Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Hi chiffon,

Saw u use alot of track light,

Can feedback arenthey bright enough?

Like for the walkway i think kitchen also.

Thanks.

Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

This is my lighting plan:

20150707_5_zpsxvvzdnzo.jpg

We like the look of tracklights, but we are not using them as the "main" lighting source, mostly for areas where we will need some light. In the plan, you can see, only 4 areas are using tracklights. They are all 1 metre long tracks with 3 tracklights each, 7w & white light. We find them sufficient & bright enough. Some pics I took yest (using camera & no filter /edit):

Main entrance:

20150707_1_zpsoi8m7xy2.jpg

Walkway, view from front:

20150707_2_zpsciernfvu.jpg

Walkway, view from MBR:

20150707_2a_zpsabamrgxh.jpg

Hubby's desk area:

20150707_3_zpsugudlvo3.jpg

WIW area:

20150707_4_zpsk1xkxear.jpg

Edited by chiffon

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Our home is self-designed, & will be a continuous work-in-progress as we strive to maintain & enhance it. The renovation process has been a wonderful journey. We did without alot of the elements that are popular today but just simply went for what we like. Most importantly, we are comfortable in our home & like what we have created.. Hope you are inspired to create your own too!

Inspiration for bar counter area:

20150708_1a_zpsijeofk8v.jpg

Actual:

20150708_1_zpsbwcbrtjh.jpg

Window: customized

Lamp: Taobao

Bar counter: Taobao

Bar stools: Taobao

Glass bottles - H&M US

Antique basket: Daiso

Edited by chiffon

Sharing our kitchen~

This was our inspiration pic. We really like this look & the pairing of black & white together.

20150708_6_zpsz0xs9u4n.jpg

Actual: view from doorway

20150708_7_zpsov2i7zd2.jpg

The side with the sink, hob & fridge:

20150708_8_zpsnezyhahd.jpg

The other side with microwave, oven & food preparation counter:

20150708_9_zpshg75ivit.jpg

View from service yard: left

20150708_10_zpsfbofbbbr.jpg

Centre:

20150708_11_zpscgklbqbc.jpg

Right:

20150708_12_zpsxavuem8f.jpg

Counter: iQuartz in Sugar Zucchero

Hob, hood & oven: Fujioh

Fridge: Hitachi

Microwave: Samsung

Double-bowl sink: Carysil

Lamp: Taobao

Hi Kelvin,

This is my lighting plan:

20150707_5_zpsxvvzdnzo.jpg

We like the look of tracklights, but we are not using them as the "main" lighting source, mostly for areas where we will need some light. In the plan, you can see, only 4 areas are using tracklights. They are all 1 metre long tracks with 3 tracklights each, 7w & white light. We find them sufficient & bright enough. Some pics I took yest (using camera & no filter /edit):

Main entrance:

20150707_1_zpsoi8m7xy2.jpg

Walkway, view from front:

20150707_2_zpsciernfvu.jpg

Walkway, view from MBR:

20150707_2a_zpsabamrgxh.jpg

Hubby's desk area:

20150707_3_zpsugudlvo3.jpg

WIW area:

20150707_4_zpsk1xkxear.jpg

Thanks chiffon, the pic look bright enough. My main problem will be the living room and mbr doing ceiling fan (bt no light) so think have to go for tracking light.

Thanks again.

Thanks chiffon, the pic look bright enough. My main problem will be the living room and mbr doing ceiling fan (bt no light) so think have to go for tracking light.

Thanks again.

Hi Kelvin,

You're welcome. My hubby's room installed ceiling fan with light. The light is very bright. By itself is enough for the whole room, so you might like to consider that as an option.

Hi chiffon it me again. :)

Can i know where u buy the fanco fan and which model is that? And i know the counter bar is from taobao, u have any link pls. Thanks.

Hi chiffon it me again. :)

Can i know where u buy the fanco fan and which model is that? And i know the counter bar is from taobao, u have any link pls. Thanks.

Hi Kelvin,

We bought the i-con 48 model from Universal Union, black without light & silver with light. It comes with 4 blades but you can choose to install 3 or 4. Previously we installed 4 but we had since changed to 3 as we feel 3 blades look nicer.

Here's the link for the bar counter:

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.158.nJu4v6&id=40981312267&_u=d1taaa029a83

Thanks for sharing! Enjoyed seeing your posts. Love your doors especially. :)

Thank you! We love them too. Looking forward to seeing your home's progress. It is a most exciting time!!

We have broadband now! Hurray for wifi!! Hubby transported over his pc & was busy over the weekend setting it up. Here's how it looks like now. All matching black accessories.

20150713_7_zpsbfz0a72z.jpg

I'm still waiting for mine... I wanted everything pink but had a hard time at Sim Lim searching high & low for a pink casing. No one sells pink casing anymore nowadays?? Also in a dilemma currently. Should I go for a 27-inch pc monitor or should I buy a 32" full HD TV & use it as a monitor? Any advice /recommendation? I'm mainly using it for reading manga, watching anime & dramas^^

Before he installed his TV, his console is already taken up by more toys, but he still generally has more space than me. Fast running out of space in my own war-zone, haha

20150713_5_zpswrju2gnc.jpg

OK, think this is the more-or-less completed version of this area:

20150713_6_zps7tetrfoq.jpg

1/2 shower screen also installed. Happy shower time! Now water will no longer splash everywhere^^

20150713_4_zpsxzylsoey.jpg

Do you mind pm me the url taobao for hello kitty and commercial tiles?

Thanks

Hi Bernicelogy,

Sorry, don't quite understand..Which kitty item and commercial tiles are you referring to?