Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 7/19/2019 at 11:12 AM, BunniBoi said:

Haha...yaya...super duper long didn't login here le. So far I have met 4 IDs liao.... very lazy to meet IDs....just want to quickly get it done and over with. HAHA....

I can totally relate to how it works n the process is tiring man!! Have to keep repeating the same old story/ idea to every ID. Hahaha. 

Im glad mine is almost done soon. Hehehe

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
16 hours ago, Murgaya Leslie Goh said:

Hi all,

Newbie here and I'm in a dilemma. Why is it nowadays 47sqm unit toilets doesn't comes like the old design where there's 2 doors from kitchen link and bedroom link!!?? Most of the new BTO toilets are now equipped with one door facing the LIVING ROOM... WHYYYY!! did anyone manage to hack and create door or renovate as such can't see the toilet from living room? Thank u. 

Les

I think it depends which project? My friend gotten the Tengah bto n still the same old 2entrances via kitchen n bedroom. 

On 7/18/2019 at 9:27 AM, Shanny said:

Morning,
been "stalking" this post when found it last year. finally gotten keys to my 2-room flat (eastlink II, 38sqm) and have done a simple renovation.

Thanks Mmoh for creating the post and keeping it alive. just to share what i have done.

825461960_design1.jpg.7c929efa6c56d3c22ddec79929b70dcc.jpg

Sorry.. wrong image ? 

37F322E1-2FDB-410C-9706-15A839CB3773.jpeg

Edited by Huey Miin Kor
Wrong

18 hours ago, Murgaya Leslie Goh said:

Hi all,

Newbie here and I'm in a dilemma. Why is it nowadays 47sqm unit toilets doesn't comes like the old design where there's 2 doors from kitchen link and bedroom link!!?? Most of the new BTO toilets are now equipped with one door facing the LIVING ROOM... WHYYYY!! did anyone manage to hack and create door or renovate as such can't see the toilet from living room? Thank u. 

Les

Hmm... I dont think you can hack new door for bathroom, due to water proofing issue I think.

2 doors got its pros and cons.  some sealed the door.

suggestion is u can install a full height curtain leaving a small gap at the bottom (so that it will not get wet) at the door so that guest does not look at toilet directly when they are **** room.

3 hours ago, Huey Miin Kor said:

I think it depends which project? My friend gotten the Tengah bto n still the same old 2entrances via kitchen n bedroom. 

Oh really.. I saw the floor plan for the estate seems like all 2 bedroom flats same configuration.. Maybe I seen it wrongly hahha.. Anyway thanks. 

1 hour ago, mmoh said:

Hmm... I dont think you can hack new door for bathroom, due to water proofing issue I think.

2 doors got its pros and cons.  some sealed the door.

suggestion is u can install a full height curtain leaving a small gap at the bottom (so that it will not get wet) at the door so that guest does not look at toilet directly when they are **** room.

Hey mmoh, thanks for creating this space for all 2 roomers. Finally finish reading 154 pages hahahha..ya u r right there's pros and cons I guess. Well let's see after all I'm still at the basic stage of selecting a flat. Thanks tho. 

Hi 2roomers!,

I've collected my keys to Fernvale Woods.Its 38sqm & opt out the OCS so doing vinyl flooring instead.

Will post reno updates here to share soon.See ya!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Murgaya Leslie Goh said:

Hey mmoh, thanks for creating this space for all 2 roomers. Finally finish reading 154 pages hahahha..ya u r right there's pros and cons I guess. Well let's see after all I'm still at the basic stage of selecting a flat. Thanks tho. 

u r welcome. you power! finishing reading all 154 pages! think many new members only read the 1st and last page. lol!

7 hours ago, diraf said:

Hi 2roomers!,

I've collected my keys to Fernvale Woods.Its 38sqm & opt out the OCS so doing vinyl flooring instead.

Will post reno updates here to share soon.See ya!

congrats! see more reno pics ya!

On 7/24/2019 at 5:39 PM, Huey Miin Kor said:

I can totally relate to how it works n the process is tiring man!! Have to keep repeating the same old story/ idea to every ID. Hahaha. 

Im glad mine is almost done soon. Hehehe

Ya lor....

hope mine will end soon. Haha... 

Hi Mmoh how many years have you stayed in your 2 room, perhaps you could give us an update on how you have found it like Ryan has.  I too am thinking of having a bay window seat are you facing west?  Any word of advice?  Your blog is the most active and I greatly appreciate that you are still maintaining it and responding even though you have already got your flat 4 years ago.  How do I get in touch with others in your blog? Would like their feedback on their Id and those who have corner showers, want to know if a corner screen is highly recommended.

On 7/26/2019 at 9:59 PM, daztan89 said:

you guys think I should install air con now or stick with ceiling fan first?

u finish reno alrdy? depends on how well u take the hot temperature bah. if finish reno and cost is concern, can wait until end of the year cos aircon salesman said aircon is slightly cheaper during cool period. if havent start reno then better to get aircon first, if not the piping and drilling maybe an issue.

On 7/27/2019 at 3:46 AM, Reno2020 said:

Hi Mmoh how many years have you stayed in your 2 room, perhaps you could give us an update on how you have found it like Ryan has.  I too am thinking of having a bay window seat are you facing west?  Any word of advice?  Your blog is the most active and I greatly appreciate that you are still maintaining it and responding even though you have already got your flat 4 years ago.  How do I get in touch with others in your blog? Would like their feedback on their Id and those who have corner showers, want to know if a corner screen is highly recommended.

i havent really moved in, treating it like my weekend statycation. i am mostly happy with my unit and reno. most of my feedback and update can be found in this thread.

the bay window seat is 1 of my most happiest decision. I spent most of my time sitting and lying on it, even taking my afternoon nap there. that window face east so i hang my laundry there for morning sun.

for others, i guess u gotta private message them bah.

corner shower screen i presume u r referring to L-shape shower screen? Coolbunny is using that, 90x90 and she is happy with it. but she is skinny so i guess it depends on your size bah?

Thanks for responding.Yup think I will go with a bay window seat like you and a bit of shower screen like Mancave Norman.  Have yet to figure out how to pm people on Reno talk??

Hi 2roomers,

Went to see the flat last weekend,here are the raw pics. its 38sqm.

I accidently deleted my toilet pic. its screen grab from HDB but its still accurate except i dont have a sink cos i opt out OCS.

As you can see,need screeding & flooring.

1.jpg

2a.jpg

2b.jpg

3a.jpg

3b.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

toilet.jpg

• Like 3

10 hours ago, diraf said:

Hi 2roomers,

Went to see the flat last weekend,here are the raw pics. its 38sqm.

I accidently deleted my toilet pic. its screen grab from HDB but its still accurate except i dont have a sink cos i opt out OCS.

As you can see,need screeding & flooring.

congrats! Hope to see your reno journey here too!