Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
claricegzh

Our Cosy And Modern First Flat @ Dawson !

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi, I hope the reno has been smooth for you. To highlight one concern, base on the artist impression, there seem to be a lot of open shelving in your living room and walk-in wardrobe, up keeping might be an issue since it will tend to get dusty. Overall, it's still a very pretty house! :)

Love your house view! So lucky!

And dun complain about your place being small lor, mine is 2-room, 47 sqm... bo bian, single mah. I want WIW also no place to put.

Can't wait to see how your place would turn out :)

Hi claricegzh,

From the photos, you are from skyville? Cos my initial guess was Skyterrace.

I will be your neighbour in another 5 yrs time.

The empty plot right behind skyterrace will be allocated for the SERS* replacement flat for Commowealth residents which will be our first choice selection beside the other choices offered.

(*This will be one of the selected plot, the rest will be at margaret drive old hawker and wet market plot, one will be behind Commonwealth Tower and 2 other at the empty lots next to the existing Dawson flats. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_27062014_ANNEX%20E-E5/$file/Annex+E-E5.pdf)

If you are in skyterrace, there will be another 2 yrs of so for the enjoyment of the view now before the construction work begin (completion will be 2020 for our key collection).

So excited to see a Dawson project in the forum and will love to see the wondeful transformation of your lovely place.

Have a smooth renovation, cheers :)

Edited by Pomme

Hi everyone!

So sorry for the lack of updates . We stopped reno temporarily because my mum insisted on consulting a fengshui master. Then we were told my main door is facing the wrong direction which is considered very bad in the fengshui world ): FSM suggested tilting the door. Don't know about you all but hubby and I have never heard of that and were in panic mood.... We then consulted my id and he knew immediately what we were talking about. Apparently it's quite common! Haha. Many people have asked him to tilt their doors before. Phew! :P He gave us 2 options, to knock down the old frame or stick on the new frame on top of the old frame. We read from other renotalkers that sticking the tilted frame is more pocket friendly and less hassle too so we went ahead with that and sticked on the tilted door frame!

Here's a pic of the new tilted door frame (:

gallery_68568_741_12351.jpg

Also, we're done with the carpentry work yay! :jammin: Will update on the installation next week. Thank you so much for staying with us everyone! :)

I believe tat is Artist's impression? Btw is the ceiling higher for yr premium flat?

Hi El Loco! Sorry for the late reply.

No, I don't think the ceiling we have is any higher. We never really did any comparison :D haha! Nowadays it seems only the older establishments have the high ceilings. :bleah:

Hi, I hope the reno has been smooth for you. To highlight one concern, base on the artist impression, there seem to be a lot of open shelving in your living room and walk-in wardrobe, up keeping might be an issue since it will tend to get dusty. Overall, it's still a very pretty house! :)

Hi myimaginaryhome,

Thank you for your comment! :lol:

Both hubby and I are very used to open shelving. We have the Billy bookcase from Ikea for so many years already haha. Hopefully that gave us abit of training :P hee hee

Love your house view! So lucky!

And dun complain about your place being small lor, mine is 2-room, 47 sqm... bo bian, single mah. I want WIW also no place to put.

Can't wait to see how your place would turn out :)

Hi Kyooko!

You're too kind! :D Thank you!

I also can't wait to see how everything turns out! Hopefully it will all be good :sport-smiley-004:

Hi, mind to elaborate what you mean by "wrong direction" in feng shui? By the way, which direction is your main door facing originally?

Hi claricegzh,

From the photos, you are from skyville? Cos my initial guess was Skyterrace.

I will be your neighbour in another 5 yrs time.

The empty plot right behind skyterrace will be allocated for the SERS* replacement flat for Commowealth residents which will be our first choice selection beside the other choices offered.

(*This will be one of the selected plot, the rest will be at margaret drive old hawker and wet market plot, one will be behind Commonwealth Tower and 2 other at the empty lots next to the existing Dawson flats. http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10297p.nsf/ImageView/CORPORATE_PR_27062014_ANNEX%20E-E5/$file/Annex+E-E5.pdf)

If you are in skyterrace, there will be another 2 yrs of so for the enjoyment of the view now before the construction work begin (completion will be 2020 for our key collection).

So excited to see a Dawson project in the forum and will love to see the wondeful transformation of your lovely place.

Have a smooth renovation, cheers :)

Hi Pomme,

Thank you for the well wishes!

Ya we are in Sky Terrace! :D But like you said, our view from the living room is going 2 be blocked in 2 years time :(.

We kind of expected it since the land area is quite big. But no problem la, hubby and i are very lucky and happy to get Dawson already. Can't be too greedy right? :sport-smiley-004:

Can't wait to see skyville in the near future too! I'm sure it will be awesome!! Hope you will like your new place!

Hi, mind to elaborate what you mean by "wrong direction" in feng shui? By the way, which direction is your main door facing originally?

Hi Donno,

Thanks for the comment!

Haha... I'm not a FSM so I can't really advise you on that :P . The slant is 6cm away from the original door frame in case you're wondering!

I think you might find this threads under this section useful; there are a few threads which are related :thumbs up: Hope it helps! :sport-smiley-018:

Quick update for all, our carpentry work is done! :jammin: They arrived yesterday and the contractors have started installing them. Finally the house doesn't look so empty anymore! :D

gallery_68568_741_335423.jpg

gallery_68568_741_334640.jpg

gallery_68568_741_52276.jpg

gallery_68568_741_223628.jpg

Edited by claricegzh

A little update for all, our carpentry works have been installed. The house finally doesn't look so empty now! And hubby and I looooove it! Esp the tv console, looks exactly like the render! Can we just say we are so thankful for our id throughout this journey for helping us so much since we are obviously very inexperienced (first home afterall). Our id guided us along the way, and not just design our house then that's it. Would highly recommend to young couples out there, don't worry you will be in good hands! Tried and tested by us haha

Living Room

gallery_68568_741_7318.jpg

gallery_68568_741_266771.jpg

gallery_68568_741_171421.jpg

gallery_68568_741_69918.jpg

gallery_68568_741_127267.jpg

Now we're just waiting for our wallpaper and glass backing in our kitchen to be installed. I've also finally started packing my stuff, omg I have so much junk I don't even know where to begin.... Hubby and I have been really busy sourcing for some last minute household stuff as well but thank goodness the end is finally in sight we are so excited! :sport-smiley-004: Can't wait to show you all the finished result, with all the furniture in place and etc.

Hope all of your renos are going well! :thumbs up:

Edited by claricegzh