Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claricegzh

Our Cosy And Modern First Flat @ Dawson !

I am coming from a already had a WIW perspective. I find it more cons than pros.

Given your layout and the sliding door, there is no point to seal BR2 door and hack another door.

This cost quite a fair bit and will pose a challenge if you are selling the house in the future.

If you maintain 3 rooms with BR2 converting into a wardrobe room, at least you have the flexibility of more living space.

In time when in laws, friends, relatives etc staying over, you can have the space to accommodate as well. Or maybe even for a mahjong space.

Further to this, the walk way to the bedrooms will always be dark as you seal out the door in BR2.

Lastly, I cant imagine the hassle to walk all the way to the WIW just to get something, especially when in a rush or forgot something.

Just my thoughts to share. Happy reno. :good:

Hi OceanEleven, actually what you've mentioned, my hubby and I thought about it also. Id did give us the option of leaving the room as it is but we really wanted our WIW to connect to our room because more accessible when getting ready and it will make the master bedroom seem more 'spacious'? But if we leave the other door as it is, we will have lesser space in the WIW which defeats the purpose also. Thank u for sharing ur opinion with us though, will see how this goes :)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Sorry, may I know what is the reason for placing your fridge next to the DB Box? How do you access it when needed?

Hi Donno, oops just realised I uploaded the wrong floorplan! Uploaded the correct one alrdy. It should be the other way round, with the cabinet inside and fridge outside...

Hmm...isit a sliding door for the bathroom? Curious...usually space is a problem for sliding door from the inside.

It came with a sliding door but our id is changing it for us :)

Hello all, hope everyone has had a great weekend! Here's a sneak of our future home! These are the mockups our id presented to us. Looks v real right!! The overall design looks really close to what we wanted and it didn't create a huge hole in our pocket - major plus! And because our house isn't v big, our id did a lot of things to help us save space which we are v thankful for! Like our dining table is actually a pull-out and hubby likes how the fridge is in the living room. He say easy to take snacks LOL :P

Living Room:

gallery_68568_741_275781.jpg
gallery_68568_741_161483.jpg
Kitchen:

gallery_68568_741_8536.jpg

Master Bedroom:

gallery_68568_741_506222.jpg

WIW:

gallery_68568_741_162552.jpg

Kids Room:

gallery_68568_741_168989.jpg

So that day the contractors started laying the floor, before starting any reno, to protect the parquet we are keeping.

IMG 2055

And last thursday, we finally started work! :thumbs up: The contractors started on our electrical works and hacking of the door (between Bedroom 2 and the Master bedroom) for our WIW.

Electrical works in living room:

IMG 2057

IMG 2058

Hacking of wiw door:

IMG 2107

Removal of original door frame:

IMG 2108

IMG 2109

Unfortunately, hubby and I could only stay for awhile because we had to pick our little boy up. Will post more pics for you guys to see the next time we go back okie! Thanks for viewing!

Edited by claricegzh

Went back to check on the progress just yesterday. Electrical works mostly done and the hole for the wiw has been made already!

New wiw door frame:

gallery_68568_741_67538.jpg
Electrical works:
gallery_68568_741_87990.jpg

gallery_68568_741_84829.jpg

So many loose wires dangling around, don't know how the contractors do it because I get so confused just by looking at them haha! but it won't be long till they're fully covered! The contractors are in the midst of doing the false ceilings to conceal some of them already. Goodbye wires :dancingqueen:

gallery_68568_741_96576.jpg

Everything is going smoothly for now and we're hoping things stay this way! Hope everyone's renos are going well too!

P.s. So sorry everyone for the blur pics in the past few posts, just realized I have been posting the pics wrongly, silly me! Finally figured out how to post the pics properly heehee :thumbs up: Hope this is clearer for everybody. Good nite!

Edited by claricegzh

Lovely vie. Tried to apply for Dawson, got a super big number.

we love the view too! just hoping that the empty field will stay empty for a long while... haha

The layout proposed by the ID is quite odd to me

There is no dining table or just a general surface where someone can sit at e.g. to eat. to do work on laptop/desktop etc

There is an additional door between the kitchen and the yard which does not seem to serve any purpose. It eats into the kitchen space which is already limited

The fridge is outside the kitchen which makes it inconvenient to take stuff out when preparing food and cooking

There is no dining table or just a general surface where someone can sit at e.g. to eat. to do work on laptop/desktop etc

There is an additional door between the kitchen and the yard which does not seem to serve any purpose. It eats into the kitchen space which is already limited

The fridge is outside the kitchen which makes it inconvenient to take stuff out when preparing food and cooking

I totally agree that the design is odd.

You will need a table for simple dining. Your little kid will soon need a table to do his homework. The additional door should not be there unless there is a purpose.

Siting the fridge outside the kitchen is workable. At my previous place (a condo with layout similar to yours), as a result of reducing the kitchen and expanding the dining area, I sited the fridge outside the kitchen but next to the dining table. It worked well for me.

I totally agree that the design is odd.

You will need a table for simple dining. Your little kid will soon need a table to do his homework. The additional door should not be there unless there is a purpose.

Siting the fridge outside the kitchen is workable. At my previous place (a condo with layout similar to yours), as a result of reducing the kitchen and expanding the dining area, I sited the fridge outside the kitchen but next to the dining table. It worked well for me.

Hi Greglhc & Ks Toh, thanks for your comments!

The pull out dining table is just next to the fridge. We thought it was good actually because our house is already so small, if we put a big table :( so the pullout table serves that function for us and hubby and I decided that it's good enough since we're such a small family..

There's also a study table in the WIW for hubby or I to do our work. It's actually more for hubby and the little one when he needs to do his homework. Good way for us to keep an eye on him next time also, heehee ;) Was not able to upload this other pic of the WIW previously, as one post only allow a few pics but here it is!

gallery_68568_741_217270.jpg

Thanks also for sharing about your situation Ks Toh, was abit worried that hubby and I would regret this decision about the fridge. It's also easier to take drinks and snacks when chilling in the living room right? :D

Hello all! Sorry for the lack of updates. We are currently in the midst of carpentry work thus there are not much updates for now. Just some pics of our false ceiling, which was happening the last time round.

gallery_68568_741_101255.jpg

gallery_68568_741_33859.jpg

Oh, have you guys heard about the sewage explosion in a BTO in Punggol??? This is sooo scary, why must it happen when we are doing our flat :unsure:... Anyway, anyone got any tips or know anything about how to make sure that there won't be any clogging of pipes like what happened in this incident?

Here's the link btw http://www.straitstimes.com/news/singapore/more-singapore-stories/story/couples-sewage-disaster-new-punggol-bto-flat-explodes-on#2 Definitely won't want it to happen to us or our neighbours... lol :wacko:

Hope yr reno going smoothly...anymore update?

Yes everything is good and smooth! Thanks for asking :) Just not much updates because now doing carpentry work..

Call me old school but I feel the shoes lying around would look kinda messy in the long run.

Also shoes in the WIW, it is a long way to keep/carry from the main door. :)

gallery_68568_741_275781.jpg

gallery_68568_741_217270.jpg