Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi everyone I was reading a website article about studio apartment design when it suddenly occurred to me that it is a HDB 2-room BTO (even though this is not stated anywhere).

Very interesting how each of the different zones have been sectioned off, and how top hung cabinets are installed in lieu of a false ceiling to achieve both downlights and additional storage.

Design-A-Floor-Plan.png

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 2/22/2019 at 1:45 AM, angmortan said:

Hi I have the choice of 2 different layout for my 2 room Type 2 BTO at Punggol.

One is at Cove which is more rectangular 

20190222_014025.jpg.1fc05cd51c912e88dc665f3fb024d3ef.jpg

The other is at Woods which is more squarish 

20190222_014052.jpg.ff97d6ed6b493235e663bb8823362da7.jpg

Which will you guys choose, and why?

Need more views on the selection.

Thank you.

I will pick the first one too.. Cause my BTO (Eastcreek) also about the same setting.. Hahaha.. Which is coming in Q4 2019. ? 

On 6/16/2019 at 10:43 PM, mmoh said:

then i guess no choice to put wardrobe at the other side of the wall in the living room.

Actually I have thought of swapping the living room and bedroom b4... then i can get my queen size bed and big wardrobe and can convert the bedroom to a big walk in wardrobe.  luxurious leh! lol!

Then why never leh?!! Aiya...

20 hours ago, Huey Miin Kor said:

Then why never leh?!! Aiya...

lol, cos think if got visitors, not very nice so still fall back to the conventional type lor...

if given a chance I will do the switch. cos not really that many visitors, other than the initial house warming. So ownself comfort more important.

On 6/18/2019 at 7:57 PM, mmoh said:

lol, cos think if got visitors, not very nice so still fall back to the conventional type lor...

if given a chance I will do the switch. cos not really that many visitors, other than the initial house warming. So ownself comfort more important.

yalo. i discussed with my ID. In the end my wardrobe also going back to bedroom.

you are right. may be i will move the bed out to living room after all the rah rah house warming party. then no ppl will see it.

hahahaha..

PS: collecting my resale unit's key on Sunday. Reno starts in next week. egg-cited!!!

On 6/25/2019 at 5:22 PM, Huey Miin Kor said:

yalo. i discussed with my ID. In the end my wardrobe also going back to bedroom.

you are right. may be i will move the bed out to living room after all the rah rah house warming party. then no ppl will see it.

hahahaha..

PS: collecting my resale unit's key on Sunday. Reno starts in next week. egg-cited!!!

Congrats! Do share more on your reno journey ya.

21 hours ago, Huey Miin Kor said:

Question!

Has anyone buy kitchen sink or basin from Ezbuy or Taobao? I see the price like half cheaper and my friend bought it. So far so good. 

Anyone has tried and experience?

I didnt buy any fixtures there. Only bought cushions household items carpet bean bag sofa etc.

Need to consider shipping lead time. cos if u buy now high chance u get it like after 3 weeks or later.

11 hours ago, Huey Miin Kor said:

Wardrobe going back to bedroom loh ? but i do it smaller 5ft. 

smaller wardrobe --> no space --> buy lesser --> save money 

LOL!

actually 5ft enough lah, mine also 5ft.

On 7/5/2019 at 7:43 PM, mmoh said:

smaller wardrobe --> no space --> buy lesser --> save money 

LOL!

actually 5ft enough lah, mine also 5ft.

Great mind think alike. Muahahahahaha.. 

On 6/14/2019 at 9:58 PM, Huey Miin Kor said:

Plan is to put tv at the bombshelter wall, where the fish tank is now.  

Hi,

My layout is quite similar to yours and i have placed the tv against bombshelter wall like what you have intended.

One thing to note about this placement is the reflection from the window on your tv during daytime. I tend to close my windows blind and switch on living room lights when i watch tv during daytime.

Regarding buying from taobao, you might need to take note of shipping cost for heavy items and you might not have time to return and exchange in case of faulty items that required installation. So reviews, materials and measurements accuracy are very very important.

I've made quite alot of purchases from taobao for my reno and only 2 items have issues (one with incorrect model and the other with incorrect size). Thank goodness the 2 items are relatively cheap and i've managed to resolve by spending a little bit more to buy from local shops. 

11 hours ago, BunniBoi said:

Wow, so many new members...and most of them starting/started renovation.... Envy dao~~

wow! Bunniboiboi happy to see you back again! how is your meetings with ID?