Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kdtioh

Our 5Rm Dream Project @ Capeview (Impossible Budget)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Your house looks great! You mentioned overlaying of toilet tiles, possible to post the photos?

ka2xl0.jpg

There you go. I only overlay the shower feature wall and floor area(to a darker color one and less slippery)

Guest yoonmunkit@yahoo.com

ka2xl0.jpg

There you go. I only overlay the shower feature wall and floor area(to a darker color one and less slippery)

Nice feature wall and the lightings in the casement.

Hi kdtioh,

I am new here and looking for a contractor to renovate my place. May I have the contact number for J+E and your chosen contractor please? Thank you!!! I'm also on a tight budget here.

Regards

Christina

Hi @kdtioh, yours is such a beautiful home! I tried sending you a message but it said you cannot receive anymore message. Just wanted to ask you something. Thank you and congratulations on your new space!

Hi @kdtioh, yours is such a beautiful home! I tried sending you a message but it said you cannot receive anymore message. Just wanted to ask you something. Thank you and congratulations on your new space!

Thank you v much! Opps, didnt realise my inbox is full. I just cleared it. feel free to message.

Hi kdtioh,

I am new here and looking for a contractor to renovate my place. May I have the contact number for J+E and your chosen contractor please? Thank you!!! I'm also on a tight budget here.

Regards

Christina

Hi Christina,

Please refer to post 59 above? thanks!

Edited by kdtioh

Dear kdtioh,

Appreciate you could PM me contact (preferably email + hp) for "C" & "J&E team", I 'm alos on "Impossible Budget".

My email is phang_ck@yahoo.com

Really like what you are planning and doing for your new home, btw I m staying nearby (Hougang ParkEdge BTO). :good:

Thank you very much,

Best regards,

Mr PCK

I have only met 5 IDs/contractors, some introduced by relatives while others is contacts from fellow T-bloggers! I am sure many of you will be familiar.

It is the most tedious process cause have to review quotations and spend time meeting them.

1) First ID i met is introduced by my relative, who did a few of my relatives' house. G is from Or***Cu** and met her in my new place. Told her what i want and G also give a few ideas too. She promised a quotation soon and never hear from her after that. I even text her a few times to remind her. She apologized, giving some excuses but still never hear from her. Maybe she is scared off by my budget. haha. Gotta strike her off and move on.

2)Second ID i met is actually an ID doing reno for my sister-in-law recently. S is from Co** Co*****. Saw his work in one of Tblog too. He is very friendly and I think we can hit off quite well. Some of his ideas are very helpful and gave us good vibes. Got his quotation very promptly and we even meet up for a 2nd time to discuss further on pricing, what to exclude etc. I feel his pricing is quite competitive but still a bit out of our budget.

3)Third ID i met is not by appointment but through walk in as their office is near my parents' place. JT is from Co** Li****. Told him want he wanted and got his quotation very quickly the next day at 32K+. I didnt really click during the meet up and he didnt give me sincere feeling. I never follow up with him after that.

4) Forth is a famous contractor in this forum. J & E team. I am sure many of you guys will know them. Met him directly at my new place. J have a clear understanding of what i want from a contractor point of view and even suggested the pros and cons of doing some of the carpentry works i wanted. He even drew out the layout of my kitchen straight away during our discussion. I am quite impressed. I also know they are very busy due to their sudden popularity. haha. One of their work is from my neighborhood and I went to take a look. All I can say is good workmanship and everything is neat.

Got their quotation promptly from E. Was expecting a more competitive pricing from them since they are contractor. Was not disappointed as their price was the cheapest so far, although still slightly out of our budget. 29-30k ish. Short listed J&E team.

5) The last contractor is my wife's friend. Let's name her C. Our first meet up with C is outside at a cafe and we told her what we wanted and our budget straight away. She is attentive and paid very close attention to what we wanted and wrote down every single details, as well as drawing some rough sketches to make sure it is what we wanted.

Got her quotation a few days later and was surprise it is very competitive and very close to our budget. With a bit of cutting here and there, I am confident we can work something out.

To cut the long story short, it is between J&E team and C. After a few meet ups with both of them, cutting here and there, asking for discounts etc, we decide to go with C. (J&E pricing still way off )

Her price is the cheapest at 25k + without electrical works(cos difficult to finalise this price). So i'll say i will be around 27k , giving my budget of electrical works of 2k+-. (I did a rough calculation and found out i will be doing a lot of electrical works.)

I have to say throughout of meetups, C is very meticulous in details and gave many suggestions on what is practical to do and what is not.

Price aside, i shall reserve my praise until the end of my renovation and see how it goes. Will be updating if i have the time. :)

PS: I will NOT be sharing my quotation to be fair to C. Those interested can PM me for C's contact or others.

Hi kdtioh,

mind to share J&E and C contacts? thank you :)