Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
howard

Meridian Curtains Is Bringing Me To Small Claims Even Though It Is Their Fault

Hello guys,

As some of you may have read in thread http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/66868-meridian-curtains-to-avoid/about their bad service especially their (now ex-staff) Jim Chee.

I have to admit that the wife and I fell into Jim's persuasive sales talk and signed up with Meridian in April 2014.

My full story is at: http://fated.net/2015/04/24/review-avoid-meridian-curtains-at-all-cost/but the summary is

- Jim was supposed to fix my blinds which was faulty upon installation

- Jim undertook voluntarily not to collect the balance 50% ($500+) until this is done

- Jim went MIA

- Meridian Curtains suddenly called me up 1 year later to demand full payment

- I felt that I should not have to pay them in full because they did not fix my blinds

- I nonetheless offered to pay if they offer some discount as compensation for living with a faulty blind for almost a year but they refused and summoned me to Small Claims.

Please avoid Meridian Curtains at all cost.

There are a few Ah Bengs in the company. My friend was insulted by one of them for posting a negative review on Facebook.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 4/25/2015 at 1:45 AM, howard said:

Hello guys,

As some of you may have read in thread http://www.renotalk.com/forum/topic/66868-meridian-curtains-to-avoid/about their bad service especially their (now ex-staff) Jim Chee.

I have to admit that the wife and I fell into Jim's persuasive sales talk and signed up with Meridian in April 2014.

My full story is at: http://fated.net/2015/04/24/review-avoid-meridian-curtains-at-all-cost/but the summary is

- Jim was supposed to fix my blinds which was faulty upon installation

- Jim undertook voluntarily not to collect the balance 50% ($500+) until this is done

- Jim went MIA

- Meridian Curtains suddenly called me up 1 year later to demand full payment

- I felt that I should not have to pay them in full because they did not fix my blinds

- I nonetheless offered to pay if they offer some discount as compensation for living with a faulty blind for almost a year but they refused and summoned me to Small Claims.

Please avoid Meridian Curtains at all cost.

There are a few Ah Bengs in the company. My friend was insulted by one of them for posting a negative review on Facebook.

i took up meridian curtains too for my place but its not as what you have described bro. and it seems that you have joined this renotalk just to post this. hmmmmm sounds like a competitor

Oh, feel for you, howard. The company is always mentioned in the forum. 

You can seek legal advice at the Free Legal Aid for your case.

Also if you think u have a case, go to CASE and Small Claims Tribunal. They should compensate you for the inconvenience for living with half job finished works.

The lawyers in the Legal Aid are the best person to calculate the compensation cost. Bring it up and escalate it if you thinku got a case. U never know.

Also tell your friend to lodge police report and bring the matter to the State Court. I despised those Bengs who likes insulting others.

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 6:16 PM, SethJr said:

i took up meridian curtains too for my place but its not as what you have described bro. and it seems that you have joined this renotalk just to post this. hmmmmm sounds like a competitor

wondering you said sounds like competitor, in want grounds? If competitor, how dare Howard mentioned Meridian Curtains summoned small claims to them????? sound funny and contradicting; as it must be true. How can stated gov court in vain? Cannot just because meridian curtains did your 1 place without any problem that does not mean they can meet other customers' requirements effectively. Individual case is different, it depend how well a company staff can face and handle professionally when different customers needs pop out. If a company had to go to CASE, it does not reflect too well this company has the ability to handle tactfully within their strength.

Edited by Hallelujah

I went to them to make my curtains 4 years back as they are located just opposite my place.

I've forgotten the name of the person that attended to my probs but he has an attitude problem and was very rude. I'll not go back to them again the next time I need new curtains.