Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 4/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, Humhum said:

I'm not redoing my bathroom and kitchen but thought perhaps I should keep some for future use just in case.

My complementary tiles were accidentally disposed of by my contractor. 

Hello @Humhum,

I am not redoing bathroom and kitchen. But my idea is to make use of the complimentary tiles as much as possible. Using them to tile curbs/bases and concrete corner wall shelves. And then keep the remaining for just in case. 

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
On 4/11/2020 at 1:14 PM, Xiaoyang said:

I asked and they did with cement but not the painting. Bcos I d this b4 starting reno, so ID got painter to do it up nicely. 

Is the cement white in Colour? I suppose they have done a good job.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:06 PM, mmoh said:

if you have a facebook group on your bto, no harm to ask there. I gave away unwanted tiles freely to my neighbours.

If not, you can buy from BSC.

Did you redo your kitchen and bathroom? That's why you gave away? 

Not sure how much BSC is selling?

just wondering whether it's better to keep spare tiles cos actually they take up a lot of space 

On 4/14/2020 at 1:34 PM, Cranberries said:

Hello @Humhum,

I am not redoing bathroom and kitchen. But my idea is to make use of the complimentary tiles as much as possible. Using them to tile curbs/bases and concrete corner wall shelves. And then keep the remaining for just in case. 

Nice idea. Are you on the Facebook group for east creek? 

3 hours ago, Humhum said:

Did you redo your kitchen and bathroom? That's why you gave away? 

Not sure how much BSC is selling?

just wondering whether it's better to keep spare tiles cos actually they take up a lot of space 

I did not. I finished reno and still have leftover so gave out.

But good idea to keep spare just in case. 

21 hours ago, mmoh said:

I did not. I finished reno and still have leftover so gave out.

But good idea to keep spare just in case. 

Ok so you keep some spares and have left over to give away. 

Hello!

We are a group of entrepreneurs conducting research on homeowners and their home renovation experience.

Appreciate if any Singapore homeowners in this space can help us by completing this screening survey which will take about 5 minutes to complete: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf-Go3J_JUOYa6YJ7c-aSi8kjlHnHT1TTW1rva4DR3rs0VKNw/viewform?vc=0&c=0&w=1&usp=mail_form_link

If your profile matches the type of research participant we are looking for, we will extend an invitation to you to take part in a research session (and if selected, you will be given a token of appreciation worth $30 to thank you for your time).

Thank you for your support. 

Hi All! Pretty excited to get my apartment next year!

When I was looking at the floor plan again, I'm kinda feeling down about a couple of things.

The sliding door partition is indicated with a bold line. Does that mean I can't hack down the partition? Coz I intend to make the space between the bedroom and living room be seamless.

And the bomb shelter jutting out in the living room is really quite an eyesore. Anyone's layout is similar as such? And how do you mask that or make use of that protruding wall?

InkedScreenHunter 130_LI.jpg

17 hours ago, Magenta said:

The sliding door partition is indicated with a bold line. Does that mean I can't hack down the partition? Coz I intend to make the space between the bedroom and living room be seamless.

And the bomb shelter jutting out in the living room is really quite an eyesore. Anyone's layout is similar as such? And how do you mask that or make use of that protruding wall?

yes, it can be hack away for your seamless with a cost - so no issue

what you see from the above eye level so quite protruding - but in surface level, in fact not an issue at all - from the facing door entrance - u can put a mirror to camflourage into 2 in 1 by hiding and mirror for checking before go out and brighten and enhance a space illusion.

hope that help 

22 hours ago, Magenta said:

When I was looking at the floor plan again, I'm kinda feeling down about a couple of things.

interesting layout.

1) sliding door can be removed and the partition for the sliding door can be removed too but not at pillar nearer to the window side

2) one good thing about the H/h shelter is it block view from main door if you are sitting at the sofa area. You can install mirror, shelving cabinets

Headache part is the living room area in between the living room wall and h/h shelter wall, think that side probably only have about 1.6m width, just putting a dining table is quite wasteful. you might like to do some shelving or cabinet there.

And bathroom a headache if you want to split wet and dry areas.

6 hours ago, topy2020 said:

yes, it can be hack away for your seamless with a cost - so no issue

what you see from the above eye level so quite protruding - but in surface level, in fact not an issue at all - from the facing door entrance - u can put a mirror to camflourage into 2 in 1 by hiding and mirror for checking before go out and brighten and enhance a space illusion.

hope that help 

53 minutes ago, mmoh said:

interesting layout.

1) sliding door can be removed and the partition for the sliding door can be removed too but not at pillar nearer to the window side

2) one good thing about the H/h shelter is it block view from main door if you are sitting at the sofa area. You can install mirror, shelving cabinets

Headache part is the living room area in between the living room wall and h/h shelter wall, think that side probably only have about 1.6m width, just putting a dining table is quite wasteful. you might like to do some shelving or cabinet there.

And bathroom a headache if you want to split wet and dry areas.

Thank you so much for the feedback, peeps! Really appreciate it!

Will keep your tips and advice in mind during my planning.

Definitely will be looking into separating the wet and dry areas in the bathroom, which will be quite a headache because it looks so tiny! But hopefully able to figure something out.

Adding a mirror to that bomb shelter facade is a great idea! And that small space between the living room wall and shelter wall, will need to utilise that in a smart way.

On 5/16/2020 at 3:46 PM, Magenta said:

Hello @Magenta,

Your living room would be enviously spacious (for a 2 room) if the bomb shelter do not get in the way in such a manner. 

Maybe you can consider space-saving  transformable furniture at the area between bomb shelter wall and living room wall.

Such as hidden/pull out table, bench or bed within built in wall shelves/cabinets. 

Edited by Cranberries

7 hours ago, Cranberries said:

Hello @Magenta,

Your living room would be enviously spacious (for a 2 room) if the bomb shelter do not get in the way in such a manner. 

Maybe you can consider space-saving  transformable furniture at the area between bomb shelter wall and living room wall.

Such as hidden/pull out table or bed within built in wall shelves/cabinets. 

cabinet or shelves with pull out dining table a great idea

22 hours ago, mmoh said:

cabinet or shelves with pull out dining table a great idea

? I will be having a hidden/pull out dining table in my living room. Another such table in my kitchen for extra worktop when needed. 

1 hour ago, Cranberries said:

? I will be having a hidden/pull out dining table in my living room. Another such table in my kitchen for extra worktop when needed. 

nice! wait for your pic! 

Make sure that it is long lasting.