Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
On 5/12/2015 at 10:34 AM, xhomesweethomex said:

Almost done photos :

Brickwall

The brick wall was the first thing that was being done in my new crib some time in March.

It is also by far the most risky item which i have purchased on TB till date. Close to 17 boxes of tiles and no breakage (I think so since i only QC a few boxes).

This is take under low light condition and after grouting. The bomb shelter hole and corner has been filled up. ;)

My husband was very impressed with the brick wall. And I know he will not allowed me to have a brick wall if we are using craft bricks because it may cost close to $4K. with our tight renovation budget, it is a :no::no: .

We saved at least $2K by getting the tiles in ourselves! :jammin:

the bricks came in pure white and some tiles have slightly greyish tint after applying the grouting. In fact, i love this look with a tint of grey as compare to tiles painted white after grouting. :bleah:

IMG_0338_zpsntzkhxsz.jpg

IMG_0339_zpscef0bpof.jpg

Can post the link for the craft stone again. And PM your contractor and the contact for the matt shelf for shelter area. Thanks 

On 12/3/2016 at 7:38 AM, S750WP said:

Can post the link for the craft stone again. And PM your contractor and the contact for the matt shelf for shelter area. Thanks 

Hello!

U can get it from https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z10.1-c-s.w5003-14934647132.1.0JUGDQ&id=524749643776&scene=taobao_shop

The seller's shop: https://qsstone.jiyoujia.com/shop/view_shop.htm?spm=a312a.7700714.0.0.I2jT1L&user_number_id=834530006

My contractor you can contact them via https://www.facebook.com/renoguyz/?fref=ts 

Storage shelving: https://www.facebook.com/storation.sg/?fref=ts

• Like 1

17 hours ago, northblue said:

Very nice blog. so informative love the brickwall:wub:

Thank you! 

yes, i am still loving my brickwall after staring at them for the past 1.5 years.

On 02/05/2016 at 0:27 PM, xhomesweethomex said:

Revamped flooring updates:

the works are carried out around 1030am on Saturday morning and boy,the amount of dust and level of noise makes me so paiseh towards my neighbors. Did not expect that much amount of dust from all the trimmings and shavings. 

Well,after a long 8 hours of work my flooring is finally done up and ready to be stepped on!

revamped living area:

4E5E3935-1101-4671-98DF-6406BF233A1B_zps

The other side of the living room:

4F704684-545D-4DFB-AC73-9CC647E44DDE_zps

walkway :

DF7E8722-101B-4F44-9B95-FE9E8AA27AF8_zps

not able to capture the true colour of the tiles in the above photos due to the lightings but it looks much lighter than it is in the photos  

//managed to snap a photo which will show the colour closer to real life,no filter no edit:

2703D99A-CE53-49F8-A70C-12BF07C20430_zps

i am loving the "new" look of my crib. Even my part time cleaning auntie commented that my place looks much better with the laminated wood! The boss of the company who did the job also loved my place decor and the ambience. So glad that people appreciated my hard work that I spent so much time on! :lol:

//review of the flooring company:

For Reno part 2, I engaged http://www.laminateflooring.sg/ to do the job. This company first appeared on my FB feed as sponsored post and I did send them a FB message for a rough quotation. Prior to this,I have request for a quotation from 3 other companies which includes evorich but their pre sales response are not very good. I was told that someone will get back to me but the someone did not get in touch with me. 

Anyway,I got in contact with the bosses of laminated flooring SG and they are very kind and understanding. They patiently explained the differences between laminated and vinyl floorings but did not hardsell or persuade me to go vinyl because it's more expensive. 

i saw a few colour choice I wanted way before I arrange an appointment with them to view the samples. Initially I was contemplating between a grey-ish brown wood grain & the one I ended up choosing because I am not able to visualize how will both colour choices changed the ambience and feel of my place. Grey-ish brown will makes my place looks "colder" whereas the maple tone will make my place cozier and warmer.

decided on the maple colour because I wanted to make my Scandi theme stands out more! And I think I made the right choice after receiving compliments from friends and strangers. Hehe.

3 workers completed the works in 8hours,very efficient I would say. They even cleaned up all the mess nicely outside my unit. The bosses came down to do checks every few hours on the progress which is good imo. 

Overall,the service rendered is up to the standard and no hard selling which is a plus point! 

Just curious did u pick fashion maple or europe maple?

I've shopped so much on TB that I have to impose a self-ban and thought I'm quite zhai already but your buys really tops the cake! Never thought of shipping back tiles.  

Now that you've pointed out the issue with tiles and grout, am thinking twice about wood tiles. How like that?

How much did the post-reno clean up cost? Could you share uncle's contact, or is the same as the generic contacts?

1 hour ago, ahmiu said:

I've shopped so much on TB that I have to impose a self-ban and thought I'm quite zhai already but your buys really tops the cake! Never thought of shipping back tiles.  

Now that you've pointed out the issue with tiles and grout, am thinking twice about wood tiles. How like that?

How much did the post-reno clean up cost? Could you share uncle's contact, or is the same as the generic contacts?

hahah! 过奖过奖! there people who buy more stuffs than i do! just that i took the risk for the tiles. and i recommended my friends (who wanted to have a brick wall) to buy from the same seller and have no regrets. IF i have a chance again, i would even buy subway tiles to overlay my toilet or something. hahaha!

Wood like tiles looks nice! if the grouting is not in white then most likely you will be fine! it wont look that out of place as a whole though.And more over wood like tiles have "grains" so it wont be very obvious if it's stained? I think as long as not white tiles with white grout will look okay!

:) 

My post reno cost me 299$. generic contact tho. 

Thanks for the headsup! 

Heng coz I wanted to consider white flooring - will definitely strike this out unless without tiles. 

Not sure if this is relevant, do you think the brick wall deters lizards? I know that there's this old school lizard proofing treatment (makes the walls rough with many dots) but it doesn't work at all. I'm super terrified of lizards and can cause earthquakes if I'm stuck with one! 

On 12/9/2016 at 11:26 PM, ahmiu said:

Thanks for the headsup! 

Heng coz I wanted to consider white flooring - will definitely strike this out unless without tiles. 

Not sure if this is relevant, do you think the brick wall deters lizards? I know that there's this old school lizard proofing treatment (makes the walls rough with many dots) but it doesn't work at all. I'm super terrified of lizards and can cause earthquakes if I'm stuck with one! 

welcome! So far, i dont see lizards in my house yet. *cross fingers.

brickwall is pretty maintenance free tho, just some dusting now and then. ;)

u can get those lizard traps from daiso and hang it somewhere you think they might appear works pretty well (from the reviews in daiso fb group). 

Edited by xhomesweethomex