Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 3/24/2020 at 5:15 PM, Cranberries said:

Hi @Xiaoyang,

Repositioning the rack like this, does make the kitchen look slightly spacious. I was contemplating this position, now I can be sure I'll do that too.

The only drawback is I need to stand under the rack to use that black rope to adjust the heightof the rack. For safety reason, not suppose to stand under it. 

Looking nice but where do you intend to dry your washed dishes/pots/pans? Seems like a waste to use that limited countertop space (where the flower pot is) for a countertop dish rack?

9 hours ago, hdb4ever said:

Looking nice but where do you intend to dry your washed dishes/pots/pans? Seems like a waste to use that limited countertop space (where the flower pot is) for a countertop dish rack?

I m considering a over the sink rack or smaller ones that can be kept in the cabinet below when the dishes are dry. 

On 3/26/2020 at 9:36 PM, Xiaoyang said:

The only drawback is I need to stand under the rack to use that black rope to adjust the heightof the rack. For safety reason, not suppose to stand under it. 

How much was the removal and relocation of the rack? Can recommend the contractor you use?

21 hours ago, Humhum said:

How much was the removal and relocation of the rack? Can recommend the contractor you use?

100 plus GST. I called the company which supply the rack to HDB. Cos the IDs/contractor who did not want to take it on were worried that the rack mechanism may be damaged in the removal process. But they have not issue me  receipt till now. Everything is through phone in case u r not comfortable with the arrangement. 1585802026759609907732150615321.jpg.a34bb9a7befe6c9c2c7d195afa8eaf2d.jpg

BTW, I realised that a lot pple avoid posting names of ID, company and px directly on renotalk I m also following this norm. Is there a rule agst it or a reason for doing so? 

Edited by Xiaoyang

4 hours ago, Rivervale shore said:

but the rack cannot be pushed out to sun the clothes right?

the rack can only go up and down. not useful for me so I have removed too.

On 4/2/2020 at 12:36 PM, Xiaoyang said:

100 plus GST. I called the company which supply the rack to HDB. Cos the IDs/contractor who did not want to take it on were worried that the rack mechanism may be damaged in the removal process. But they have not issue me  receipt till now. Everything is through phone in case u r not comfortable with the arrangement. 1585802026759609907732150615321.jpg.a34bb9a7befe6c9c2c7d195afa8eaf2d.jpg

May I know which is your estate? 

Another delay to my reno. Started a few days before the Malaysia lock down. The carpenter team from Malaysia could not come in. ID jus found a Singapore team to take over last week, have not even started work. Now, back to square one. ?

The only good thing out of this is I got more time to do the shopping. Bought

1. 7 pcs of light:$212

2. A Boshini sink $250, 575x450, 1.2mm stainless steel

3. A Sim Siang Choon stainless steel tap $72

4. One Champs Sylphy instant heater $102.80

5. A glass shelf $25, a mirror $28.

6. 6 pcs of curtain brackets $4+

7. 2 Ikea curtain rods  $9.90 each

8 EF 60cm hood and hob from Hoe Kee at $540. (EF and Mayer are the only brands that have 2 yrs warranty fr what I can find. EF has a longer history than Mayer.)