Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

First look at my bar counter & stools purchased from taobao.(Please ignore the still-wrapped lamp with a faulty bulb & wrong window design yet to be fixed.) Hubby & I fixed it up over the weekend. Took us sometime cos it came without instructions.

Bar counter:

Like: Simple design which is exactly what I wanted & can be customized. I customized the height to be 100cm & the length to be 120cm.

DIslike: I chose white, but it came in a strange tone of white leaning towards light purple. Most likely I will need to spray-paint it to the white color I want. Doesn't feel very sturdy & the shelves looks unbalanced. H'ever, I think for its price, I can't really complain cos it will cost much more here.

Bar stools:

Nothing much to dislike about it. Quite a basic stool & adjustable height.

20150523_9_zpsqqiy9xht.jpg

Not only your bar top looks purple but your window frame and wall on left side looks purple too. I think the light of the wall bounces onto your bar top making it purple.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Not only your bar top looks purple but your window frame and wall on left side looks purple too. I think the light of the wall bounces onto your bar top making it purple.

Hi mrsjimmymare,

This shot was taken with the yellow bulb lighting from the bar counter lamp so it tends to distort colors a little bit.

The wall on the left is actually a very light grey, the window frame a very light blue-white. We were told the factory only has this tone of white when we ordered our window, so that can;t be helped. However, the bar counter is actually even more purplish in daytime than it shows in this pic. We were quite disappointed as it wasn't the white color we wanted at all. Really goes to show that buying from taobao can be hits & misses. I am now in the midst of rectifying this. I have used up 1 can of white spray paint on it & still not enough to turn it white, can still see patches of purple everywhere. So I have painted on it 2 layers of matte white base coat, it is looking much whiter now. I will try spray-painting it again once time permits. Hopefully I can turn it into the white counter that we wanted.

Here's how it looks directly from MBR door:

20150617_5_zpshxdpoawm.jpg

Placed my H&M storage bags for a photoshoot, hehe. Angle view from foot of bed:

20150617_6_zpscas207ep.jpg

Hi ehvy,

Our curtains were done by Curtain K, have PM-ed you.

Hi Chiffon,

Can you PM me your curtains contact? How do you find them so far?

Also, can share the link for your lights right in front of your WIW? I was looking through your blog but I don't think anyone asked.

Thanks!

Regards,

Weiyan

Hi Chiffon,

Can you PM me your curtains contact? How do you find them so far?

Also, can share the link for your lights right in front of your WIW? I was looking through your blog but I don't think anyone asked.

Thanks!

Regards,

Weiyan

Hi Weiyan,

I have PM-ed you my curtains. So far find them ok. They are blackout so effectively keep out light. If we draw curtains across the windows at home even in daytime, we will need to switch on lights else the place will look quite dark. Material is those thick dust-free type which only needs washing once a year, so I think will be quite convenient for us.

For our WIW, we are using trackilights. If you are referring to the square light that is at our MBR doorway entrance, it's called the Ice pendant. Really like the shape & overall look of it, definitely one of our fave lighting purchases :)

Here's the link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.35.9gUOJ5&id=36751823449&_u=11taaa021c15

Now we are slowly moving our stuff over whenever we have time. Was joking to hubby how my kitties were homeless (living in cartons) & now that I am the proud owner of a brand new 25-room apartment (my 5 x 5 Kallax shelf), I can now give them a home >.<

Shelves still looking kinda empty at the moment:

20150701_4_zpsyopfwk6b.jpg

Audrey Hepburn x Kitty & Marilyn Monroe x Kitty collection taking up 1 "room": Rooms are limited so they have to share.

20150701_1_zps2ek4lunq.jpg

Laduree x Kitty collection taking up another "room"

20150701_2_zpscwftw4xi.jpg

Rio Matsumoto & Erio Kurosaki x Kitty in the glass Detolf:

20150701_3_zpsvpe9mfuc.jpg

Really super happy to see them displayed in their new home!!

Hi Weiyan,

I have PM-ed you my curtains. So far find them ok. They are blackout so effectively keep out light. If we draw curtains across the windows at home even in daytime, we will need to switch on lights else the place will look quite dark. Material is those thick dust-free type which only needs washing once a year, so I think will be quite convenient for us.

For our WIW, we are using trackilights. If you are referring to the square light that is at our MBR doorway entrance, it's called the Ice pendant. Really like the shape & overall look of it, definitely one of our fave lighting purchases :)

Here's the link: http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.35.9gUOJ5&id=36751823449&_u=11taaa021c15

Hi Chiffon,

Thanks for your PM! Love the ice pendant light too! :)

Regards,

Weiyan

So MANY kitties~! Your collection is very impressive!

Thank you! I have been collecting for 15 years, finally it's time to dig them out of storage^^

We made a quick trip to Ikea yest, had a nice yummy dinner at their cafe & bought some *really affordable* stuff for our home. Most ex item is only $19.90! Really like how their stuff looks so clean-cut & nice, & of cos at pretty unbeatable prices.

20150702_1_zpskdtx6or7.jpg

We placed the bench at the wall at foot of our bed. To hold stuff like a book, mag, drink, etc.

20150702_2_zps7hkkrl5p.jpg

This wall behind our headboard is also a partition as we flushed the recessed area to be aligned to the other wall, so we can't mount anything on it, hence wall-mounted bedside table options are out. We placed the white cube from Ikea to be used as a table. It fits nicely into the space & only costs $14.90. Can hold gadgets for charging comfortably.

20150702_3_zps7vhp1m0o.jpg

Hubby has shifted over his toys & now the Walking Dead has taken over his console!

20150702_4_zpsiy0xijvn.jpg

He has spent some time fixing up his AT Lego (instead of helping me with the housework, humph) but I must say, it looks pretty impressive after it's finished.

20150702_5_zpsa8hikt85.jpg

Think this area has been designated for Star Wars:

20150702_6_zps5fg3yqjf.jpg

Still slowly shifting stuff over. Ahhh... can't wait to move in soon!

Hi Chiffon, can I have your glass backing contact please? Also, mind to share where did you get your master bedroom door from & cost? Thanks.

:notti: U both so cute arh...seems like a little competition going on among your toy collectibles in your lovenest!

Hubby has shifted over his toys & now the Walking Dead has taken over his console!

20150702_4_zpsiy0xijvn.jpg

He has spent some time fixing up his AT Lego (instead of helping me with the housework, humph) but I must say, it looks pretty impressive after it's finished.

20150702_5_zpsa8hikt85.jpg

Think this area has been designated for Star Wars:

20150702_6_zps5fg3yqjf.jpg

Still slowly shifting stuff over. Ahhh... can't wait to move in soon!

Hi Chiffon, can I have your glass backing contact please? Also, mind to share where did you get your master bedroom door from & cost? Thanks.

Hi Donno,

PM-ed you^^

:notti: U both so cute arh...seems like a little competition going on among your toy collectibles in your lovenest!

Hehe, he has his own toys & I have my own. No fighting among us on who gets what^^

Continuous Home Improvement (CHI) continues..

Pending M1 installation of broadband this coming Fri, as well as out 1/2 shower screen installation. Doing a 1/2 cos our MBR bath is tiny, a full one will make it look (& feel) even tinier. Also, the only window in the MBR bath overlooks the corridor, so at nite, the light shining in makes our MBR bright as our MBR bath's door is frosted glass. Presenting my $11.80 solution to our problem:

20150705_3_zpsbqfuzg91.jpg

Purchased an extension rod from Japan Home at $1.80 (1/2 price promo) + $2 shower curtain clips from Daiso + $8/m cotton twill cloth sourced from Chinatown, now we have a curtain that shields the light.

Daiso is really a treasure trove!! Been visiting Daiso alot these past few weeks. Always in search of more stuff that is useful & will enhance our home.

Showcasing some useful Daiso buys:

Got this white french tin to hold my hot pink roses from Taobao for our WIW:

20150705_4_zpsqwqyxwv2.jpg

Bought 2 photoframes, printed 2 pictures & now we have some wall deco that we can switch out the pics anytime we get bored. You can print slogans, inspiration, comic strips, anything really, that you fancy. It will instantly change any space.

20150705_1_zpsrnuddtqy.jpg

Hubby cooked our first home-cooked meal using our oven.Jamie Oliver's roast chicken, It was pretty easy & turned out really delicious we finished every bit:

20150705_2_zpsaphllhqp.jpg

Yest passed by Muji & finally bought these clear glass bowls. Really like the simple cleancut look of them:

20150705_5_zpsgbzccsou.jpg

Hi chiffon,

Saw u use alot of track light,

Can feedback arenthey bright enough?

Like for the walkway i think kitchen also.

Thanks.

Kelvin