Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lucidacid

My Humble Abode (Without Id)

Hi Luciacid,

I am renovating my HDB flat soon. Chance upon HDB website advising home owners to engage HDB/RADAC accreditated contractors. May I know if the main reno contractor(J/E) is HDB registered?

What are the implications between contractors that are HDB/RADAC registered in terms of payment/warranty/legal context and those that are not?

Because I have received many flyers at the doorstep and 90% I checked are not HDB registered. Is it so important to have a contractor that is HDB registered?

HOPE fellow renotalk bloggers and readers can explain further?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hihi

If u dun mind, would like to request the contact details of contractor A and C.

Tia

Hi Lucidacid,

I replied inside the quote. Still newbie to renotalk lol.

Hehe I make such mistakes from time to time too! Heard from E that you've engaged them! Don't worry! Mine turned out better than fine. Yours will too! (:

Hi Luciacid,

I am renovating my HDB flat soon. Chance upon HDB website advising home owners to engage HDB/RADAC accreditated contractors. May I know if the main reno contractor(J/E) is HDB registered?

What are the implications between contractors that are HDB/RADAC registered in terms of payment/warranty/legal context and those that are not?

Because I have received many flyers at the doorstep and 90% I checked are not HDB registered. Is it so important to have a contractor that is HDB registered?

HOPE fellow renotalk bloggers and readers can explain further?

Hi KenCan,

Contractor J isn't HDB/RADAC accredited contractors. And precisely because of that, their prices can be competitive and yet the quality of work is still so good. I understand that to be registered, one will have to pay a sum of money to HDB to stay registered. If you engage an accredited contractor, it is sort of like an insurance of their work and an assurance that they know every restriction and requirements of HDB renovations. So far, I'm not sure about anything else but using a non-accredited HDB contractor hasn't caused me any issues.

If you engage a non-accredited contractor, you cannot claim if they just disappear or run away. That's the risk. But I know contractor J won't since I did many background checks, so I took a step of faith and went ahead.

That's my understanding but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong (:

Hihi

If u dun mind, would like to request the contact details of contractor A and C.

Tia

Hi Xinx,

I don't know any contractor by the name of C... Pm-ed you Contractor A's contact! (:

Hi,

Able to share the contacts of your 3 contractors?

Thanks!

PM-ed you!

3rd August 2015 -THE WALL IS SO PRETTY I CAN OOTD EVERYDAY WITH IT.

photo_2015-08-03_22-27-14_zpsldjeygm9.jp

Sorry this isn't me but yeah, had to post this because I forgot to take one without a human in it. This is my friend who was so excited to come and see our house even before housewarming. So grateful for friends/relatives who have been so concerned about our renovations and feeling excited with us. :wub::wub::wub: Loving my friends, family.... and my wall. :sport-smiley-004:

photo_2015-08-03_22-21-28_zpsu5wr222r.jp

Our settee with storage is up! I was so against it when my husband wanted this. Our flat is already so small and I thought it would make our flat feel very claustrophobic. But I'm loving it! Gonna store all my books in it.

*My husband chose and insisted on this un-photogenic floor :(

It's going to be done. It's going to be done!!!

Edited by Lucidacid

Hi Lucidacid,

Great to know u did background check as reno cost is our hard earned salary. Care to share what kind of background check u did?

Enjoying your reno journey write-up and thought of engaging a contractor (without ID) like u. But at the same time, doesn't want to run into problems with HDB regulation.

Happy Living.