Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
venom

Help Need-Drilling Holes On Glass Bottle

Any kind souls can provide contacts for any shop/personnel who can help drill a hole( size:3/8) on to a empty glass bottle?

Have tried calling many shops,visited many neighbourhood shops but sad to say,either nobody seem to be interested in doing this small job or the quotation is way to high just for a small hole.

Do pm me if you have any info.

many tks

Edited by venom

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

yes you need to buy a drill bit meant for tiles and glass. They have an arrow head shape.

while drilling, drip water once in a while onto the drilling spot.

It's pretty easy I must add.

Hmmm...

have decided to get a hand drill to get this DIY job done.

Any advice on...

1)whats e type of drill needed? (No need those powerful drill for wall)need a drill strong enough just for drill glass n drilling wood use.

2)any brand n model to recommend?would prefer a portable hand drill type(without any wire attached)

3)where to buy(dont wish to get " chop carrot" by shop owner.

4)whats e market price range?

many tks to all.

IMHO, hand drills are not very useful.

Buy a simple electric drill and it can come in pretty handy in many situation.

I always prefer a reputable brand. I saw a drill from Bosch going for like $79 or $89 at homefix.

don't be tempted to buy a cheap battery operated drill. They are often under powered and the battery is crap. A good battery operated drill will cost more than a electric drill.

The drill bit is not categorised by power but different usage. Those used for drilling metal, wood, concrete or glass is not the same.

You cannot use a drill bit meant for glass to drill wood or concrete for example.

I don't think you need to be brand conscious when it comes to drill bit, here'a s photo of it. Remember how to shape looks like.

https://www.google.com.sg/search?q=glass+drill+bit&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=r4lUVYuxNsu2uATJnIGoAw&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=955

just like to share my 2cents, you can have a cloth tape/tape over the glass while drilling, gives you more precision and prevent slip offs.

since there will be slip offs, wear gloves. glass can be pretty brittle going against vibrations/pitches, so you can consider filling the bottle up with sand/mud before drilling?

the hole size is quite big so you might want to start a hole with a smaller bit before moving up to 3/8", go slow and steady.

do share with us your photos of accomplishment!

happy diy