Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

20 hours ago, Rivervale shore said:

@JOYWALKER - how did you place your washing machine for the 2BTO is kinda of tricky.

Thanks!  :) Love the way it turns out!

Washing machine will be placed underneath the customized shelving/ table I’ve installed in the kitchen. Have to be front load type. 

Screenshot 2020-08-23 at 1.14.31 PM.jpg

Edited by JOYWALKER

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
22 hours ago, JOYWALKER said:

@Phillip Don’t think it’s 100%. As I haven’t move in so , yet to try how well the curtain can keep it in. At least some barrier , better than no barrier! ?

@JOYWALKER, haha no barrier I need to turn on 2 aircon. I really like how your design turns out, hopefully it will be cold enough, else I might have to get those movable partition. You mind to share how much your reno cost?

1 minute ago, Phillip said:

@JOYWALKER, haha no barrier I need to turn on 2 aircon. I really like how your design turns out, hopefully it will be cold enough, else I might have to get those movable partition. You mind to share how much your reno cost?

Yep, that was my exact thought, if without this barrier! Just to cool my bedroom, turning on 2 aircons every night is abit too much. ?

My reno is about $30k. 

My friend just gotten a 2 room BTO at Punggol Point this year. Paid more than $170k (opted in OCS) for it, 16th floor? The point is , even if I added up my BTO purchase + reno, is still less than what she paid for her BTO flat !!?

I'm quite surprised that they have raised up Punggol 2 room BTO flat prices so high...

Hello, everyone! ?

Recently, I got my floor grout lines shielded. 

Yes, I have chosen floor tiles vs the now popular vinyl flooring. 

I prefer tiles but the main headache is that the grout lines will turn dirty in time and that is very unsightly. 

The first pic is the condition of my parents' floor tiles. 

Second pic is my newly grout shielded floor. 

20200825_092109.jpg.c43b890032c3bd492828cd2b3df38547.jpg20200825_092021.png.6624868fce705479478782166ed822b2.png

Many years back, I bought detergent for cleaning grout and spent a whole afternoon cleaning my parents' living room. Cannot finish the room and it was real HARD work. Almost broke my back??. Result was splendid but it got dirty within a year and so effort wasted! 

I am not going to personally grout clean again, not for my own unit either. 

Frankly speaking, I got no friends or relatives who has done grout shielding. 

Don't know how effective. But something very certain if I do not shield the grout lines it will definitely turn like the first pic very soon. So I decided to go ahead with the shielding. 

Suppose to last 5 to 10 years or beyond if you take care not to clean and scrub your floor with harsh and acidic detergent. 

• Like 1

On 8/20/2020 at 4:07 PM, apperceive said:

Hi Joywalker, 

Do you have the dimensions of the DB box shelfing (Length x Depth)? Checking if it is sufficient for storing men's shoes.

Mine measures abt 26cm by 74cm. But there r 4 protruding corners. So shorter in length for shelving area. 

2 hours ago, Xiaoyang said:

Mine measures abt 26cm by 74cm. But there r 4 protruding corners. So shorter in length for shelving area. 

Thanks for the info.

Love the natural lighting in your kitchen! By having only one floating shelf on the kitchen sink wall, the space feels more open. I also commend you on the decision not to hide the piping with carpentry! The pipe seems to blend in rather well against the tiles.

Maybe install a rod behind the sink to hang your table cloth? With hooks, u can also hang your scissors, can-opener, etc. ?

2 hours ago, apperceive said:

Thanks for the info.

Love the natural lighting in your kitchen! By having only one floating shelf on the kitchen sink wall, the space feels more open. I also commend you on the decision not to hide the piping with carpentry! The pipe seems to blend in rather well against the tiles.

Maybe install a rod behind the sink to hang your table cloth? With hooks, u can also hang your scissors, can-opener, etc. ?

Thanks for the suggestion abt the hook. I bought the hooks but cannot decide where to put them. So will wait a bit till I m more used the plc first to find the right spot. 

3 hours ago, Xiaoyang said:

Thanks for the suggestion abt the hook. I bought the hooks but cannot decide where to put them. So will wait a bit till I m more used the plc first to find the right spot. 

Hi I have a few suggestions for your kitchen too. You may find the lighting at your sink area to be dim at night making it more challenging to wash your dishes; if this is the case, you could purchase online a stick-on led strip that is powered by batteries (or built in rechargeable battery) and turn it on when there is a need. Also, if you find fumes and oil splashes coating the nearby switches/sockets when you cook, you may want to purchase a stick-on cover for the switch/socket.

22 hours ago, Xiaoyang said:

Thanks, thanks. I am thinking of the lighting issue as well. Cannot decide whether to buy the battery type or the wired one. The former will look nicer and neater but the latter will be more convenient, just switch on, no need to charge or change batt. I also worry the light will be too close/strong for comfort. So still trying to figure what to buy and where to place it. 

On 8/18/2020 at 7:10 PM, JOYWALKER said:

Ok, today signed the handover papers liao.  :)

Headed out and reached my new place before 10am this morning, due to several incoming deliveries.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with my ID. Except for one miscommunication ( had to Grab car from work to my place cos we both assumed the other party is there, for the aircon installation ?), I never had to worry about the progression during the renovation and he always send pics to me when certain job is done. I've read in the forum before, that, talking/selecting an ID is like interviewing. Once the 'chemistry' is right and everything will be smooth like butter.  :D 

Not much furniture yet. Will post fully furnished pics later, hopefully ,in November.

But for now, here are the pics:

IMG_7958.jpg

AA5D57A1-BBF0-4AD5-AB1C-755A2969B4DB.jpg

6399F892-131B-4E74-8FCD-F824111FB730.jpg

0163ffed-8917-4aa0-9114-bd1821c085bd.JPG

IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

IMG_7949.jpg

ABB3E49E-581A-4524-819E-60A109CF0A87.JPG

OMG I love the smart curtain and your flooring so much!

Btw, is that marble flooring? And may I know the cost for the flooring as well!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Kenny Choo said:

OMG I love the smart curtain and your flooring so much!

Btw, is that marble flooring? And may I know the cost for the flooring as well!

Thanks!

Thanks! :) The floor tiles is actually homogeneous tiles, not marble. 

The bedroom/living room flooring is around $3,400.

I specifically requested this big big tile (600mmX600mm) and this design.

There are a few choices but I selected this one cos it's neither too plain nor has too much "veins".

tiles.JPG

Edited by JOYWALKER

13 hours ago, JOYWALKER said:

Thanks! :) The floor tiles is actually homogeneous tiles, not marble. 

The bedroom/living room flooring is around $3,400.

I specifically requested this big big tile (600mmX600mm) and this design.

There are a few choices but I selected this one cos it's neither too plain nor has too much "veins".

tiles.JPG

Thank you for the information!

I was thinking of marble flooring for my future 2room bto, but yet I'm worry about the title popping issue which will definitely give me a big headache and therefore i'm looking into evorich vinyl.

7 hours ago, Kenny Choo said:

Thank you for the information!

I was thinking of marble flooring for my future 2room bto, but yet I'm worry about the title popping issue which will definitely give me a big headache and therefore i'm looking into evorich vinyl.

Did you opt in on the OCS? I didn't so, everything for the floor, was from scratch.

I want my floor cold cold. That's why i didn't go for Vinyl Flooring.   

Just checked out the Marble Vinyl. Looks quite good!