Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HRC

My Reno - 5 Room Resale

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

My "ID" request me to remove all the window grille before hacking as it might damage the grille and he need to do the plastering.

My question was am i suppose to remove this myself ?

Pardon with me as you will have to listen to this kind of post all over this t-blog.

I bought Bosch cordless screw driver kit and dismantle all the grille in few hours. It was **** dusty .

2Bk2s41.jpg

Edited by HRC

Question:

My initial intention was to maintain all wiring and put back after hacking , and those walls removed i could extend the wire and relay back.I told this to my ID . instead of helping me save cost he throw me $4.5k electrical cost which i rejected. The person who came down to survey was some malaysian guy talking hokkien dialect. i am not sure if he is a qualified person to do all this work.

I believe for electrical job we need a proper LEW/EMA certified person to do the job professionally.

i read somewhere if you renovate your whole house, HDB have a record and in case of fire there will be question on the electrical work and its submission for SP.

Ive since found a LEW electrician with a good quote and manage to negotiate to ask for some upgrades.

This LEW electrician name i've seen in google when i did my background research about his work.

For this i would not mind recommending but please wait 1-2 weeks as i need to see his job.

About hacking:

There was some unhappiness about hacking ,i voice to my ID he gave me various reply. I wrote to HDB and call the Technical officer .

The issue :

This part of flooring was not allowed to hack according to my "ID"

bvZjTxh.jpg

Outcome: HDB allow to hack any flooring under their basic permit.

I got this reply to ID and he change the story that i agree no need to hack rather then he said cant hack.

So guys careful if your iD try to save cost on this.

My view is this. As a ID your job is to maximize the toilet size anyway you could.
My toilet already very small yet he refuse to hack this,
Now after hacking all these flooring [total 3] the toilet look clean and big now.

Edited by HRC

While the workers hacking the wall and flooring i discovered that the original tiles was overlay-ed by previous owner and to make the wall look flat.

I requested the hackers to hack to the concrete part , which they did with no question,

I bought halal food to the malay workers daily basis and 100 Plus during their working hours.

after hacking,extra space gained.

0Jc0nP6.jpg

Water leakage

During hacking my both toilet lourve window was damaged by the hackers, what is my rights here? do i request for replacements?

I got quote for both lourve window for $580 my "ID" quote me $950.

GnEmadz.jpg

I feedback to him on the same day i saw water sipping through he told me its normal and tiler will re correct it and chances of water leaking to below level is very very slim.

I notice kitchen wall tiles is not hacked to the bottom.

ID told me its common practice and they will re-cement another layer over.

i invite him over to the site and see himself the softness of those walls.

the wall was more of a sand them cement, i could just crush those walls with my bare hands.

He agreed to my view and give me assurance that the walls will be hacked before plastering but it didn't happen when i was there witnessing the cementing guy cement over.

My id exact reply : The workers said the wall is ok to cement over will not cause any issue. :curse:

You may ask whats is this "ID" weakness :

From my view:

1. overpromise

2. assume no one know the market and the price

3. lots of hidden message , like exposed parts only. etc

4. no control over his outsourced hackers - he never come down to site on daily basis to monitor progress etc

many occasion my window was left open.
This got us very angry, so we confronted him and found he still has no control over his outsourced workers.

flooring has been hacked to concrete level, what are the chances of water sipping through the walls below ?

Bathtub with jacuzzi delivered

cIlk8ip.jpg

ID told me to order length max 1700 which i followed.
When the cementing work on going he told me the bathtub width to be below 650mm as there is sewerage piping below.

Mind you this come from him after we ordered bathtub and deliver in 2 days .

again i asked him why the width was not mention when we ordered,

He quickly try to save his *** by replying " i never said the width what "

You and me know whats the cause here, He was not on site to see the actual bathtub allowance and advice accordingly.

he replied again bathub can change the size no issue. Delivery who pay for this ?

Moreover when i mention mine is custom designed with whirpool jet fit in he asked me this funny question

" Why you order bathub with all these function " i'm just like you dumfounded.

Prolly its wise to edit the title of this t-blog with DILLEMMA

• Like 1