Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 7/29/2019 at 9:42 AM, diraf said:

Hi 2roomers,

Went to see the flat last weekend,here are the raw pics. its 38sqm.
I accidently deleted my toilet pic. its screen grab from HDB but its still accurate except i dont have a sink cos i opt out OCS.
As you can see,need screeding & flooring.

1.jpg

Congrats on your key collection!! :D
This particular picture you posted really brings back memories for my home's 1st day opening :D
Time really flies fast. Good luck for your renovations!! :lol:

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
1 hour ago, ryanyth said:

Congrats on your key collection!! :D
This particular picture you posted really brings back memories for my home's 1st day opening :D
Time really flies fast. Good luck for your renovations!! :lol:

Thnks ryanth!I read your reno journey as well.Really helpful tips to other 2roomers like myself.

There were contractors roaming around the blocks,trying to fish for customers.Are they legal or not I dont know but i was approached by a few that day.

Im gg to use ID company instead.

I need all the luck.hopefully no hiccups & goes smoothly.

• Like 1

On 7/28/2019 at 3:06 PM, mmoh said:

u finish reno alrdy? depends on how well u take the hot temperature bah. if finish reno and cost is concern, can wait until end of the year cos aircon salesman said aircon is slightly cheaper during cool period. if havent start reno then better to get aircon first, if not the piping and drilling maybe an issue.

Sorry for the late reply. Totally forgotten that I asked a question. hahahah.. Me ah.. I haven't get my keys yet. End Oct 2019. Excited and nervous at the same time. Hahaha.. Hmm.. I'm looking at aircon with the condensor unit, is there such aircon?

Edited by daztan89
hidden post?

3 hours ago, Murgaya Leslie Goh said:

Huatttt ahhhhh... Just finish my flat selection... And manage to get what I wanted. So excited!!!!! 

congrats! :good:

• Like 1

On 8/20/2019 at 4:48 PM, Murgaya Leslie Goh said:

Huatttt ahhhhh... Just finish my flat selection... And manage to get what I wanted. So excited!!!!! 

Congrats!!!

• Like 1

Hi! i hope this thread is still active!  i still have a loong wait to collect keys but feeling very excited.

I'm thinking to do very minimal renovation for my Type 1 bto, only the "must-haves". Right now, i'm thinking:

(1) Paint whole house

(2) Install kitchen cabinets, sinks

(3) install curtains, instant water heater, aircon (still deciding between casement or not)

(4) maybe change toilet vanity sink (I've opted for OCS)

Did I miss out anything? Is budget of $3k to $5k possible - i heard it's hard to find contractors to do such small jobs? 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mytinybto said:

Hi! i hope this thread is still active!  i still have a loong wait to collect keys but feeling very excited.

I'm thinking to do very minimal renovation for my Type 1 bto, only the "must-haves". Right now, i'm thinking:

(1) Paint whole house

(2) Install kitchen cabinets, sinks

(3) install curtains, instant water heater, aircon (still deciding between casement or not)

(4) maybe change toilet vanity sink (I've opted for OCS)

Did I miss out anything? Is budget of $3k to $5k possible - i heard it's hard to find contractors to do such small jobs? 

very tight budget. there are contractors who loiter at the void deck for new bto and they are willing to do small project such as just kitchen cabinets and sink. 4 years ago i was quoted 3k for just doing the kitchen cabinet for a rough guide. 

1. Painting - u can do it yourself or get a few friends to help out, just buy paint and brushes so this can limit to say $300?

2. Kitchen cabinet + sink - $3k?

3. Curtain - simple diy one you can refer to Ryan's thread. Instant heater < $200 but you may need to pay for installation, aircon if 2 units - $2k

4. HDB one also not that bad lah, I am using HDB one.

20 hours ago, mmoh said:

very tight budget. there are contractors who loiter at the void deck for new bto and they are willing to do small project such as just kitchen cabinets and sink. 4 years ago i was quoted 3k for just doing the kitchen cabinet for a rough guide. 

1. Painting - u can do it yourself or get a few friends to help out, just buy paint and brushes so this can limit to say $300?

2. Kitchen cabinet + sink - $3k?

3. Curtain - simple diy one you can refer to Ryan's thread. Instant heater < $200 but you may need to pay for installation, aircon if 2 units - $2k

4. HDB one also not that bad lah, I am using HDB one.

thanks for replying! it's not so much the money - it's more like I don't want to deal with the stress and hassle of renovating and checking on ID/contractors.  Just want to keep things simple and save time and energy.  

i think i'll just buy everything from Ikea and ask their contractors to install for me and call it a day LOL ?