Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lucidacid

My Humble Abode (Without Id)

Thanks neighbour! Anyway read about your experience with the hdb screening. It kinda seems like ah kwang(guang) is the contractor for fvrg. So, fingers crossed for my screening... did J/E suggested for any self levelling screening to smooth e floor?

Hi shiwei71,

Yeah he is... J+E did suggest self leveling screeding but the height of the screed cannot be changed anymore since it was already done, and it was the highest that they can go already. Plus, self leveling cement is very expensive! :jawdrop: hahaha! (:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi. Is your contractor J&E popular contractor in renotalk? Mind to share their contact? Thanks.

Hi Kimi09,

I've PMed you. Yes they are the popular ones around, and it's really no surprise why when you see their carpentry workmanship... (:

hi neighbor, can i know where you got yr tracking light from? taobao or local? thanks

Hi forkel,

We did buy track lights from Taobao but the track seems very flimsy. My contractors and even the electrician suggested that I don't use Taobao for electrical items that will be fixed permanently. Another owner used taobao, and not even one month after the renovation, the lights started to flicker. He even had a video to show me... At first we were very skeptical... Maybe he wanted to introduce us some local shop and earn our commission.

But he didn't. He didn't even have any shop to recommend but he just suggested that we don't get lights from Taobao!

So... to answer your question, we got it from a local shop (:

Lelong Lelong! We bought too many tiles!

photo_2015-07-30_10-58-04_zpscdrgkne0.jpphoto_2015-07-30_10-57-43_zpsbjrikvjt.jp

Letting go of these D91529 porcelain tiles (150mm x 900mm) at $1.50 psf. Approx 5.8sqf (4 tiles) left! This tile is one of the best thing that happened to me. It really looks like wood. In fact, my MIL came and asked us why we use wood for kitchen flooring and toilet feature floor.

UPDATE: SOLD.

You can use it for your toilet as a feature wall or floor. It's really the best thing ever! (:

photo_2015-07-30_10-57-56_zps7snzz0yc.jp

Ignore the ugly feet :sport-smiley-018: Italian tiles, Fiordo Marendo (300 x 600mm), letting it go at $2 psf. :notti: Approx 28 sqf! (14 tiles left) left!

photo_2015-07-30_10-58-01_zpssy0hqjz5.jp

Matt black Native Stone Italian tiles (300mm x 600mm), letting it go at $2. My favorite tiles because they are matt!! ((: Maybe that's why I bought too many... approx. 79.8 sqf (41 Tiles) left. My employer bought some of this tiles and used it in our centre's toilet as flooring! Works well if you have ventilation. If not, I find it abit slippery.

photo_2015-07-30_10-57-30_zpshffxy6fi.jp

Common toilet wall tiles... I don't like this the most :no: . But this is my husband's favourite! Hahaha. Our most expensive tile - Mikonos Italian Tile 300 x 600MM. Letting it go at $3. Approx 19 sqf left (10 Tiles).

We also have two doors, so neighbors, if you want them, do contact me! (:

Edited by Lucidacid

What matters is the end product must make you happy. At least you know why you went broke for :)

Since it's going to be your own home you want it to be the best you can allow it to be.

Hi Lucidacid,

Hdb contractor (Ah guang) called me, said he will be doing the screening for my bto. I asked him for his supervisor's number and he refused to give me.

I got read your post about he done a bad job on the screening. Do you have his supervisor's number? Can please share with me.

I can call his supervisor if he done a bad job on my screening. Thank you

Yes, if you can share the supervisor number with me as well, that will be great. Can't wait for my defects and screeding to be done soon...... :P

What matters is the end product must make you happy. At least you know why you went broke for :)

Since it's going to be your own home you want it to be the best you can allow it to be.

Hahaha yes! Thanks for the comforting words (((: Can't wait to move in! If you are in the midst of doing your renovations, hope everything will go well! (:

Yes, if you can share the supervisor number with me as well, that will be great. Can't wait for my defects and screeding to be done soon...... :P

Hi shiwei71,

PM-ed you already! Hope everything will go well for you! (:

Hi Lucidacid,

Hdb contractor (Ah guang) called me, said he will be doing the screening for my bto. I asked him for his supervisor's number and he refused to give me.

I got read your post about he done a bad job on the screening. Do you have his supervisor's number? Can please share with me.

I can call his supervisor if he done a bad job on my screening. Thank you

Hi vincentwt,

Yes he is very shady. He refused to put his name or anything on the receipt/invoice issued to us. PM-ed you the supervisor's contact. He is the highest you can go already! I really hope it will be a smooth floor rendering for it. It gave us a lot of headache.

Hi vincentwt,

Yes he is very shady. He refused to put his name or anything on the receipt/invoice issued to us. PM-ed you the supervisor's contact. He is the highest you can go already! I really hope it will be a smooth floor rendering for it. It gave us a lot of headache.

Hi Lucidacid,

Thank you for sharing the supervisor's contact.. Hope everything will go well for me.

Hi vincentwt,

Hi Lucidacid,

Thank you for sharing the supervisor's contact.. Hope everything will go well for me.

Hi Lucidacid,

I replied inside the quote. Still newbie to renotalk lol.