Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
bdwmmwdb

False Ceiling In Bto Toilets

Hi everyone, I just collected my house keys for my BTO and my unit is on the top floor. When I inspected the house, I noticed that both my MBR and Common Toilets have full false ceilings installed. I am just wondering if this is how it's done for everyone nowadays? And it's weird because I thought toilets not allowed to have false ceiling or at least not as low as my house one (definitely below 2.1M...). TIA!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Full false ceiling meaning from wall to wall they put in a false ceiling. Took away about 2 feet of space from the height of my toilets.

Took photos when I went my place earlier today. I measured and the height is about 2.1M from floor to false ceiling.

My project is the Fernvale Lea project. The BSC staff were telling me that this is the standard nowadays - can anyone confirm this, please? Also, I was just wondering if it is in conflict with HDB's own guidelines?

HDB guidelines

False ceiling 1

False ceiling 2

False ceiling 3

Edited by bdwmmwdb

Full false ceiling meaning from wall to wall they put in a false ceiling. Took away about 2 feet of space from the height of my toilets.

Took photos when I went my place earlier today. I measured and the height is about 2.1M from floor to false ceiling.

My project is the Fernvale Lea project. The BSC staff were telling me that this is the standard nowadays - can anyone confirm this, please? Also, I was just wondering if it is in conflict with HDB's own guidelines?

drop an email to HDB

old hdbs...got all the stupid pipes exposed out... run all over the place... so envious of the new flats now all the pipings are concealed! if new flats allowed to be concealed...by right older should also be allowed right? heheh...

the lower the false ceiling, lesser wall tiling works also. 2.1 m is juts too low...same like 1.2m for common corridor..

Edited by greatrox99