Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
chiffon

Our Home = Comfy + Cute =(^+^)=

Hello chiffon!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new place! I'm also a Hello Kitty fan (not as ardent as u though), and I'm drooling over your whole collection while reading this thread!!!:dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

I so love all your TB buys! I love macarons, my fav colour is pink, and your bar counter is such a great idea! Simply awesome! :wub:

I see you have already shared the links to the organiser box,, cake stand, and mini rose hanger. So can I have the links to the pink Eiffel tower, mini jewelry holder, and cupcake stand? Also, where did you get the Hello Kitty plates from? And do u mind sharing what colour and paint did u use for your toyroom?

Congrats on your awesome new home! :good:

Hi dazzlingeri,

Thank you!

I love the eiffel tower, so I was very happy to find this TB seller who has a lot of colors for it, there's even a rainbow-colored one, but my fave will always be pink^^

http://world.taobao.com/item/35243547814.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700846.0.0.WncOvq&_u=81taaa023127

The link I bought the mini jewellery holder from is no longer valid, I found another seller with the same item:

http://world.taobao.com/item/2270928444.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.S7pFPn#detail

The mini cupcake stand is very cute & very inexpensive:

http://world.taobao.com/item/36390025363.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700846.0.0.hP1Gob&_u=81taaa0268c6

I have quite a number of Kitty plates, let me know which one you are referring to & I'll try to get more info for you?

For my toyroom, I was very particular about the color cos I was looking for the "right" shade of pink, it has to have the right amount of purplish tone to it but not too much & not too peachy either. So after narrowing down to the final 2 pink colors, we tested 2 sample patches on the wall to see the effect. Not too sure if you can see from the pic,, the 2 pink colors. Top one looks more subdued. Pic taken in daytime with no lighting.

20151208_1_zpsxzyzlyip.jpg

So in the end I went with the bottom color - a very pale pink called "Lilac Lace" from the Dulux Light & Space series - it is supposed to be using some technology that is light-enhancing & so will brighten up the space. If you are not sure about the color, it is always better to test it before using it for real.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi chiffon!

Thank you for very much for the links!! :)

Oh, I was referring to the plates in Page 3 Post #106 (sorry, I tried unsuccessfully to upload any pics or insert any links... :help:) The Hello Kitty mugs are cute too!

Wow, so much thought went into the colour choices! *peifu* :thumbs up: I already painted my room pink using Dulux as well, the colour code is pink parfait. However, I find it too pink, and I really prefer your shade of pink! Good choice!

What about your MBR? Is it the same pink?

Hi chiffon!

Thank you for very much for the links!! :)

Oh, I was referring to the plates in Page 3 Post #106 (sorry, I tried unsuccessfully to upload any pics or insert any links... :help:) The Hello Kitty mugs are cute too!

Wow, so much thought went into the colour choices! *peifu* :thumbs up: I already painted my room pink using Dulux as well, the colour code is pink parfait. However, I find it too pink, and I really prefer your shade of pink! Good choice!

What about your MBR? Is it the same pink?

Hi dazzlingeri,

The ones with colorful prints were purchased from TB (http://world.taobao.com/item/40714516386.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700846.0.0.Wd2cpZ&_u=h1taaa02b7ce. The rest were purchased from Bangkok. I forgot the name of the mall, but most major departmental stores will carry Sanrio licensed products.

20151217_zps5lfbuu5s.jpg

Don't worry! Pink Parfait was one of the colors I was considering too. It is a very pretty candy pink. I gave it up cos I needed something lighter in tone. For MBR, I wanted a very pale pink with a tinge of beige. Some of the colors I was considering - Shadow Rose, Bashful, Evening Blush, Fragile Pink & Heirloom. This was after narrowing down. All the soft pale pinks in the Dulux series look so pretty it's hard to pick just one. Finally settled on Fragile Pink after dragging hubby down to the paint store & comparing paint color samples. Hard decision to make but happy with my final color choice^^

Hi dazzlingeri,

The ones with colorful prints were purchased from TB (http://world.taobao.com/item/40714516386.htm?fromSite=main&spm=a312a.7700846.0.0.Wd2cpZ&_u=h1taaa02b7ce. The rest were purchased from Bangkok. I forgot the name of the mall, but most major departmental stores will carry Sanrio licensed products.

20151217_zps5lfbuu5s.jpg

Don't worry! Pink Parfait was one of the colors I was considering too. It is a very pretty candy pink. I gave it up cos I needed something lighter in tone. For MBR, I wanted a very pale pink with a tinge of beige. Some of the colors I was considering - Shadow Rose, Bashful, Evening Blush, Fragile Pink & Heirloom. This was after narrowing down. All the soft pale pinks in the Dulux series look so pretty it's hard to pick just one. Finally settled on Fragile Pink after dragging hubby down to the paint store & comparing paint color samples. Hard decision to make but happy with my final color choice^^

Thanks for sharing your colour choices, babe!

And thanks for the link! Will be getting some of those pretty plates for my new place too! :thumbs up:

Thanks for sharing your colour choices, babe!

And thanks for the link! Will be getting some of those pretty plates for my new place too! :thumbs up:

You're welcome!

Been living-in for coming to 6 months & still loving every bit of our new home! Always on the lookout for cute & unique stuff to add on^^

Came across this super cute cloud lamp the other day & just had to get it!

20151221_10_zpstsc2qsfl.jpg

Added another occupant to our sofa:

20151221_4_zpsya7sqbto.jpg

And set up my mini Zen garden:

20151221_9_zpsxts1qws8.jpg

Christmas edition #1:

Having our own home means I get free reign in design when it comes to special holidays, super happy!!

Started off by adding Xmas wreaths to our doors - MBR & my playroom:

20151221_2_zpsa9bwstvk.jpg20151221_1_zpserisdal9.jpg

Added a mini tree to our coffee table along with a pot of Xmas plant:

20151221_8_zpsmg2zxfeg.jpg

Added a card to my chalkboard:

20151221_11_zpsx6hsatdc.jpg

Christmas edition #2:

DIY-ed a Xmas greeting poster for our bar counter. set it up with my fave neon pink tree:

20151221_5_zpsbokgsfa3.jpg

Cut some silver snowflakes for my playroom window for that Xmas-sy touch:

20151221_6_zpsvrorh51o.jpg

Convinced hubby that we needed a tree now that we have our own place & Christmas just isn't complete without one. We had fun doing it up. Turns out hubby was great at draping the lights & garland & ribbon & I hung up the ornaments.

It looks pretty magical lighted up at night!

20151221_3_zpsf5bkvgid.jpg

Here's a shot taken from the sofa facing the main door. Turns out we have 3 Xmas trees now. Loving them!

20151221_7_zpskddh9row.jpg

hello chiffon! Love your X'mas trees! :wub: Do you mind PM-ing me the contact of your contractor as well as the quote for the tiling? TIA and Merry X'mas!

hello chiffon! Love your X'mas trees! :wub: Do you mind PM-ing me the contact of your contractor as well as the quote for the tiling? TIA and Merry X'mas!

Hi teegz,

Thanks. PM-ed you.

In view of CNY, have added a few decorations around the place.

First up: a DIY shoe rack /mini garden for our main door assembled with items from Daiso:

20160206_3_zpse42nbcx2.jpg

CNY Kitty deco for our MBR door:

20160206_1_zpstpau81el.jpg

Matching deco for our playroom doors:

20160206_2_zpsfjn8hmhi.jpg

Purchased a black step ladder from Ikea & it is designated as our orange area with a basket & a poster^^

20160206_6_zpsaa2gys6o.jpg

Found a nice metal bucket tin & with some roses, set up a mini garden in our MBR:

20160206_4_zpscppfusag.png

Changed to new F21 x Kitty Antique Design bedspread & matching cushions:

20160206_5_zpsbrnqnxfj.jpg

And finally put our oven to use by baking some Kitty pineapple tarts:

20160206_8_zpscwuyntv0.jpg

They didn't look as nice after they baked to a brown tone, but still tastes yummy. Shall improve on them again.

20160206_9_zpsw5hxsdu9.jpg

Happy New Year everyone!

On 5/31/2015 at 0:28 PM, chiffon said:

More updates!

Yesterday morning we made a rush trip to Ikea again to purchase our TV console & another sideboard for hubby's gameroom before our bed delivery & Ikea assembly arrived. Also bought some bedsheet & quilt omforter set. Fastest trip ever, we made it out in an hour! Delivery & assembly will be next Sat.

2nd batch Ikea purchases:

20150530_13_zpsjrsbyanz.jpg

A before pic while we were waiting for delivery:

20150530_1_zps8dxstjmi.jpg

First assembly to be completed are the MALM chest-of drawers & PAX mirror cabinet for our MBR WIW. They are to complement our pole system wardrobe (which we are still sourcing for). If you know of any good ones, please let me know. Love the PAX mirror cabinet which hubby & I are sharing to store our bags. We got the highest one we can find & added a mirror as the door, so that we can save space & do not have to buy a separate mirror for the wardrobe area.

20150530_2_zpsoei7ufnq.jpg

hi! how are the malm drawers holding up? thinking of getting these for to hold my children's clothes but still unsure.