Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claricegzh

Our Cosy And Modern First Flat @ Dawson !

Hi everyone, we have been following renotalk for a couple of months now, and would like to first of all thank everyone for being so gracious as to share their stories so we first-timers know what to expect. :good: Which is why my hubby and I thought why not share our journey with others too! After reading about the ups and downs many couples face, we are honestly very worried about how this will turn out. We don't have exactly a huge budget also....

So we finally got our keys to our new place at Dawson! Love love love the estate and how the flat actually looks so much like an EC :P

gallery_68568_741_83263.jpg

Anyway, back to topic of choosing our id. Think we've read a little bit too much over the past few months until the point where we got confused... so in the end, we decided to go with the safest choice which is with the id who did my bestfriend's house. Their house is so incredibly well-done and we're really hoping ours will turn out just as well! *cross fingers* Plus, it was pretty reasonable considering everything was handled for by our id!

During our first consultation with the id, we were asked what kind of look and feel do we like. After doing some research on pinterest/ the internet, we showed our id what we are looking for and specifically told him we want something "artistic yet cosy" you know how some places are really chic looking and stuff but not comfortable? We thought that's not how a house is supposed to be, if it's not cosy, the house is not really a home right? Haha. Here are some of the pics we drew inspiration from!

gallery_68568_741_62689.jpg
gallery_68568_741_81971.jpg
gallery_68568_741_1875.jpeg

Of course we're not expecting it to come out exactly like that la. Got to work within the budget... :unsure: People please feel free to share with us some tips ok, we are beginning reno phase v v v soon, so any tips are well appreciated! 10Q!

Edited by claricegzh

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation
Just in case you guys are wondering, here are some pictures of the interior of our house (sorry some pics v dark)...

IMG 2028

IMG 2031

IMG 2033

IMG 2049

IMG 2043

IMG 2035

Check out the view from our living room! :lol:

IMG 2036

IMG 2038

Here are the before and after floor plan as well...
Before:
gallery_68568_741_38008.png
After:

gallery_68568_741_132386.jpg

Since there are 3 bedrooms and only my hubby and I and our little one staying here, our id suggested turning Bedroom 2 into a walk-in wardrobe with dresser! I was so excited when he proposed that idea to us because I think it's every woman's dream to have a walk-in wardrobe or at least, it has always been my dream!! heehee :sport-smiley-004: As you can see from the after floor plan, our id will be creating a door between our Master Bedroom and Bedroom 2 and sealing the original door of the Bedroom 2.

We will finally be starting reno tmr! Will keep you all updated okie! Wish us luck :)

Edited by claricegzh

Nice view! Hope it stay that way for a long time. Cant make out yr dinning area as yr layout design is quite blur when view from hp.

Nice view! Hope it stay that way for a long time. Cant make out yr dinning area as yr layout design is quite blur when view from hp.

My apologies El LoCo, didn't know they appear so small on mobile. Uploaded the floorplans again! Hope they are clearer :)

Since there are 3 bedrooms and only my hubby and I and our little one staying here, our id suggested turning Bedroom 2 into a walk-in wardrobe with dresser! I was so excited when he proposed that idea to us because I think it's every woman's dream to have a walk-in wardrobe or at least, it has always been my dream!! heehee :sport-smiley-004: As you can see from the after floor plan, our id will be creating a door between our Master Bedroom and Bedroom 2 and sealing the original door of the Bedroom 2.

We will finally be starting reno tmr! Will keep you all updated okie! Wish us luck :)

I am coming from a already had a WIW perspective. I find it more cons than pros.

Given your layout and the sliding door, there is no point to seal BR2 door and hack another door.

This cost quite a fair bit and will pose a challenge if you are selling the house in the future.

If you maintain 3 rooms with BR2 converting into a wardrobe room, at least you have the flexibility of more living space.

In time when in laws, friends, relatives etc staying over, you can have the space to accommodate as well. Or maybe even for a mahjong space.

Further to this, the walk way to the bedrooms will always be dark as you seal out the door in BR2.

Lastly, I cant imagine the hassle to walk all the way to the WIW just to get something, especially when in a rush or forgot something.

Just my thoughts to share. Happy reno. :good:

Hmm...isit a sliding door for the bathroom? Curious...usually space is a problem for sliding door from the inside.