; did you overlay?

- cost/budget?

Hi evezero, 

Dining table set are from IKEA. 

I did overlay for kitchen and it is tiles. Nowsaday got a lot of tiles with wood like appearance. I got mine from hafary. 

Cost is on the high side at 30k. 

A word of advice, when choosing tiles, try to choose bigger one rather than smaller one. Smaller tiles tend to have higher workmanship charges. 

9 hours ago, mmoh said:

Nice! Simple layout makes the room looks spacious.

1. No TV, me too.

2. where is your wardrobe?

1. Nowaday watch everything on tablet / laptop so don't need TV. ?

2. I converted the bomb shelter into a walk in wardrobe to save space.The last thing I want is for the bomb shelter to become a dumping ground for unwanted stuffs. 

IMG_20190527_022536.jpg

10 hours ago, Huey Miin Kor said:

Hey guys!

new 2room new comer. Hehe. I bought a resale at Segar and getting reno starts in July. Eggcited. 

Wanna ask about the fengshui bai bai matters. Do i roll pineapple etc ceremony in day one or when everything completed n i ready to move in? 

I see some said do in day one reno but some said no need. How?

congrats! segar 2 room MOP over liao ah, later go and check their price. Mind to share how much you bought your unit?

roll pineapple from what i understand, is when you first open door. there are quite a few website that shares about the ritual and iirc my page 1 also have link to that. 

10 hours ago, evozero said:

visited flat 1st time today

1. wow quite a few socket outlets, data points, and switches already in flat
  2. main gate is wrought iron, is it possible to repaint another colour to match reno theme?
  3. same for main door and toilet bi-fold alumninium frame, can repaint? 

main gate I am not sure cos I remember HDB has requirement to maintain same external look during the MOP period. You may want to revisit the T&C or check HDB website.

Toilet no problem.

7 hours ago, Kelvin Cheng said:

A word of advice, when choosing tiles, try to choose bigger one rather than smaller one. Smaller tiles tend to have higher workmanship charges. 

bigger tiles got lesser grout and easier to clean.

7 hours ago, Kelvin Cheng said:

2. I converted the bomb shelter into a walk in wardrobe to save space.The last thing I want is for the bomb shelter to become a dumping ground for unwanted stuffs. 

yup yup, no need for a TV too but will get a smart TV for bigger display when really moved in.

btw, your bathroom door is it open to living room or you seal the one leading to the bedroom? 

can share pic of the bathroom? cos i think many members had / having headache with the bathroom.

2 hours ago, mmoh said:

congrats! segar 2 room MOP over liao ah, later go and check their price. Mind to share how much you bought your unit?

roll pineapple from what i understand, is when you first open door. there are quite a few website that shares about the ritual and iirc my page 1 also have link to that. 

main gate I am not sure cos I remember HDB has requirement to maintain same external look during the MOP period. You may want to revisit the T&C or check HDB website.

Toilet no problem.

bigger tiles got lesser grout and easier to clean.

yup yup, no need for a TV too but will get a smart TV for bigger display when really moved in.

btw, your bathroom door is it open to living room or you seal the one leading to the bedroom? 

can share pic of the bathroom? cos i think many members had / having headache with the bathroom.

Yes I sealed up the bathroom door to bedroom side to free up more space. Now I can have a bookshelf in my bedroom and also a sattee in my bathroom for me to sit. 

IMG_20190527_123938.jpg

11 hours ago, mmoh said:

Toilet no problem.

Thx mmoh. Checked hdb documents i signed. Only mentioned balcony, external windows, service yard, etc. Didn't mention main door or main gate. Think they are more concerned about external facade

23 hours ago, Kelvin Cheng said:

IMG_20190527_022536.jpg

Nice. Glad to see another Bomb Shelter Walk-In Wardrobe!
Looking good! :good:

21 hours ago, Kelvin Cheng said:

Yes I sealed up the bathroom door to bedroom side to free up more space. Now I can have a bookshelf in my bedroom and also a sattee in my bathroom for me to sit. 

hmm... interesting.

12 hours ago, evozero said:

Thx mmoh. Checked hdb documents i signed. Only mentioned balcony, external windows, service yard, etc. Didn't mention main door or main gate. Think they are more concerned about external facade

ok, then you can do whatever you want.

spotted this 2003 UK 6-part series, hope it helps fellow homeowners

youtu[dot]be/Os02K3VP8-I

Edited by evozero
Can't seem to insert link