Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

question on aircon

searched online, seems single-split should be sufficient for 2-room flat  

guide suggest 9,000btu for 350 to 400 sq feet area, which means system 1 

spoke to a few IDs, they seemed to recommend system 2 [i.e. 2 aircon units] instead

any thoughts?

p.s. forum software seems to make my post hidden everytime i insert a hyperlink. anyway to resolve this?

Edited by evozero

question on aircon

spoke to a few IDs, they seemed to recommend system 2 [i.e. 2 aircon units] instead

any thoughts?

p.s. forum software seems to make my post hidden everytime i insert a hyperlink. anyway to resolve this?

On 5/31/2019 at 7:09 PM, evozero said:

spotted this 2003 UK 6-part series, hope it helps fellow homeowners

youtu[dot]be/Os02K3VP8-I

Thanks for the recommendation. I've just binge-watched and really love this Rules of Design series by BBC! Explains interior design considerations so clearly and with scientific basis too!

On 6/1/2019 at 11:02 PM, evozero said:

question on aircon

any thoughts?

btw nice link for that British show, i also watched that for inspiration when planning my home reno.

Anyway back to your aircon question and it depends on what you want really.
I myself have System 2 (2 aircons), 9000btu and 18000btu
9000btu is for my bedroom, 18000btu is for my living room.

If you just want bedroom to be air-conditioned, 9000btu is more than enough.
My bedroom is even open concept type and its still very cool to sleep.

The aircon in the living room is purely for luxury or enjoyment such as when I entertain friends or enjoy a movie / gaming night. Really up to you and your budgeting. if you don't feel you need an aircon in the living room, one aircon in the bedroom would be good enough.

No way to resolve the hyperlink hidden issue. I also encounter the same. just try to re-post and hope it doesn't get hidden lor.

Edited by ryanyth

On 5/27/2019 at 10:11 AM, mmoh said:

congrats! segar 2 room MOP over liao ah, later go and check their price. Mind to share how much you bought your unit?

roll pineapple from what i understand, is when you first open door. there are quite a few website that shares about the ritual and iirc my page 1 also have link to that. 

main gate I am not sure cos I remember HDB has requirement to maintain same external look during the MOP period. You may want to revisit the T&C or check HDB website.

Toilet no problem.

bigger tiles got lesser grout and easier to clean.

yup yup, no need for a TV too but will get a smart TV for bigger display when really moved in.

btw, your bathroom door is it open to living room or you seal the one leading to the bedroom? 

can share pic of the bathroom? cos i think many members had / having headache with the bathroom.

@mmoh My unit is abit overpriced, cov 10k ? but i like the view. Sigh.. been trying west area bto 4times but cant get. No choice but to get resale. Luckily can get the one i like. But i wont be able to sell it at higher price as i think no one will wanna buy 2room at 300k ?

So now try to do minimal loh cos no money liao after the cov. I will seal up the toilet entrance in bedroom. Hahaha. Also I will be hacking “half wall” between bedroom n livingrm cos it is a structure wall. After “stalking” all ppls post, i realised my bedroom is smaller than you all. So i decided to move the wardrobe out and put in living room. 

Any idea? Thinking to do a small wardrobe may be 4ft will do at the right side corner area. Im considering to put TV at fish tank there. Dont need a dining area but plan to have a cosy corner near window, buy a one seat lounge chair. Lol. 

A8D2801D-5873-4ED5-9177-23B402B482BF.jpeg

A912606C-63ED-4DE4-96F3-5DF6DAD7227C.jpeg

21 hours ago, Huey Miin Kor said:

@mmoh My unit is abit overpriced, cov 10k ? but i like the view. Sigh.. been trying west area bto 4times but cant get. No choice but to get resale. Luckily can get the one i like. But i wont be able to sell it at higher price as i think no one will wanna buy 2room at 300k ?

So now try to do minimal loh cos no money liao after the cov. I will seal up the toilet entrance in bedroom. Hahaha. Also I will be hacking “half wall” between bedroom n livingrm cos it is a structure wall. After “stalking” all ppls post, i realised my bedroom is smaller than you all. So i decided to move the wardrobe out and put in living room. 

Any idea? Thinking to do a small wardrobe may be 4ft will do at the right side corner area. Im considering to put TV at fish tank there. Dont need a dining area but plan to have a cosy corner near window, buy a one seat lounge chair. Lol. 

A912606C-63ED-4DE4-96F3-5DF6DAD7227C.jpeg

I guess it must be high floor with good view! lol!

sealing door cost $$ & hacking too!

your bedroom is slightly longer horizontally. I presume you want a queen size bed. what about putting the wardrobe at the right upper corner of your bedroom? and your bed headboard against the wall of the bathroom? ie. lying on bed will be looking out of the window. but then the door will be opening to the bed, not so good for fengshui i think. You plan to hack away that wall? any door?

if no door, and putting a wardrobe is possible at that corner, you can extend it with a display cabinet / storage cabinet / book shelf on the side of the wardrobe extend until the living room wall so it looks like a L-shape cabinet, if you get what i mean...

I always like the idea of having a lounge corner near the window. 1 seater lounge chair sounds good! or a bean bag sofa.

nice layout of the bathroom, I presume that corner is for shower.

21 hours ago, Huey Miin Kor said:

Cant open the link ?

can, replace the [dot] with . u can open liao

1 hour ago, mmoh said:

I guess it must be high floor with good view! lol!

sealing door cost $$ & hacking too!

your bedroom is slightly longer horizontally. I presume you want a queen size bed. what about putting the wardrobe at the right upper corner of your bedroom? and your bed headboard against the wall of the bathroom? ie. lying on bed will be looking out of the window. but then the door will be opening to the bed, not so good for fengshui i think. You plan to hack away that wall? any door?

if no door, and putting a wardrobe is possible at that corner, you can extend it with a display cabinet / storage cabinet / book shelf on the side of the wardrobe extend until the living room wall so it looks like a L-shape cabinet, if you get what i mean...

I always like the idea of having a lounge corner near the window. 1 seater lounge chair sounds good! or a bean bag sofa.

nice layout of the bathroom, I presume that corner is for shower.

can, replace the [dot] with . u can open liao

@mmoh yes. I get what u mean. But bedroom is not full size window. So bedhead face the bathroom wall also see nothing de. Haha. Ya, will be doing a sliding door. But again, wardrobe in the bedroom just zo deng because is queen size bed. Dont ask me chg to Super Single! I just bought it last year. Hahaha. So, queen size it is. Lol. 

Below is the current layout. See the space to walk? I will be ? walk everyday. Lol. Thats how the wardrobe in livingroom idea came from. But nothing is confirmed yet. 

What i really piss is the aircon ledge access is in the bedroom. Dont know which brilliant HDB/Contractor architect go design this way. Really speechless. Because of this, i now habe to leave a space for future access. ?

the millions dollar green view from livingroom. Hehehe. It cost 10k cov. Lol

BB45A918-E5B8-400B-9F97-93E092260A47.jpeg

FDC6C1F4-D94F-4EC8-B742-C47B4B337178.jpeg

AA9A302D-1B34-40CB-B876-DFA4C92506E2.jpeg

May b a full size wardrobe at the purple wall. Plan is to put tv at the bombshelter wall, where the fish tank is now. But i actually dont need such hige wardrobe. Sigh... Thinking... 

this wardrobe is the thing that bother me THE MOST ??

shang nao jin..

D2EF25CE-7851-4DD4-A34E-261CB326EE0A.jpeg

11 minutes ago, Huey Miin Kor said:

@mmoh yes. I get what u mean. But bedroom is not full size window. So bedhead face the bathroom wall also see nothing de. Haha. Ya, will be doing a sliding door. But again, wardrobe in the bedroom just zo deng because is queen size bed. Dont ask me chg to Super Single! I just bought it last year. Hahaha. So, queen size it is. Lol. 

Below is the current layout. See the space to walk? I will be ? walk everyday. Lol. Thats how the wardrobe in livingroom idea came from. But nothing is confirmed yet. 

What i really piss is the aircon ledge access is in the bedroom. Dont know which brilliant HDB/Contractor architect go design this way. Really speechless. Because of this, i now habe to leave a space for future access. ?

the millions dollar green view from livingroom. Hehehe. It cost 10k cov. Lol

FDC6C1F4-D94F-4EC8-B742-C47B4B337178.jpeg

AA9A302D-1B34-40CB-B876-DFA4C92506E2.jpeg

this view worth the $10k you paid for!

it is so squeezy cos they put it the other way! but then they block the access??

Actually I really think very doable leh, my idea. you go measure measure.

image.png.7f55c9246b96863f9c41058594d240fe.png

@Huey Miin Kor, there is no doubt you got million dollar view of the greenery. Since your flat block is quite close to Expressway,  how is the traffic noise level, especially at night during bedtime? I once visited such a flat unit and I can hear the constant traffic noise which is fairly loud. Please share your thoughts.

23 hours ago, mmoh said:

this view worth the $10k you paid for!

it is so squeezy cos they put it the other way! but then they block the access??

Actually I really think very doable leh, my idea. you go measure measure.

image.png.7f55c9246b96863f9c41058594d240fe.png

@mmoh i will have to shift the aircon if i were to put the wardrobe there. Also troublesome. Haha. So either way or many way already thought of, always have the feeling of “anywhere is so wrong”. Hahaha. But may b i can put it at the other side of the wall. Else, i just close both eyes since i will only be a ? when i need to change. ? ? 

Yes  current wardrobe is covering the access.

If put in livingroom, there is false ceiling. Argh!!! Everywhere is wrong ???

Below is another idea cos I initially wanted to swap bedroom n livingroom. So u see sofa rather bed cos bed is outside. ?

711A7152-5B76-4F21-8C6C-7542F0E994F0.jpeg

6 hours ago, SuperZ said:

@Huey Miin Kor, there is no doubt you got million dollar view of the greenery. Since your flat block is quite close to Expressway,  how is the traffic noise level, especially at night during bedtime? I once visited such a flat unit and I can hear the constant traffic noise which is fairly loud. Please share your thoughts.

@SuperZ yes. It is noisy at night when window left opened. But currently i live beside the main road, next to mrt and lrt. So i think i have no problem with the noise. 

Hopefully lah *finger cross* ?

Wait i move in in end Aug then let u know. Hehehe. 

Reno starting next month. Hope i hv made up my mind where to place the wardrobe by then. ??

Edited by Huey Miin Kor

On 6/15/2019 at 9:33 PM, Huey Miin Kor said:

@mmoh i will have to shift the aircon if i were to put the wardrobe there. Also troublesome. Haha. So either way or many way already thought of, always have the feeling of “anywhere is so wrong”. Hahaha. But may b i can put it at the other side of the wall. Else, i just close both eyes since i will only be a ? when i need to change. ? ? 

Yes  current wardrobe is covering the access.

If put in livingroom, there is false ceiling. Argh!!! Everywhere is wrong ???

Below is another idea cos I initially wanted to swap bedroom n livingroom. So u see sofa rather bed cos bed is outside. ?

then i guess no choice to put wardrobe at the other side of the wall in the living room.

Actually I have thought of swapping the living room and bedroom b4... then i can get my queen size bed and big wardrobe and can convert the bedroom to a big walk in wardrobe.  luxurious leh! lol!