Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

On 12 May 2015 at 10:31 AM, xhomesweethomex said:

Hello! Decided to start a T Blog here after reading so many interesting blogs from you guys! Have been a silent reader since late last year and now my reno is almost ready hence would like to share my buys and progress.

My crib is located in the north-east area, we got our keys in mid jan. Renovation did not start until mid march as i want to avoid the CNY period.

First up, my tiny 4 room floor plan :

Floor Plan

floorplan2_zpsysnh4jyx.png

Theme

As per the title, i am going for the super overuse wood,white & black color board in my new crib because i love the ambiance of those cafes which are sprouting over in Singapore over the past 1 year or so. Hence i decide to create the same ambiance which consist of a little of scandi, loft style so that i will not spend so much money on cafe-hopping. :dunno:

A few must haves :

Woodgrain laminates

White laminate

Brick wall

Black electrical conduits

Contractor/ID

We have decided from start to engage a contractor instead of ID mainly because i have the design more or less in my mind.

I have read through so many blogs here and the first one i approach was Nicholas from Renoguyz.

He is the first and the only contractor we met up. We decided to engage him as our contractor after 2 meetups. He has a reputation of being sloppy,straight forward but that is what my husband like about him. :notti: Both of us are comfortable with him throughout the 2 meetups with him and we get along quite well with him hence we decided to take the plunge and go with him.

His ideas are more to the practical side and if he thinks it is not nice or will not fit, he will voice it out instead of accepting whatever i have suggested.

Budget

We did not take up any renovation loan hence our budget is quite limited and we allocated under 20K for renovation.

Nick gave me a very satisfied quotation 1 day after our meetup and its well below our 20K! :good:

p.s : we opt in for tiles and doors from HDB.

Things we did :

quotation_zpsvkycjat9.png

Taobao

I have been an avid fan of TB since 5 years ago and It is in my natural instinct to get stuffs from TB since i am quite well verse with it. :thumbs up: .

I have engaged AMCON for all my sea shipments till date. Their prices are slightly cheaper than other forwarders and they are fast! My 3rd shipment only took 5days! It is true that they say cheap will not be good, good will not be cheap because their customer service is like non-existence. Shall not rant on that part however i will still use them because of their speed! :dancingqueen:

Did not receive any damage on any of my items so far and i have to give credit to the AMCON warehouse staff and delivery uncle and of cos to TB sellers who wrapped it so well and sturdy!

I will write a separate post on my purchases on TB.

Progress

I do not have the before and after photos because i am not always around when they are doing the works. I only do checks on weekends and most of the time it is nicely done! So i only have the almost-done photos. :notti::jammin:

Every weekend checks are like opening presents during Christmas because our crib is changing every single week i went up and check! :jawdrop:

Next post will be the almost-done pictures!

*************************************************************************************************************************************

Decided to do up table of contents for easy viewing:

1. Taobao purchase

2. Taobao Unboxing

3. Taobao Unboxing part 2

3. My completed Taobao brickwall

4. Progress #1

5. Progress #2

6. Progress #3

7. Taobao Unboxing part #3

8. Installation of Matt black bombshelter

9. Taobao unboxing part #4

10. Amazon purchase

11. Progress #4

12. Amazon unboxing

13. Taobao purchase #2

14, Progress #5

15. Amazon purchase #2

16. Electronic appliances purchases

17. Misc online purchases

18. Progress #6

19. Progress #7

20. Taobao unboxing #5

21. Post renovation cleaning

22. Blinds and curtains

23. Appliances delivery

24. Decoration #1

25. Decoration #2

26. Decoration #3

27. Decoration #4

28. Decoration #5

29. Decoration #6

30. Taobao purchases #3

31. Taobao unboxing #6 + reviews

Hi can you pls send me the number of contractor to sweetycancan@gmail.com?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi there!

Really lovely house you have and your blog is so informative! Mind sharing the contact for the matte black shelving in your bomb shelter:P

Thanks in advance!

:)Peiyi

21 hours ago, BeeNbee said:

Hi there!

Really lovely house you have and your blog is so informative! Mind sharing the contact for the matte black shelving in your bomb shelter:P

Thanks in advance!

:)Peiyi

Hello!

You may contact them via  Email to storation.sg@gmail.com or call at (65)81688358 / (65) 93822533 

On 10/2/2016 at 10:40 PM, Razor Rahman said:

Hi,

Thanks for your blog. It was a good read. Could you PM me your contractor' details pls?

Thank You

Hello!

i engaged renoguyz, you can contact them via https://www.facebook.com/renoguyz/?fref=ts

On 10/3/2016 at 10:24 AM, tinkerbell said:

Hello xhomesweethomex!

Could you share Vincent's (curtains) contact with me please?
Thank you in advance! :)

Hello,

Sure! Vincent # nine three eight four nine two two eight.

had to spell it out because renotalk censor this number. :)

2 hours ago, seahorse28 said:

Hi, may I ask if your ID contract install all these taobao stuff for you ?

How they charge? lump sum or per item?

hello!

Nope, most of the items they install for me out of good will :)

except the brick wall tiles and fans,heaters which has labour charges.

28 minutes ago, xhomesweethomex said:

hello!

Nope, most of the items they install for me out of good will :)

except the brick wall tiles and fans,heaters which has labour charges.

that is very kind, because so far IDs I met told me that workers will quote separately if we want to install those things.

9 hours ago, pikachuuu said:

hi! 

read the entire thing in one night, really lovely stuff u got :D 

can i check how's the water pressure like for your rain shower? 

Hello!

because i am using instant heater so the water pressure was so so. haha

i have a friend who bought the same rainshower with storage heater and did not hear her having any complains so i guess its all good.

3 hours ago, xhomesweethomex said:

Hello!

because i am using instant heater so the water pressure was so so. haha

i have a friend who bought the same rainshower with storage heater and did not hear her having any complains so i guess its all good.

hahah yes I am intending to use instant heater also. so for the rain shower part it is not really like thunderstorm rain right hahahah. What about the hand held shower head? how's the pressure like ? :D would you still have gone for rain shower knowing the pressure? 

18 hours ago, pikachuuu said:

hahah yes I am intending to use instant heater also. so for the rain shower part it is not really like thunderstorm rain right hahahah. What about the hand held shower head? how's the pressure like ? :D would you still have gone for rain shower knowing the pressure? 

hahah! ya definitely not thunderstorm. hahah!

Using rainshower w instant heater got a con tho. only one output can be connect to the heater. so mine was connected to the handheld. the rainshower is tapped to the HDB cold water pipe direct. so pressure is better than the handheld one.

if i know this prior earlier, i would have chose storage heater :lol::lol: