Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

2 more days!

We are moving in to our crib in another two days' time!

Finally hang our wood frame clocks on our walls! wr can finally know the time without looking at our phones! I also fix up the wood dear head from TB. It came in flat packed and I need to manually fix it up piece by piece like a puzzle! Chose this over the normal deer head because if there's a day where i got sick of the deco, I can get rid of it easily. Haha!

More decos will up soon! 😁

Pictures up!

FAC06757-9585-4CA2-A394-8D5909C54180_zps

3B3FA3A5-4E8F-421B-B66D-83440224C36A_zps

3C9D5D6F-8B96-4BEC-9A4F-2F0880F694DA_zps

Re-arranged my kitchen appliances as well and it looks so neat and tidy now!

75A0A7A3-2D83-4C02-A2A9-A9C3A355FD70_zps

4BD5F1D0-EFE1-49C7-89B1-05BF5DBAAF03_zps

1DF03D6A-3C9D-4BD6-82C6-5CD7130D1481_zps

Need to get down to do serious packing for the big move! Till then~!

HI there,

I'm planning to get Microsystem to do the post renovation cleaning too!

Do you need to be there in person to supervise while they clean or we can just leave them to do their works and come back when it's almost done?

How's the cleaning service? Good?

HI there,

I'm planning to get Microsystem to do the post renovation cleaning too!

Do you need to be there in person to supervise while they clean or we can just leave them to do their works and come back when it's almost done?

How's the cleaning service? Good?

Hello!

I am very satisfied with their cleaning service! Mine was cleaned by uncle Francis who is also the supervisor. He is friendly!

We just need to open the door for them and back when it is done.

Hi xhomesweethomex,

May you please share with me your ID contact & your curtain n blind uncle contact please? May you please also share the quotes for your blind & also curtain?

Pm-ed you!

Nice place!

Moving in day finally! So excited for you too! :D

Thank you both! Busy settling down in new crib! Need time to get used to it!

Will share more photos soon!

Post moving & other thoughts :

The day has finally come for us to pack and move in to our new crib! :jammin:

Packing and unpacking can say itis a love-hate relationship because it is so tedious and tiring but at the same time its the start of our new phase of life together :no: We managed to move most of our stuffs(important items) over in 7 large boxes and 2 luggage. We did not engage any movers and BIL helped us to move all the stuffs over using his company van.

Save money but not time effective, i wanted to use movers initially but le husband persuaded me to move ourselves instead since we do not have a lot of stuffs *he thought so* (that was before we packed! :curse: ) We spend so much time cling wrapping & dismantling our bed frame & mattress and we feel so tired and had no more energy left to do other stuffs. So i would really recommend to engage movers for those who are considering DIY moving.

I did some research on movers and was pretty much decided on The Helping Hands before le husband persuaded not to spend money to move. :rolleyes:

They do have an option of full or half load and prices are transparent & clearly stated on the quotation. I read that their movers are ex drug addicts and i feel this is a good way to let them know that they can still contribute to the society despite having a not so good past ;)

The amount of stuffs we had (not including bed frame and matteress):

F70469E6-E5C6-472C-9B90-755C4455AD1E_zps

The amount of dust in new housing estate is really scary! No matter how many times i mopped or how many times my korean FT comes out and vacuum the floor, our feet will always turn black after awhile! :angry: i wonder how long will this last because i really hate to see my feet getting black as i walk around the flat. :(:(

Anyone has any tips for us besides not opening any windows? :lol:

I also did my first load (and many more to come) of laundry at our crib the very same day! I love our samsung washer, idiot proof controls ! I am starting to love the fresh laundry smell :wub: .

We cook our first serious meal (besides maggie) yesterday :

95A4B1E5-63A1-4FD1-B4F6-60681A2B1797_zps

i am not a good cook, i just remember the taste of the dishes my late grandmother cooked for us when i was young. :P Just cook based on my memory, and glad it turns out good! Tested our air fryer with nuggets as well, i am so loving the AF! I am learning more dishes that i can churn out using the AF. This is the best buy! My Samsung fridge also does its job well! The automatic ice maker is :wub::wub: i will always have ice when i need it! :sport-smiley-004:

Hi Neighbour!

Great job! Hope your move was smooth-sailing despite DIY-ing your own. So you both have shifted in officially from now? :) So amazed that all your stuff only fit into 7 large boxes :o U folks really have little things. Both my hubby and I have countless no. of boxes (lost track on the boxes as we have been transporting some boxes weekly using my parents' car) and we are still not done moving all! We had wanted to engage professional movers initially as well but scraped the idea as we shld avoid the situation where our small flat is jam packed with cartons of boxes with limited space to move about. And the last thing I need is to rumple through boxes for my stuff or forgetting which box they are kept. From your pictures, your little crib looks cosy...and has ample space to walk after shifting in your stuff. Enjoy un-boxing and packing them into your cabinets ya :lol:

And I totally agree on the 'invisible' dust around the house! Not sure if it's the texture of my floor tiles or is it really THAT dusty, I feel sandy wherever I walk to. And yes, white dusty feet after a few hours stepping around. The funny thing is, we don't see layer of dust (only minimum) on our cabinets or furniture. So I really wonder how does the dust settle. Whenever we are over at our new nest during the weekends, we have been vacuuming and mopping till a point where now, we just wear our old bedroom slippers to walk around. Not the best solution but we will think of intensive maintenance after we shift in in proper. One thing you can consider besides keeping your windows closed; we are buying slip-on door guards to attach at the bottom of our main door. The guard will block out insects and dust from entering through the gap at the bottom of the door. You can find them from DIY/Homefix shops. Hopefully helps minimise dust in our house. :rolleyes:

Yummy! Your food looks good! Really have the look of granny's home-cooked beehoon! And is an air-fryer really worth investing in? We are contemplating to get one too but not sure if we will fully utilise it. Oh well, I have no idea how to cook but I guess after shifting in, I will have to start learning! Have to find recipes and cooking equipments which provide us absolute convenience to dishing out our meals, esp after a long day at work. Cooking will be the laziest thing to do! ;)

One last thing, do you have trouble hanging up your laundry? We have started washing our clothes and the new indoor 'pole system' is really challenging! We use hangers to hang our clothes on the indoor poles and I have to 'strategise' on how to hang them in a staggered fashion so that our clothes have space to air and not clutter together. I'm not keen to hang my laundry outside as I read that there are inconsiderate neighbours staying upstairs who throw water or cigarette down and end up wetting / dirtying the clothes! Maybe I'm just too used to the old HDB pole-hanging method...took me 30 minutes to hang up all our clothes from the washer. :(:wacko: We bought a dryer but only to use on a need-to basis to save on electrical bills. By the looks of things, I will be tempted to use the dryer more often than I shld....................

Edited by CountryGlow