Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 5/21/2020 at 8:14 PM, mmoh said:

nice! wait for your pic! 

Make sure that it is long lasting.

Hello @mmoh!

How I wish i could post pics but Hiakz.... Don't know when my renovation can resume??

The sliding system is specially for such transformable dining table, so it has proper weight load and overall design to serve its purpose, but kind of pricey, I do hope it is a worthwhile expense. 

Edited by Cranberries

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1004708036_2room-BTOopenconceptkitchen.jpg.84aa57858f0b74d1660bf8867aeb813f.jpg

Just spotted this new layout among the new Aug 2020 BTOs at Woodlands. Very outstanding because of

1) Open concept kitchen - similar to that of one-bedroom condo units! (That does mean cooking smells will need to be filtered out using cooker hood and an air purifier for the living room)

2) A separate laundry area away from the kitchen means no cooking smells sticking to laundry. Alas it is near the entrance, but can probably be concealed with curtains or a sliding screen

3) The "second room" appeared in a recent previous launch. But just occurred to me that it could also be turned into a walk-in closet!

Hi, 

I'm new here (my first posting) and have been reading these pages, on and off, for a few months.  :)

Read some good advice from these postings, helping me to have a better understanding how, in general,renovation works.

Knowing I will be collecting my keys probably around April/ May, I've engaged an Interior Designer company back in January and has done up all the 3D drawings and color/theme selection by March.

So happy when the email came and was supposed to collect my BTO 2-room (Northshore Residences) keys at the end of April. But due to Circuit Breaker, everything was on hold till June. :(

Only managed to get my keys on 15th June.

On the 18th June, me and my designer went in to do some praying , defects checking as well as doing the measurement of the rooms. Renovation started pretty soon after that.

Just 3 days ago, I was told by my designer, that my flat Reno can be completed by next week.

Now that my home is almost done, I can start sharing some pics/ ideas/my experience here and hopefully, helping another person, like myself, who know nuts about in and out on renovations.  :D 

Here's my floor plan:

Floor Plan.jpg

Edited by JOYWALKER

• Like 1

I die die wanted to hack the wall between the living room and the bedroom, creating more space. Instead of removing the whole wall, my designer suggested why not keep a corner so I can hang my bags & clothing at that crook. Less visible If someone were to look in from the living room. Love that idea so I agreed on it. Here are my 3D drawings:

9D51BD68-AE17-4055-ADB7-745EEDF14432.jpeg

D7B014A5-AFE1-45C8-B944-6E4054789FF7.jpeg

9ADF8974-1629-48F9-93E5-16D9746C0A4D.jpeg

7D7619F0-508A-4B46-883A-15B1B0CD4E49.jpeg

Edited by JOYWALKER

• Like 2

As I've opted out from the OCS, the floor is bare. If given another chance, I would have opted in cos it will save me some money. ?

Once the wall is hacked, the whole place looks so much better! Then, I had concerned on the aircon issue (confining the cool air just within my bedroom.) My designer suggested to install smart curtain (happening next week) and that suggestion, solved my problem!

I've chosen to overlay bathroom tiles and sealed up the bathroom/kitchen door,creating a shower area . For the wet/dry areas, we had to swap those two places (original shower & basin) to achieve that.

Instead of getting bathroom accessories/racks, I wanted the designer to make some pigeon holes for me, to place my shampoo and shower gel. Not a fan of mirror cabinet, I just went for simple mirror and a tray. Oh, don't like the original toilet bowl so I replaced it with one I chose from Lights & Bathroom Solutions too.

I've selected 707 instant heater cos that was the brand that I've been using all my life! ?

Love my bathroom!

4A1F798F-724F-46F8-A37F-037A2F041B6B.jpg

73efd5dc-306b-4cd4-95ce-e2aadbbe1795.JPG

IMG_7775.JPG

IMG_7579.jpg

IMG_7580.jpg

IMG_7581.jpg

• Like 1

Next, Kitchen.

Didn't like the HDB hanging rack so I had it removed. Asked my ID to change to hooks so I could use bamboo rods instead. I was told there's extendable aluminium hanging/drying rods, has anyone tried them before? 

As my theme is Blue, I go for the Royal Blue color for my kitchen cabinet. 

IMG_7576.jpg

IMG_7577.jpg

Edited by JOYWALKER

• Like 1

On 8/15/2020 at 8:17 AM, JOYWALKER said:

7D7619F0-508A-4B46-883A-15B1B0CD4E49.jpeg

in future if you change fridge, you will be limited by the space available, ie. cannot change to a bigger size fridge.

14 hours ago, JOYWALKER said:

Instead of getting bathroom accessories/racks, I wanted the designer to make some pigeon holes for me, to place my shampoo and shower gel. Not a fan of mirror cabinet, I just went for simple mirror and a tray. Oh, don't like the original toilet bowl so I replaced it with one I chose from Lights & Bathroom Solutions too.

I've selected 707 instant heater cos that was the brand that I've been using all my life! ?

Love my bathroom!

LBS! Same same!

Can't wait to see living and bed room! ?

Edited by mmoh

• Like 1

Hi @mmoh!

Oh, I have no plans to get big fridge cos I hardly cook. :)

Now, the entryway.

Same as many new homeowners, I've also installed mirrors on the DB box door and build shelves inside. Supposedly for storing shoes, but for me, I'll probably ended up storing my books here! lol! :P 

IMG_7777.JPG

2909565f-33eb-44fa-b387-b2534869572c.JPG

Ok, today signed the handover papers liao.  :)

Headed out and reached my new place before 10am this morning, due to several incoming deliveries.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my ID. Except for one miscommunication ( had to Grab car from work to my place cos we both assumed the other party is there, for the aircon installation ?), I never had to worry about the progression during the renovation and he always send pics to me when certain job is done. I've read in the forum before, that, talking/selecting an ID is like interviewing. Once the 'chemistry' is right and everything will be smooth like butter.  :D 

Not much furniture yet. Will post fully furnished pics later, hopefully ,in November.

But for now, here are the pics:

IMG_7958.jpg

AA5D57A1-BBF0-4AD5-AB1C-755A2969B4DB.jpg

6399F892-131B-4E74-8FCD-F824111FB730.jpg

0163ffed-8917-4aa0-9114-bd1821c085bd.JPG

IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

ABB3E49E-581A-4524-819E-60A109CF0A87.JPG

Edited by JOYWALKER

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing the beautiful renovation! It's such a brilliant idea to remove the wall between the living room and bedroom area to create a greater sense of space - while retaining the option to separate them again using the versatile vertical blinds when you want a cosy space!

Now you can style it to your heart's content!

1 hour ago, hdb4ever said:

Thanks for sharing the beautiful renovation! It's such a brilliant idea to remove the wall between the living room and bedroom area to create a greater sense of space - while retaining the option to separate them again using the versatile vertical blinds when you want a cosy space!

Now you can style it to your heart's content!

Thanks! :)  

Will do the decorating bit by bit! Really excited, as I have many ideas ! :D

53 minutes ago, Lov8 said:

Wow, hvnt seen blinds used for bedroom partition before, unique. How much is that? And for the whole reno? 

It's actually called " Smart Curtain". :) You can find the video here: 

2 blinds & the partition curtain is slightly more than $1k.

As for the Renovation, it cost me about $30k. ?