Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

I have been waiting for this for such a long time! Wanted to get my own place even before I reached 35. Nearly put the downpayment for a condo in Little India area. last minute backed out, because I thought the place wasn't really designed very well. That 1-bedroom place cost $415k then, now you can't even get a 1-bedroom for less than 600k.

I just want a place I can call my own, and when I close the doors, I can shut the world outside. :(

Wishing that my place build faster leh.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

T-blog are threads people started, sharing their renovation journey. Go and read them, they are very useful, for ideas and also learn from their experiences.

Any more updates?

I am so eager to see other people's reno, cos mine is still so slow!

Can I request for you lucky people who have gotten your flats, to post pics of the toilet (the ones with the 2 doors). I am having problem visualising, and not sure if the HDB showflat one can believe or not.

I have a tiny dream of fitting a bath-tub, the wooden kind in the bathroom, but I have no idea how to position it, with the 2 doors in opposite sides :dunno:

Edited by kyooko

Any more updates?

I am so eager to see other people's reno, cos mine is still so slow!

Can I request for you lucky people who have gotten your flats, to post pics of the toilet (the ones with the 2 doors). I am having problem visualising, and not sure if the HDB showflat one can believe or not.

I have a tiny dream of fitting a bath-tub, the wooden kind in the bathroom, but I have no idea how to position it, with the 2 doors in opposite sides :dunno:

my only impression is also the one at HDB showflat... But I think the size of my unit is different from the one I saw at HDB hub.

Varying did posted 1 picture on post #48.

I wanted a L-shape shower screen and the contractor advise that I have to hack and re-build 1 of the door, if not it is impossible to install the L-shaped screen.

Edited by mmoh

I think that is not really possible. From what I remember of our HDB bedroom dimension, you may put a queen size bed, but you will end up with quite a small space around to walk in. So according to the plans in there, the bed/platform is 1.8m. According to my floor plan, it is about 3.2m x 3.2m, you'll end up with a spacing of 1.4m. I dunno if it'll end up making your room feel rather closed in?

I just realised based on my floor plan, my living room is smaller, but my toilet is bigger? My toilet is 2.25m x 2.20m :huh:

I think that is not really possible. From what I remember of our HDB bedroom dimension, you may put a queen size bed, but you will end up with quite a small space around to walk in. So according to the plans in there, the bed/platform is 1.8m. According to my floor plan, it is about 3.2m x 3.2m, you'll end up with a spacing of 1.4m. I dunno if it'll end up making your room feel rather closed in?

I agree that it may looks crowded but I thought it maximise the small room that we have. But IF I were to do similar design, I will be using a super single bed and without the top false ceiling. my room size is 3575 x 3150

I can only see 1 side of my toilet is 1915. the other side unidentifiable.

Hmmmm.... Mine is 2.25m x 2.2m... does that mean I have space to put a bathtub in?!?! :notti: :notti: :notti:

The sitting soaking kind, I see on Taobao, can be 1.2m x 0.7m. I really want a bathtub :wub:

not keen on bathtub. got my L-shaped screen to separate wet and dry areas i happy liao.

Howdy! Fellow 2-roomer here! :D

There weren't a lot of references for 2-room flats on Renotalk when I started my reno back in March, so I've been kinda stumbling along on my own...

I was too shy to start a t-blog so I started a blog somewhere else instead lol. Just to relieve some of the stress and vent some of the frustrations a first-time home owner has, you know? :P

My floor plan is on this post:

http://keepcalmandmeow.blogspot.sg/2015/03/blog-post.html

My reno is still ongoing lol. Almost 3 months now... (You would think I'm doing up a big house or something)

Anyways! Glad I've found some comrades! :)

Howdy! Fellow 2-roomer here! :D

There weren't a lot of references for 2-room flats on Renotalk when I started my reno back in March, so I've been kinda stumbling along on my own...

I was too shy to start a t-blog so I started a blog somewhere else instead lol. Just to relieve some of the stress and vent some of the frustrations a first-time home owner has, you know? :P

My floor plan is on this post:

http://keepcalmandmeow.blogspot.sg/2015/03/blog-post.html

My reno is still ongoing lol. Almost 3 months now... (You would think I'm doing up a big house or something)

Anyways! Glad I've found some comrades! :)

Dear MsBunny! Welcome welcome! Finally new addition to the family of the 2-roomers! :dancingqueen:

Just read your 1st blog post and wow! nice humour u got there! Thought u shd name MsMeow instead of MsBunny? LOL!

your floor plan... hmmm.. interesting... but... looks difficult!? no household shelter? what is the foyer for? headache...

Let me continue on your blog posts. Hope to share more of your reno journey with our fellow 2-roomers here ya. :good:

Hi MsBunny!

Welcome to the 2-roomer family!

Your flat's layout is interesting, like a boomerang. :D

For a moment, I thought yours is private condo, cos I've never seen that layout before. it would probably make renovations complicated?

I hope you foot is much better now, that injury looks a bit scary!