Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 10/12/2019 at 11:29 PM, Ankle said:

Yup, but its foc provided by my id.

You mean the whole package, wow!! My contractor did few rounds of cleaning the floors and carpentry etc ... but I needed cleaning for the windows and other areas so engaged a company to do it yesterday. 

oops, forgot to update earlier

1. renovation started late Sep
  2. good progress made
  3. site meeting on 5 Oct with ID and carpenter; this was an important phase, as we had to make adjustments on site [e.g. unable to construct top-hung cabinet above kitchen sink area, as there is an access panel nearby, insufficient space remaining near kitchen entrance for proposed tall cabinet; this was initially designed for long items like mops, brooms, vacuum cleaners, etc.]
  4. a few days before vinyl flooring installation, ID messaged me and said previous chosen "model" had some issue, so chose another "model" with similar colour scheme
  5. this week, carpentry and installation of powerpoints & lights, fingers crossed there will be no major hiccups

when the rush is over, will try to document my journey in a wordpress site, currently still #WIP

2roomblog[dot]wordpress[dot]com

On 10/27/2019 at 6:59 AM, WarriorBunny said:

Hey hey... nice BTO 2rm blog.. been reading through up to page 60 so far... learning a lot from all the sharing here.... waiting for my bunny hole to be up soon... ? 

hello and welcome ?

which location did you get? how is your unit layout, and what are your preliminary ideas on renovation?

On 10/30/2019 at 10:20 PM, evozero said:

hello and welcome ?

which location did you get? how is your unit layout, and what are your preliminary ideas on renovation?

Hi Hi,

Thanks for the welcome! My bunny hole will be up NE cove of northshore

Don't quite like the layout with the H/S in the centre... wasting a lot of space and the toilet... but what to do... poor bunny haha?... live do with what I get...

Will be doing vinyl flooring, removing partition wall btw bedroom/living rm and replace with glass swivel sliding door

I like mmoh's window bay idea so doing a similar one there..

toilet: switch the basin/shower areas... exploring to put a corner bath-tub(Everlyn Jacuzzi from singaporebathtubs . com.. anyone use before?) ... if not enough space, may move the wash basin out to kitchen... stlll thinking..?ns.PNG.45d091cc2eea59eff8b2c5622ba6014d.PNG

Teck Whye Vista is having their roadshow on the 10 Nov 19.

West Plains roadshow is on the 24 Nov 19.

Bedok North Vale on the 8 Dec 19.

Congrats to all the 2rmers! :) Getting keys soon! :D

Edited by jothm

I made the kitchen door less wider to a normal door width by installing a false wall.original dimension is very wide entrance.

i put solid pine barn door as the kitchen door. **** heavy by itself but the rolling track helps using it with ease.

2 Reasons y i cover the kitchen is because my neighbor opp can see when i open my main door.I can see theirs too.We are the two only units on the level have such unique '' corner " layout.The rest of the units are facing the corridor.Other reason is i have A/C in the living room.

Flooring is a mix of ceramic tiles for door & kitchen entrance leading to the entrance of bathroom while the rest of the entire unit is vinyl flooring.

Vinyl doesn't sound as hollow and lightly textured according to the wood grain design.

I encountered several issues/problems during renovation like others in this forum.Its really can be a exciting & the same time frustrating experience esp for first timer like myself.

Will post more in future.

reno.jpg

• Like 1

renovation more or less done

some 360 photos below, paiseh, due to some renotalk forum bug, when i post links, it makes the post hidden. so to view the 360 photos, u have to copy the url below and paste into a browser, it should then show the photo

Entrance s.insta360.com/p/cc1a288051dfe349ad53892549e29d73

Kitchen s.insta360.com/p/c0db7349689be3978070646a23601f18

Toilet s.insta360.com/p/71a2226b2181e08da83515122818dbf0

Living/Bedroom s.insta360.com/p/2849c940aefcc301de7e8907eae40dc4

question: just discovered that aircon cold air is slightly escaping through the bottom gap of the sliding doors. any solutions? 

• Like 1

Hello to all members here! 

I have been following this forum for 2 years. This is my very first post. 

Expecting my keys this Dec/Jan. 

Type 2, 47sqm

@studioflatter: Really sorry to hear your horrifying reno experience. Hopefully, everything unpleasant will be over and done with and you can settle down nicely in your new home.

@CaseBlue: I plan to put up insect screen too. Could you share your experience in sourcing for the suitable service provider for insect screen? Thanks in advance! 

• Like 2