Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

Can you pm me vincent (curtain uncle) contact? So far are you satisfied with ur reno?

PM-ed you!

I am pretty much satisfied with my renovation! I have been very lucky to experience almost zero hiccups throughout the period!

Carpentry was done very well, neat and tidy! No major defects spotted!

We went to IKEA yesterday for our sofa shopping and other miscellaneous stuffs! We decided to go for IKEA's kivik sofa 2+1 sofa in dansbo dark grey!

We also got the 4*2 Kallax bookcase because it's going for $99!

Went back to our crib after that to contiune fixing up the remaining chairs and clear the boxes before the post renovation cleaning happens tomorrow!

I am so happy with all my purchases!

64A822B3-9797-4148-9040-81F1980DB319_zps

6F469202-125E-4B7A-B948-1257D50E5575_zps

Dining table and chairs together! Not in the correct position,will adjust it after the renovation cleaning!

Bought 2 whites and 2 blacks because I can't decide which colour to get so I got both!

586128EC-51F6-41B1-9223-A10204D262F9_zps

Post renovation cleaning :

I engaged A cube Microsystems for their post renovation cleaning and the uncle is very good! Takes pride in his work! Very friendly uncle & he is also the supervisor as well. He did all the cleaning himself for 6 hours straight. Our crib is now super clean and hopefully bacteria free!

That aside, I can finally start to decorate our crib! I started with the smaller items due to time limitation.

Laundry rack from TB !

The mint tin is from the IKEA gardening pot and I used it to store my clothes peg!

D636C50C-8738-4790-BB38-E054ED84C548_zps

Closer look at the gardening pot!

Almost wanted to get the biggest bucket to act as our pail for washed clothes!

2988299E-6647-437E-A755-0B38EFFFEDB3_zps

Simple human trash bag storage :
59F4E155-40F1-4EB2-AE50-0A490184E4D9_zps

Grey memory foam mat :

I bought 6 of the mats for different areas in the house. Bought bigger size for this to be place at our shoe cabinet area. Ignore the pink auntie non slip bathroom slippers heh. Just want to show the contrast of colours!
Not to mention that it's so comfy and soft to step on!

D2084FBB-0271-4E9B-A327-FCD10A52678E_zps

My $2 daiso extension rod ! I bought 2 of them to put inside the DB box to hang umbrella! It is extendable and there so many different colours available!

D3CCBCBD-2B40-4A0E-8A47-054E1573A5D7_zps

35D0CBBC-4AA4-4F0A-BF61-02A31917EEC9_zps

Last but not least, my IKEA fintrop rod with accessories!

http://i1148.photobucket.com/albums/o565/xhomesweethomex/Renovation/F0C74F0B-DE41-4084-B296-8ADCE43D698C_zpsml05fken.jpg

Wednesday will be another full of schedule day! Will update then!

Edited by xhomesweethomex

What's this A Microsystems ah? Like they specialize in post reno cleaning? In addition to the contractor's cleaning?

Hello!

they are a company which provides various cleaning services one of which is the post renovation cleaning. My contractor did acid cleaning after the renovation however i still felt it is still quite dusty hence i engaged the company to do a thorough cleaning for me.

they clean and wipe all the carpentry i have, including the inner drawers, etc.. All the fix fixtures,fans, lightings, drill on drawers etc..

Hi, do you mind sharing uncle vincent contacts for the curtains? Thank you in advance :)

I have PM you!

Can share the link for laundry rack from taobao? How's the quality? Thank you!

The link : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.211.Gh9Niu&id=13926448698&_u=91jv6jeh3979

The legs are abit flimsy maybe because this rack is supposed to be supported by the washing machine width. The width is adjustable to fit the washing machine. But overall, no complains about this product. pretty neat to store pegs, hangers and other misc washing stuffs.

Hi.

Can share the link for the memory foam floor mat please?

Thanks

There you go : http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.247.47fRgd&id=41137788497&_u=91jv6jeh5250

A one big step forward!

Today was a big day for both of us. All our electrical appliances are delivered & installed. Curtains/blinds are up and most importantly, we have our fibre up and running too!

We engaged Vincent to install our blinds & curtains for our crib. The outcome is so gorgeous! I was kind of worried the fabric that we choose will not turn out as nice as expected but my worries are unfounded when I saw the results!

I choose white wood black tape Venetian blinds for our living room :
B2B97B65-4FD8-4013-9A6B-0C2100C76324_zps

93D68B1D-50D8-4BC0-A830-60C70ACA860C_zps

Day & night curtain for MBR :

D0C16F2C-4AFF-4650-84BF-FFB773FFADCB_zps

Closer look on the fabric :

79A83305-54D3-430C-BAB2-9D907A98F8C6_zps

Blackout roller blinds for our 2 common bedrooms :

Light grey & baby blue!

7C360906-C815-493C-8AF1-7AABE96E0527_zps

6E00A153-F07D-44A6-B894-F26F78E10786_zps

I love love love the baby blue roller blinds!!! Super matchu with my charming blue walls! Ahhhhhh just want to keep staring at it!

Part 2 coming up~~~

A big step forward part 2 [electrical] :

Our Phillips 55" TV,Samsung washer,fridge & Mayer digital oven is delivered and installed today as well!

8F413032-4D06-4930-8FB0-79E25F27F14C_zps

Have to call BSC to arrange for appointment to dig out the sand or residue in the pipe because the water overflow when the delivery guys tested our washer. :(

Our fridge,oven and microwave!

D3C73C86-7529-4C5C-8EF2-050B59AAE2E2_zps

I fell in love with the fridge the 2 time I saw it. I am attracted to the water dispenser & automatic ice maker function. Always have ice water & ice!!! How nice!

77804F3E-0F8A-4B5C-9F56-19D493E4BC5E_zps

TV was delivered with free Phillips android box but it did not came with FOC antenna TV cable?! Hence we could not test the TV viewing function. Was planning to watch some tv shows while waiting for the rest of the deliveries to arrive

Started to unbox my Amazon, TB purchases and started to put them in their new home! First up, my corelle dinner ware set! Really impressed with the quality, very thin yet it is chip/break resistant.

3862E5B8-7A29-4D62-B272-F44DB5C5987C_zps

My baby pink ecoramic pots set :

A9A8EA24-A19D-47FE-8ABE-5E598C5133ED_zps

KitchenArt pans set :

4809A2BB-89A6-404A-9EC2-F65BA2E015B3_zps

Ahh, can't wait to start using them soon! The colours really liven up my kitchen!

A big step forward part 3 [misc decors] :

0F7B6FBA-08E1-430E-A4C8-3D55115F76D1_zps

Setup our Scandinavian 3 legged lamp beside our TV console. Want to sell this lamp away initially because we feel that our living room is already bright enough but I am so glad that I kept it in the end!
93AE9037-B2A6-43E4-A5CF-EE19A8420C18_zps

Our laundry rack added with my yellow laundry powder tin!

0C24A32A-2A7A-4A76-91C2-D7F1E076C03E_zps

A closer look on the laundry powder tin :

F8AE1A53-0ACB-4B9B-9567-B3ED2E953DBC_zps

Last item will be delivered on Friday, our IKEA purchases!
And our crib is almost up and running! Planning to do the big move next weekend!

So happy for you seeing that your love nest is finally materializing! I realized that it's actually the final touches like small pieces of decor and colorful furnishings that makes the overall house complete! I'm very sure you & your hubby will enjoy the new place!

Oh man! Why is your main pipe at the service yard chocked? Because of renovations or this wasn't detected during the defects rectification period? Must make sure BSC doesn't push the blame to your contractor if it's a job not done well by them from the start. This is a serious matter so must ensure it is resolved properly else will have much problems in the near future. If you were at your flat last Saturday, Punggol was pouring heavily and guess what happened to the area right outside our unit? The main pipe, which is the outlet for rainwater from the roof, actually overflowed! The area outside our main door was flooded! We got worried & contacted Town Council immediately. They sent the people from BSC to investigate and realized that the drain downstairs was stuffed with abandoned cardboards & trash and hence caused the water to flow backwards to our level :(. Blame it on the low floor we are staying at but it is a worrying situation. We will call Town Council again to ensure that the trash are cleared properly....I can't imagine a case of burst water pipes or chocked pipes in our unit (you know about the sewage pipe case right?) :( :( So yep, moral of the story - Must, certainly & definitely settle such pipe chockage issues with BSC.

And! I like your Amazon purposes esp the colourful kitchen art pan sets! Like your yellow laundry tin too! From TB? :)

Very busy these few days...will reply ur PM soon :P

Edited by CountryGlow

We also scheduled Mr Low from Singlock to install our castle lock today! $150 , 6keys and 3year warranty. Very efficient and he only took 15mins to put the lock up!

E1A93C57-84AF-4C38-AB76-12C157C88657_zps

Tomorrow is another furniture fixing day! Will take more photos and update soon!

What brand of lock is that? Do they carry Duro lock?

So happy for you seeing that your love nest is finally materializing! I realized that it's actually the final touches like small pieces of decor and colorful furnishings that makes the overall house complete! I'm very sure you & your hubby will enjoy the new place!

Oh man! Why is your main pipe at the service yard chocked? Because of renovations or this wasn't detected during the defects rectification period? Must make sure BSC doesn't push the blame to your contractor if it's a job not done well by them from the start. This is a serious matter so must ensure it is resolved properly else will have much problems in the near future. If you were at your flat last Saturday, Punggol was pouring heavily and guess what happened to the area right outside our unit? The main pipe, which is the outlet for rainwater from the roof, actually overflowed! The area outside our main door was flooded! We got worried & contacted Town Council immediately. They sent the people from BSC to investigate and realized that the drain downstairs was stuffed with abandoned cardboards & trash and hence caused the water to flow backwards to our level :(. Blame it on the low floor we are staying at but it is a worrying situation. We will call Town Council again to ensure that the trash are cleared properly....I can't imagine a case of burst water pipes or chocked pipes in our unit (you know about the sewage pipe case right?) :( :( So yep, moral of the story - Must, certainly & definitely settle such pipe chockage issues with BSC.

And! I like your Amazon purposes esp the colourful kitchen art pan sets! Like your yellow laundry tin too! From TB? :)

Very busy these few days...will reply ur PM soon :P

Hello Neighbour!

The fault was not detect during initial stage because we miss the spot! The service yard was not touched at all except painting and lighting. The pipe was covered since the 1st day we collected our keys. :dunno:

Have arranged for BSC to come over on friday afternoon to take a look! Cannot imagine if the pipe burst or dirty water overflowed in our unit!

Holy, did the water went into your unit? Lucky for you that's just some boxes blocking the pipe and not something worse! I wish our fellow neighbors can be more considerate. Saw alot of big boxes lying around my level's rubbish chute. :angry: I dont think those bangalas will come and clear it and this is clearly the ID/contractors job!

heh, yes my laundry tin is from TB!

U can find the sellers via http://s.taobao.com/search?q=zakka++%E6%B4%97%E8%A1%A3%E7%B2%89%E3%80%81&commend=all&ssid=s5-e&search_type=mall&sourceId=tb.index&spm=a214x.6760217.5803581.d4908513

So many colours and designs! Oh, the spoon is sold separately though for my seller. :lol::lol:

What brand of lock is that? Do they carry Duro lock?

Hello!

The brand is "Castle" hence it is called Castle Lock. I am not sure if Mr Low carries Duro, u can check with him via his website http://www.keysg.com/products.html

I read somewhere that Duro lock has a joint line and it is possible to hammer the lock and the joint will break. Not sure how true is that.

Mr Low informed us that no locksmith can unlock our Castle lock if we sway sway lost all the keys, the only way is to saw the lock away :jawdrop::jawdrop: