Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shawnandkim

Cheery Love Nest @waterway Banks

Started this quite late but got inspired by a neighbour so here goesss..........

November 2011, my then fiance, now hubby, was waiting anxiously for HDB to release new flats and due to his foresight, Punggol and Hougang would be a good estate. It is still 'empty' now and not as crowded as mature estate, its accessible and in the near future, it would be a booming estate where property value would go up. Especially for Punggol

So when the new releases came out, HDB released both Punggol and Hougang but after seeing the location of Punggol's BTO and seeing the waterway, WE'RE SOLD! It is so near the mrt, it has the waterway as a view and its so near the new big shopping mall thy're building (Watetown) which is the same size or bigger than Vivo City. So of course, duh punggol waterway!

With the new road opening up to Seletar, his drive to work from home would be 10 minutes or less, what a good life for him!

So on January 16 - We collected our keys!

Above: We were so happy that we chose a corner house! All that big space! We're already coming up with crazy ideas on how to make outside look awesome!

Above: The living room. Sorry quite small!

Above: Our Walkway
Our kitchen and very tiny masterbedroom

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Reno Timeline

We have gone through many ID's and contractors but finally went with Kevin from Defong interior becuase of a friend. His workmanship is good too and you need not pay premium price as well.

We waited till after CNY to start renovations rather than start and then stop halfway. Don't want to lose the momentum!

For our concept, its not really 'modern' or 'scandinavian' or 'victorian'

We just simply wanted a house that is 'cheery' and colorful without it looking like a disaster or clown.

February 23 - measurements were taken, marking was done and now we wait for HDB to approve the hacking

resized

resized 2

February 28 - We chose the toilet wall tiles overlay. We had to get rid of the horrible kueh lapis design!

IMG 0616

March 4 - Major stuff happening!

living room

Kitchen walls is hacked

kitchen wall

As we are combining master bedroom and bedroom 2, we're closing bedroom 2's door and convert the whole room to a walk in wardrobe. With the amount of clothes and bags and whatever vanity stuff we both have, it won't fit in the master bedroom!

walk In wardrobe

March 6 - Toilet Overlays Done! And toilet sink removed!

image3

image1

image2

LIGHTS

March7 2015 - We went to JB to buy our lights. It was CRAZYYYYY. So much lights so much choices we didn't know where to start. How we end up buying in JB? Because so many of my friends told me that its ridiculous to buy in singapore when they mark up double or triple the amount but of the same quality and same brand

I was skeptical at first especially on quality so we went a week earlier to JB to just see see and almost 100% of the customers are singaporeans. the parking lot is full of Singapore cars.

I saw the quality, the choices and especially the price! That's it, gotta go back the following week!

We tried to see like 5-6 shops in singapore from balestier to ubi to other places and the lowest they quote for my whole house $1850 and the highest is extravagant price of $3000 (including chandelier etc)

So after buying we spent a grand total of $930 including 7% tax!

What we bought:

15 downlights (3 moods)

22 t5 lights

2x lights for toilets

3x lights for bedrooms

1x light for kitchen

1x light for service yard

1x 2m track

1x 1 m track

3x 7w spotlight

3x 4w spotlight

1x chandelier for dining area

1x chandelier for walk in wardrobe

and lots of spare bulbs!

I'll be sharing photos later on!

March 9 - False Ceiling up!

Living hall is up

image5

Bedroom ones is up too!

image7

Hey neighbour, I had to laugh at ur "horrible kueh lapis design" hahaha omg so true. We had to get rid of that too. Btw great purchases made at jb! looking forward to see more of ur reno progress.

• Like 1

Painting Works

As I've mentioned, we really wanted the cheery bright happy house and our ID helped us choose the colors!

For living room, it's this pastel turquoise color, its not mint or tiffany blue but somewhere in between.

image3

image4

For bedroom 3 - It's the future baby room and we don't know what gender would we have so purple is the safest!

image1

image2

As for the master room, we chose this brown-mocha color because we have so much lights, it'll look very elegant and classy atmosphere kind.

image6

Hey neighbour, I had to laugh at ur "horrible kueh lapis design" hahaha omg so true. We had to get rid of that too. Btw great purchases made at jb! looking forward to see more of ur reno progress.

Hahahaha! It really does look like kueh lapis! Moving in soon?

Lights from JB Tampoi

I was super excited when my ID told us that lights are up! And it didn't fail to disappoint!

Living room

IMG 1563

IMG 1115

IMG 1114

Seriously find my house super bright now! It's like a light showroom. That chandelier stole the show!

The walkway

IMG 1554

My walk in wardrobe a.k.a Vanity corner

IMG 1116

IMG 1117

Even the toilets has two moods for the lights.

The normal white light

IMG 1557

The yellow light (For more romantic feeling haha)

IMG 1558

I was too caught up with the lights that I didn't get to take much photos. I'll upload more in the future!

Carpentry and Toilet completed!

So the carpentry is done. I have managed to take photo of everything except kitchen! Hahaha I was soooo excited!

Let the photos do the talking!

The Shoe cabinet

IMG 1411 (1)

The Feature Wall

IMG 1491

The super huge wardrobe! Have more reasons to shop now!

IMG 1439

As for the toilet, we bought everything needed from Poh Joo. Service was awesome as well!

We bought:

Kitchen sink

Kitchen Tap

Toilet Basin

Toilet tap

Rain Shower

Towel racks for both toilet

Bidet spray for two toilets

2 tissue holder

25L Joven Storage Heater

Our Rain shower in action

IMG 1598

Vanity corner up! Our tap is the waterfall tap and black basin is so nice

IMG 1593

Storage heater located at common toilet

IMG 1595

Sink and tap. Due to limited space we can only get single bowl sink but it's good enough for now!

IMG 1596

It's like mocha kueh lapis haha Yea we're looking at early June just nice before the fasting month. :)

Same! Just doing some cleaning up. Almost there :)

The photos for the lights are up! Hahaha I'm like spamming

Kitchen walls is hacked

As we are combining master bedroom and bedroom 2, we're closing bedroom 2's door and convert the whole room to a walk in wardrobe. With the amount of clothes and bags and whatever vanity stuff we both have, it won't fit in the master bedroom!

I am wondering how the top "L" shaped wall is being supported.

Hi for which one?

For the kitchen it looks something like this:

IMG 1841 (1)

As for the walk - in wardrobe it's this:

IMG 1443

IMG 1445

Hope this helps!

Kitchen done and Mirrors up!

As for kitchen, we went with the color of Maroon and grey (though it looks black on the photo). We wanted the kitchen to be a different 'feel' from the rest of the house. We really liked the color combination

As for the materials, we used Quartz for our kitchen top and Blum for the hinges so it's all soft closing

Mentioned before, due to limited kitchen space, we could only have smaller sink (single bowl), smaller cooker hob and hood.

We bought the brand EF. It's an Italian brand and it's the only one with smaller dimensions besides Teka. But we heard a lot of scary stories on Teka so we went with EF instead.

Bought our Cooker hob and hood and oven from Mega Discount Store. Oven also EF

IMG 1844

IMG 1837

We also placed a mirror on the living hall. We didn't go for the full height, mainly cos we're too lazy to clean hahaha and I think it's enough to have the "look bigger' effect.
And we love how the reflection of the chandelier bounces on the reflection!

IMG 1841 (1)

hihi,

We stay at same area & has the same ID

;D

Nice reno and look forward to see more updates from you

Hey!! Do you happen to stay on the 15th floor of 673B? Hehe

Cos my neighbor opposite has the same ID as me as well :)