Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 29 April 2016 at 6:48 PM, Jkk said:

Hi there! Could you pm me the contacts of nick from renoguyz? 

Thanks so much! :)

Hello! @JkkYou can contact them @ Nicholas - 9690 7887 Renoguyz

On 29 April 2016 at 7:59 AM, aquariusteh said:

Hi, thank u for the link. Would u mind PM your quotation from renoguyz for me?

@aquariusteh I don't have the quotation with me anymore. You can contact them directly to ask for a quote. :)  

• Like 1

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Revamped flooring updates:

the works are carried out around 1030am on Saturday morning and boy,the amount of dust and level of noise makes me so paiseh towards my neighbors. Did not expect that much amount of dust from all the trimmings and shavings. 

Well,after a long 8 hours of work my flooring is finally done up and ready to be stepped on!

revamped living area:

4E5E3935-1101-4671-98DF-6406BF233A1B_zps

The other side of the living room:

4F704684-545D-4DFB-AC73-9CC647E44DDE_zps

walkway :

DF7E8722-101B-4F44-9B95-FE9E8AA27AF8_zps

not able to capture the true colour of the tiles in the above photos due to the lightings but it looks much lighter than it is in the photos  

//managed to snap a photo which will show the colour closer to real life,no filter no edit:

2703D99A-CE53-49F8-A70C-12BF07C20430_zps

i am loving the "new" look of my crib. Even my part time cleaning auntie commented that my place looks much better with the laminated wood! The boss of the company who did the job also loved my place decor and the ambience. So glad that people appreciated my hard work that I spent so much time on! :lol:

//review of the flooring company:

For Reno part 2, I engaged http://www.laminateflooring.sg/ to do the job. This company first appeared on my FB feed as sponsored post and I did send them a FB message for a rough quotation. Prior to this,I have request for a quotation from 3 other companies which includes evorich but their pre sales response are not very good. I was told that someone will get back to me but the someone did not get in touch with me. 

Anyway,I got in contact with the bosses of laminated flooring SG and they are very kind and understanding. They patiently explained the differences between laminated and vinyl floorings but did not hardsell or persuade me to go vinyl because it's more expensive. 

i saw a few colour choice I wanted way before I arrange an appointment with them to view the samples. Initially I was contemplating between a grey-ish brown wood grain & the one I ended up choosing because I am not able to visualize how will both colour choices changed the ambience and feel of my place. Grey-ish brown will makes my place looks "colder" whereas the maple tone will make my place cozier and warmer.

decided on the maple colour because I wanted to make my Scandi theme stands out more! And I think I made the right choice after receiving compliments from friends and strangers. Hehe.

3 workers completed the works in 8hours,very efficient I would say. They even cleaned up all the mess nicely outside my unit. The bosses came down to do checks every few hours on the progress which is good imo. 

Overall,the service rendered is up to the standard and no hard selling which is a plus point! 

Edited by xhomesweethomex

Your new floor looks great!

Could I know how much did you pay for it?  Understand that there may be hollow sounds or feel for laminate floors, any feedback?

I am torn between laminate & vinyl, which vinyl were u considering before settling on laminate?

21 minutes ago, lowkit14 said:

Your new floor looks great!

Could I know how much did you pay for it?  Understand that there may be hollow sounds or feel for laminate floors, any feedback?

I am torn between laminate & vinyl, which vinyl were u considering before settling on laminate?

Hello!

i paid 2.5k in total including shaving of the 6 doors! The laminate are charged at 2.8psf. Noises wise,just say you will know when someone is walking around the house. Haha but that's not an issue to me. Not very loud too. I like the texture of the laminates. Feels like real wood perhaps due to the wood grain patterns on them. 

I was looking at HERF/HERV(by flooring xpert) before deciding on laminates. I compared the prices and vinyl can be 2x more than laminates because they are waterproof. Laminates are water resistant and that's good enough for me because I am using a spray mop and it uses lesser water as compared to normal traditional mops. 

I say go with your budget and lifestyle? have kids or heavy duty washing at home - vinyl. Otherwise laminates are good enough imo.

On 2 May 2016 at 4:43 PM, OceanEleven said:

Lol, finally cave in. Now looking better than ever. :good:

IKR. Should have done it 10months ago during renovation. Haha! Thought I could live w the lousy HDB flooring lah~ :angry:

yes,I love the new look too! A whole lot different as compare to tiles. :wub:

39 minutes ago, xhomesweethomex said:

Hello!

i paid 2.5k in total including shaving of the 6 doors! The laminate are charged at 2.8psf. Noises wise,just say you will know when someone is walking around the house. Haha but that's not an issue to me. Not very loud too. I like the texture of the laminates. Feels like real wood perhaps due to the wood grain patterns on them. 

I was looking at HERF/HERV(by flooring xpert) before deciding on laminates. I compared the prices and vinyl can be 2x more than laminates because they are waterproof. Laminates are water resistant and that's good enough for me because I am using a spray mop and it uses lesser water as compared to normal traditional mops. 

I say go with your budget and lifestyle? have kids or heavy duty washing at home - vinyl. Otherwise laminates are good enough imo.

Thanks lotz for the details! 

Thanks for sharing your reno journey, it has been very helpful. May I ask, how are the conditions of your taobao purchases like the rain shower, toilet accessories, LEd lights, pull out drawer so far 

Would appreciate if you could let me know the estimate breakdown costs of your renovation.

First    time renovating so need to gather lots of information and advice.

Thanks

10 hours ago, timmy said:

Thanks for sharing your reno journey, it has been very helpful. May I ask, how are the conditions of your taobao purchases like the rain shower, toilet accessories, LEd lights, pull out drawer so far 

Would appreciate if you could let me know the estimate breakdown costs of your renovation.

First    time renovating so need to gather lots of information and advice.

Thanks

Hello!

all my TB purchases are still in very good working condition. No breakage or rust. :lol: pull out drawers looks very new like I just got them. No issues at all for all the stuffs I purchased from TB. 

Sadly I don't have my final quotation with me anymore. I deleted it off by accident. 

You seem very experienced and knowledgeable from getting stuff from taobao which saves a lot of money. I have not bought anything bulky from taobao before and thinking for my home reno to get a sofa set like this https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=524189380907&toSite=main and a Tv console table like this https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=43707956797&toSite=main

It is a lot cheaper than what I can find from Singapore but is it possible to buy and ship something like this through ezbuy, would the the shipping charges and other charges etc make it still worthwhile, would it come pre-assembled or shipped as a whole?

Appreciate any advice. thanks.

Hope you don't mind also giving me the link for your taobao bidet, the toilet basin and the kitchen tap. 

2 hours ago, timmy said:

You seem very experienced and knowledgeable from getting stuff from taobao which saves a lot of money. I have not bought anything bulky from taobao before and thinking for my home reno to get a sofa set like this https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=524189380907&toSite=main and a Tv console table like this https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=43707956797&toSite=main

It is a lot cheaper than what I can find from Singapore but is it possible to buy and ship something like this through ezbuy, would the the shipping charges and other charges etc make it still worthwhile, would it come pre-assembled or shipped as a whole?

Appreciate any advice. thanks.

Hope you don't mind also giving me the link for your taobao bidet, the toilet basin and the kitchen tap. 

Hello!

haha, I take it as a compliment! I have been shopping off taobao for the past 6-7years?so I am quite familiar with how it works. 

The sofa u posted I thought of getting it too! But in the end I spotted another sofa which I really liked BUT the length exceeded my lift height hence I can't get it else I have to pay the delivery man extra charges per level to carry up. 

The price of the sofa is almost comparable to ikea's kivik range so u can consider ikea too. 

I got their kivik range in the end cos I can't buy the sofa which I like. 

Sofa wise u only need to join the seats together  and prolly the legs (if any). Pretty simple. 

My TV console came in whole piece and I just put up the legs. 

For huge items I would suggest to go via 3rd party forwarders who shipped via per cbm. Ezbuy ship by weight which is not good for your case because a sofa would be at least 80-100kg? My tv console already 80kg. U can try to join the taobao group on Facebook for the different 3rd party fowarders contacts and charges. 

I will give u the links on Monday ya! :)

On 18/06/2015 at 8:03 PM, xhomesweethomex said:

Re-arranged my kitchen appliances as well and it looks so neat and tidy now!

75A0A7A3-2D83-4C02-A2A9-A9C3A355FD70_zps

4BD5F1D0-EFE1-49C7-89B1-05BF5DBAAF03_zps

1DF03D6A-3C9D-4BD6-82C6-5CD7130D1481_zps

Need to get down to do serious packing for the big move! Till then~!

I think my kitchen will look similar to yours... i have quartz black top ans similar laminate.... what stove is that??? Bosch???

02C05BC8-5DB3-4F42-8984-27E080FEE0AD.jpg

also the kitchen tiles... similar too

7588DB96-4E02-44DF-94CF-BBC3121DC800.jpg

16 hours ago, Tigaroo said:

I think my kitchen will look similar to yours... i have quartz black top ans similar laminate.... what stove is that??? Bosch???

02C05BC8-5DB3-4F42-8984-27E080FEE0AD.jpg

also the kitchen tiles... similar too

Hello!

its rinnai hob :)  

And yes. looking at your laminate, it will be quite similar to mine too. The kitchen tiles is default from HDB and i am glad they are dark grey and not white/beige.