Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
shawnandkim

Cheery Love Nest @waterway Banks

Good choice on the wall colour at the living room & future baby room! I loveeee the purple too!

Painting Works

As I've mentioned, we really wanted the cheery bright happy house and our ID helped us choose the colors!

For living room, it's this pastel turquoise color, its not mint or tiffany blue but somewhere in between.

For bedroom 3 - It's the future baby room and we don't know what gender would we have so purple is the safest!

As for the master room, we chose this brown-mocha color because we have so much lights, it'll look very elegant and classy atmosphere kind.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hehe yeah! Something cheery and colorful but not like 'clown-ish' hahaha

Good choice on the wall colour at the living room & future baby room! I loveeee the purple too!

RENOVATIONS OVER

Yes keys has been handed over and we're done with renovations!

We cleaned up over the weekend and scheduled for all the appliances to be delivered this week.

City Gas would be coming to install our cooker hob so we can start cooking!

Here are the finish photos after cleaning up :)

So here is the living room after we literally washed every corner. Super satisfied!

image3

image2

And this is our kitchen. We scrubbed and cleaned every corner

image5

image6

Feature wall is newly painted too! Can't wait to put our tv on it!

image1 (2)

Our 'walkway' is so warm and romantic

image4

And finally showered on my new toilet!

image7

Yes that's me taking a selfie with my rain shower :)
Can't wait to fill this house!!

Hi perhaps i would be good to post the many various ID/ or contractor that you went to, why and why didn't you choose them.

And also since renovation is over, is it possible to share how much total Kevin charged you for this project ?

I like your kitchen.

Red X Black combi very nice :jammin:

Hi perhaps i would be good to post the many various ID/ or contractor that you went to, why and why didn't you choose them.

And also since renovation is over, is it possible to share how much total Kevin charged you for this project ?

I like your kitchen.

Red X Black combi very nice :jammin:

Hahaha the places I went to was and they quoted me:

Rezt & Relax (40k)

Absolook (35k)

Sky Creation (41k)

In-expat (38k)

And one more in bedok which I forgot the name

Defong was never in my list actually. The difference why the price vary is due to each company's mark up and reputation. They have to get the materials outside thus they need to mark up for them to earn. But if you see the prices are very close to each other. And also of course the bigger the name of company means the more they spend on marketing. They need to earn it back too.

I kinda know what I want, so to be fair i gave the same requirement for all companies.

I compared the price from hacking to kitchen cabinets to wardrobe and of course to be consistent, all the same materials for each company.

I was ready to sign up for absolook and even went to their showroom, until a friend of mine told me about Kevin from Defong. He was full of praises for their workmanship and speed.

So I decided to see his house and indeed it was good. Then another friend so happened to collect her keys before me and also engaged Kevin and was also saying they're very good, so I thought of just meeting Kevin. I mean anything happen I have my absolook quotation that I'm comfortable with

After meeting him, he was nice and super prompt! And again I gave the same exact requirement and the same exact materials and same exact measurements

They came back with a quotation of 28k

So of course with friends testimonials and I see it for myself and my husband also likes his workmanship we went ahead with Kevin

I ended up topping up cos I wanted to add more things since I had extra budget. At the end after adding more things and upgrading materials used, I paid 29plus plus, close to 30k

And if you see my Reno timeline, they were really really fast.

On a side note a friend of mine went with absolook and she got her keys before mine (that's why I also end up shortlisting absolook cos of her), she started reno 2months before mine and I finished same time as her. Apparently her ID disappeared for a few weeks. Makes me feel thankful that I stuck with Kevin.

I mean it could just suay, or bad luck and not everybody at absolook is like that, but still there's that fear and risk

So yeah that's how it went :)

And thank you! We liked the combi of our kitchen too! :)

Hahaha the places I went to was and they quoted me:

Rezt & Relax (40k)

Absolook (35k)

** (41k)

In-expat (38k)

And one more in bedok which I forgot the name

Defong was never in my list actually. The difference why the price vary is due to each company's mark up and reputation. They have to get the materials outside thus they need to mark up for them to earn. But if you see the prices are very close to each other. And also of course the bigger the name of company means the more they spend on marketing. They need to earn it back too.

I kinda know what I want, so to be fair i gave the same requirement for all companies.

I compared the price from hacking to kitchen cabinets to wardrobe and of course to be consistent, all the same materials for each company.

I was ready to sign up for absolook and even went to their showroom, until a friend of mine told me about Kevin from Defong. He was full of praises for their workmanship and speed.

So I decided to see his house and indeed it was good. Then another friend so happened to collect her keys before me and also engaged Kevin and was also saying they're very good, so I thought of just meeting Kevin. I mean anything happen I have my absolook quotation that I'm comfortable with

After meeting him, he was nice and super prompt! And again I gave the same exact requirement and the same exact materials and same exact measurements

They came back with a quotation of 28k

So of course with friends testimonials and I see it for myself and my husband also likes his workmanship we went ahead with Kevin

I ended up topping up cos I wanted to add more things since I had extra budget. At the end after adding more things and upgrading materials used, I paid 29plus plus, close to 30k

And if you see my Reno timeline, they were really really fast.

On a side note a friend of mine went with absolook and she got her keys before mine (that's why I also end up shortlisting absolook cos of her), she started reno 2months before mine and I finished same time as her. Apparently her ID disappeared for a few weeks. Makes me feel thankful that I stuck with Kevin.

I mean it could just suay, or bad luck and not everybody at absolook is like that, but still there's that fear and risk

So yeah that's how it went :)

And thank you! We liked the combi of our kitchen too! :)

Yes this is the post I am sure alot of readers is waiting for. Haha.

The Selection and Reviews of IDs/Contractors.

Absolook has alot of supporters and their designs usually :good: , but price also :good::bleah:

Shall check out Kevin, and see if we can click and got chemistry :notti:

Yes this is the post I am sure alot of readers is waiting for. Haha.

The Selection and Reviews of IDs/Contractors.

Absolook has alot of supporters and their designs usually :good: , but price also :good::bleah:

Shall check out Kevin, and see if we can click and got chemistry :notti:

Haha okay! Do you need his number? I can pm you if you want :)