Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 11/16/2019 at 11:50 AM, Cranberries said:

Hello to all members here! 

I have been following this forum for 2 years. This is my very first post. 

Expecting my keys this Dec/Jan. 

Type 2, 47sqm

@studioflatter: Really sorry to hear your horrifying reno experience. Hopefully, everything unpleasant will be over and done with and you can settle down nicely in your new home.

@CaseBlue: I plan to put up insect screen too. Could you share your experience in sourcing for the suitable service provider for insect screen? Thanks in advance! 

welcome fellow canberra resident :)

mine is in eastlink ii, 36sqm

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, to all, 

Here's my floor plan. 

I do like the squarish kitchen. But I am not accustomed to having the bathroom door in the living room. 

@evozero: I tried balloting for eastlink but obviously I didn't get it, eastlink so much nearer to the canberra mrt, unlike eastcreek at a far flung corner, but I'm still glad to get an unit just that I need to travel a bit more to the mrt station? 

20191119_105129.png

Edited by Cranberries

• Like 1

On 11/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, evozero said:

renovation more or less done

some 360 photos below, paiseh, due to some renotalk forum bug, when i post links, it makes the post hidden. so to view the 360 photos, u have to copy the url below and paste into a browser, it should then show the photo

Entrance s.insta360.com/p/cc1a288051dfe349ad53892549e29d73

Kitchen s.insta360.com/p/c0db7349689be3978070646a23601f18

Toilet s.insta360.com/p/71a2226b2181e08da83515122818dbf0

Living/Bedroom s.insta360.com/p/2849c940aefcc301de7e8907eae40dc4

question: just discovered that aircon cold air is slightly escaping through the bottom gap of the sliding doors. any solutions? 

Saw your home pics.  Noticed you have a glass door for your kitchen and a glass corner stall in your bathroom.  May I know your supplier and the cost of these 2 items?  Interested in getting for myself too.  Btw have you moved in?  How is the corner stall working out?  Does it feel crammed?

On 11/14/2019 at 5:18 PM, evozero said:

renovation more or less done

some 360 photos below, paiseh, due to some renotalk forum bug, when i post links, it makes the post hidden. so to view the 360 photos, u have to copy the url below and paste into a browser, it should then show the photo

Entrance s.insta360.com/p/cc1a288051dfe349ad53892549e29d73

Kitchen s.insta360.com/p/c0db7349689be3978070646a23601f18

Toilet s.insta360.com/p/71a2226b2181e08da83515122818dbf0

Living/Bedroom s.insta360.com/p/2849c940aefcc301de7e8907eae40dc4

question: just discovered that aircon cold air is slightly escaping through the bottom gap of the sliding doors. any solutions? 

I like that you color matching the living room shelving with bedroom storage as well.

I like your flooring too.Is it vinyl , laminate or tiles?

On 11/21/2019 at 12:18 AM, Reno2020 said:

Saw your home pics.  Noticed you have a glass door for your kitchen and a glass corner stall in your bathroom.  May I know your supplier and the cost of these 2 items?  Interested in getting for myself too.  Btw have you moved in?  How is the corner stall working out?  Does it feel crammed?

paiseh, i used an ID, so glass door and shower cubicle was arranged by her, not sure which contractor.

price was $1,180 and $900 respectively.

31 minutes ago, diraf said:

I like that you color matching the living room shelving with bedroom storage as well.

I like your flooring too.Is it vinyl , laminate or tiles?

yep, as i expected to rarely close the sliding door, thought it would be good to keep the laminate colours similar

flooring is vinyl, ID suggested vinflor brand. FYI, i chose another colour code intially, but had to change to another colour code, as the original colour code i chose, that particular batch had some QC issues. fingers-crossed this colour code is ok...

On 10/17/2019 at 2:22 PM, BunniBoi said:

going to hack the wall away??

yes i hacked the wall away.I didn't like the two sliding doors.i did a normal swing door instead.

On 11/22/2019 at 12:22 PM, evozero said:

paiseh, i used an ID, so glass door and shower cubicle was arranged by her, not sure which contractor.

price was $1,180 and $900 respectively.

Thanks for responding.  Appreciate it.  Considering doing something similar but not sure if too squeezy but I don't like wet floors.

For BTO 2-Roomers, I am given S$ 8k quote from HDB licensed CaseTrust ID for basic move-in reno, which include 21' kitchen cabinets with base, stove, hood, tap & basin, 13' quartz top, 5' wardrobe, windows grilles and printing, with 1 year warranty. Is this worth it? Other quotes are above this price range. What else that I need to take note of?

On 11/16/2019 at 11:50 AM, Cranberries said:

Type 2, 47sqm

@studioflatter: Really sorry to hear your horrifying reno experience. Hopefully, everything unpleasant will be over and done with and you can settle down nicely in your new home.

@CaseBlue: I plan to put up insect screen too. Could you share your experience in sourcing for the suitable service provider for insect screen? Thanks in advance! 

Hi neighbour, I also Eastcreek.. Just finished renov. you from which block?

@daztan89Hello, neighbour!

I think mine is the last block for building completion and key release. 

Finished reno means you can move in before LNY, Congrats!

I will only start to reno after LNY, no point rushing now. Getting my keys this month. 

Edited by Cranberries

On 11/16/2019 at 2:20 PM, Cranberries said:

Type 2, 47sqm

Hi! Can I check with you is Dec/Jan the "official" expected date given by HDB?  I've heard that usually the BTO will be completed about 6 months ahead of the date given by HDB, not sure if that's true?

@mytinybtoHello! My new flat did not complete ahead of time but right on the dot. From the very start hdb state my new flat will be expected to complete in Q4 2019. And indeed I was notified to collect keys in December. But I did hear of projects completing ahead. And I was initially hopeful that I can collect keys in June/July but that never happened?

• Like 1

On 11/12/2019 at 12:00 PM, diraf said:

I made the kitchen door less wider to a normal door width by installing a false wall.original dimension is very wide entrance.

i put solid pine barn door as the kitchen door. **** heavy by itself but the rolling track helps using it with ease.

2 Reasons y i cover the kitchen is because my neighbor opp can see when i open my main door.I can see theirs too.We are the two only units on the level have such unique '' corner " layout.The rest of the units are facing the corridor.Other reason is i have A/C in the living room.

Flooring is a mix of ceramic tiles for door & kitchen entrance leading to the entrance of bathroom while the rest of the entire unit is vinyl flooring.

Vinyl doesn't sound as hollow and lightly textured according to the wood grain design.

I encountered several issues/problems during renovation like others in this forum.Its really can be a exciting & the same time frustrating experience esp for first timer like myself.

Will post more in future.

reno.jpg

The flooring is looking really nice here! Can't wait to get my flat!