Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lucidacid

My Humble Abode (Without Id)

Hi Lucidacid

Thanks for sharing with us your reno journey so far..Perphaps maybe if you don mind, can you PM me the contacts of your contractors?

Thanks!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi Lucidacid

Thanks for sharing with us your reno journey so far..Perphaps maybe if you don mind, can you PM me the contacts of your contractors?

Thanks!

Pm-ed you! (:

Hi Weiyan,

Thank you so much for the advice. I was thinking I'll probably not get many replies and then it will still boil down to my own preference. There are too many posts and since I'm so occupied with the renovation, it's tough to scroll through the many pages and check out the details. Nevertheless, I'll do so next week when I have time. After all, it's a decision i'll have to face all the way till I decide to move out!

Thanks! (:

Hi Lucidacid,

you can check out the below blog & connect with home owner. She bought her bricks from TB. Hope this helps!

http://tinyurl.com/osquty4

Weiyan

hello! understand tat you did laminates for your flooring and got HDB to do cement screeding~ is there a need to increase the screeding height (hdb provides height of 40mm) and at any additional cost? Thanks thanks in advance!

hello! understand tat you did laminates for your flooring and got HDB to do cement screeding~ is there a need to increase the screeding height (hdb provides height of 40mm) and at any additional cost? Thanks thanks in advance!

From my own home experience,yes need to top up as the FOC is barely enough.Discuss with the appointed HDB contractor,inform him you are using what kind of mm lamnates or vinyl. For mine im using 5mm vinyl and i ask the hdb contractor to top up up to the height difference . I inform him beforehand when i was given the contact number of the hdb contractor that i need to top up and inform him i know the requirements. Coffee $$ as everyone always say.

Hi Chower!

Yes I'm doing laminates, which is 11mm thick. I got HDB to do screeding for 50mm height, which is 10mm more than the standard. I paid $550 for it and they used prepaid cement for my house. We did give the workers some additional money but it didn't work. We merely gave them the chance to tok us. Just call the supervisor if it's not smooth enough. Their supervisor's word has more power than money. Depending on your district/estate, the allowance for bumps is 2-3mm or 3-5mm. Unfortunately, for Ang Mo Kio Town Council, 3-5mm is their allowance. So if we have bumps within that range, it is still considered smooth. :jawdrop:

Hope this helps! (:

hi lucidaid, would it be possible to get the contacts of your contractors please?

thank you very much!

xx

Hi, May I have your contractor's contact details please?Thanks in advance.

hi lucidaid, would it be possible to get the contacts of your contractors please?

thank you very much!

xx

PM-ed you! (:

Here is the list of works I've done and the overall price. My am I glad with it. It's my dream house! :yeah: Hope everything will turn out fine!

1) Study Room

Hack Bedroom 3 wall, one side partial hack, the other side full hack including door.

Glass panels with aluminium frame + Glass door with aluminum frame.

2) Stucco brick wall effect for the entire wall from shoe cabinet onwards.

3) Study table with pedestal on one side of the wall, the cabinet spanning the whole side on the other.

4) Overlay all kitchen and toilet and service yard tiles +

Entrance kerb <- done free! :dribble:

5) Iquartz U series table top with 12 ft bottom kitchen cabinets and 9 feet top cabinet, and 2 feet full cabinet.

6) Vanity cabinet for toilet with Mirror cabinet / Glass panels for toilet

7) Aircon ledge for living room

8) Shoe Cabinet

9) Lighting + Plumbing + Adding of any accessories at any number at anywhere.

10) MBR Wardrobe, Dressing Table etc.

11) Baywindow with storage and PVC Settee

It has everything that we want even though it's my first house. Total cost: Estimated $35k +

My cousin did wardrobe, kitchen cabinet, and false ceiling and she already spent $28k plus with another contractor. So so happy!! :yeah:

Hello FR Neighbour,

Very happy reading through your informative boards! I am from 470A :) Can I find out how much is your contractor quoting for the work "Aircon Ledge for living room". I think our design is the same (living room does not come with ledge to mount aircon) isit?.. if it's more convenient I can PM you. TIA!

hello neighbors! how long does the whole house take to complete renov by J and E?

does the 35K inclusive of flooring and electrical works? if not, may i know how much u spend for both and your reviews?

am collecting my key really soon and yet haven found any contractors /ID.

Hello FR Neighbour,

Very happy reading through your informative boards! I am from 470A :) Can I find out how much is your contractor quoting for the work "Aircon Ledge for living room". I think our design is the same (living room does not come with ledge to mount aircon) isit?.. if it's more convenient I can PM you. TIA!

Hi!

My contractor did it for free for us! (: If not, I think the price that he wanted to quote us was $400 ):

hello neighbors! how long does the whole house take to complete renov by J and E?

does the 35K inclusive of flooring and electrical works? if not, may i know how much u spend for both and your reviews?

am collecting my key really soon and yet haven found any contractors /ID.

Hi!

For J + E, because they are in demand, our house can only be completed by the start of August though we contacted them end May when we collected our keys. Its $32k now including electrical works. They overlayed our toilet and kitchen wall and floor tiles for us, we provided the tiles. We outsourced our living + bedrooms flooring as we got laminates! (they only do tiling) (:

Hope this helps! (: