Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
HRC

My Reno - 5 Room Resale

Tiling works :

Does your quote limit you to certain fix size of tiles ? If you loo at mine above there is size stated there . So any other size then this will incur additional cost .like $200 per area .justifiable?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

On one occasion there was question of item

B10 Demolish cornices for whole house $ 450.00

I question and told my "ID" the cost is ridiculous. He explained to me that it involve make the ceiling look nicer after taking of ceiling. So I agreed.

Now new update from him was that he will use false ceiling n cover whole wall so no need to make the area good since it's hidden.

Best statement was " no one do like this " look nicer outside can oredi inside no need " this is coming from an award winning id can you believe it ?? .

So I went to next block where there is Reno on progress n took some pics after making new friend there .I forward this to my id he never reply .

This cause us to Fire him. So he will only do wet works n stop the rest .

Hi HRC.

I hope that you find a better "iD" soon.

This guy sounds dodgy and slippery.

I am looking to reno my place as well and our layouts are identical! Except for the door at the balcony side.

Question to ask.

The cement base at the pipes in the toilets. My id said that they can't hack that as well.

So to clarify what you are stating, hdb actually allows it to be hacked?

Thanks in advance!

Hi HRC.

I hope that you find a better "iD" soon.

This guy sounds dodgy and slippery.

I am looking to reno my place as well and our layouts are identical! Except for the door at the balcony side.

Question to ask.

The cement base at the pipes in the toilets. My id said that they can't hack that as well.

So to clarify what you are stating, hdb actually allows it to be hacked?

Thanks in advance!

Hi , Yes, allowed to hack, i guess they just lazy to hack it and worry pipe might crack etc, need lighter version of the hammer machine to hack that sensitive area.

Your ID is simply going through motion and taking things for granted.

It is fortunate that you had fired him. With an ID, I feel all should be catered for and planned for.

I am not saying ID cannot make mistake, cannot dont know things but I am implying if there are any mistakes, they will help to rectify.

ID should taken numerous factor into consideration before committing. ID can make mistakes but just dont offer some lame excuses.

Owners play a part too. Know what you want and know about the "want" you want.

With this, owner can know what they are getting and also to discuss the feasibility with the ID immediately.

I had a wonderful reno journey I must say, not only simply the ID is good and responsible but also I did my homework and communicate directly and openly.

Your ID is simply going through motion and taking things for granted.

It is fortunate that you had fired him. With an ID, I feel all should be catered for and planned for.

I am not saying ID cannot make mistake, cannot dont know things but I am implying if there are any mistakes, they will help to rectify.

ID should taken numerous factor into consideration before committing. ID can make mistakes but just dont offer some lame excuses.

Owners play a part too. Know what you want and know about the "want" you want.

With this, owner can know what they are getting and also to discuss the feasibility with the ID immediately.

I had a wonderful reno journey I must say, not only simply the ID is good and responsible but also I did my homework and communicate directly and openly.

Thank You,

Things are getting better now. will post more soon :)

Thanks for the encouraging PM .

After talking to some members here, friends and relative we decided to pursue legal for this matter.

The disturbing part is the ID all in sudden asking for full payment for tiling works, His reasoning was he could not wait till all my work completed.This was not agreed before and we strongly beleive he has finance issue with the contractors.

We have since changed the lock (as requested by himself) and even lodge a police report for protection and record.

Many Pm and asked about this "amazing" ID , at this moment i cant reveal much but just stay away from any id that has " Note " in it, a Sole P company with one "Short man " show.

If you are looking for and ID that

1. Doesn't care about customer and force you to accept his idea

2. Never visit site frequently m, just sit in his home/office and deal everything by phone

3. charge you additional without consulting you

4. force you to pay for mistake that done by his sub con

this is the guy.

Ps: there is even a fan group for this " Successful Entrepreneur Award" winner ,

HI guys,

just for your attention.

The particular ID/contractor license is not renewed. so beware .

My reno went well with gods grace, thanks.