Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Lucidacid

My Humble Abode (Without Id)

It's handover tomorrow morning! Finally, we can clean up the dusty house. Even though they have already sent the cleaner up twice, it seems to be constantly dusty because everyone is renovating their flats. The playground on the ground floor is being constructed too!

The house is actually done up, but my husband/fiance (Can't decide what to call him because our relationship is so ambiguous. It's like we have a flat, but we are not married yet hahaha. Fun.) I tried to take photos of the house, but I think they probably aren't doing justice to the actual works... Will take more on Monday after I clean the place up and put all my accessories into their places!

I actually spent much more time choosing and buy accessories than the furniture. Furniture makes it a house. Accessories make a home! (:

Meanwhile, it's 2 weeks to wedding photoshoot and I have so many things to do!!!:jawdrop:

photo_2015-08-14_02-01-37_zps4ldxiueb.jpphoto_2015-08-14_02-02-36_zpsqv03u25v.jp

photo_2015-08-14_02-08-30_zpspie77v7v.jp

Congrats...

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hey there

The glasswork on your study room is beautiful - love it because the frames and lines are thinner than the usual ones that are seen, which can be pretty intimidating. The lines on your glass panels are exactly what I have been looking for.

Do you mind sharing the cost of the glasswork for your study room, and the thickness (width) of each horizontal and vertical frame line? Oh, and the thickness of the glass? PM me?

Thanks!

photo_2015-08-07_23-34-38_zpsdp14wfx2.jp

photo_2015-08-07_23-34-34_zpscf8xlvxr.jp

It's beginning to feel a lot like home! (: Have been busy lately because it's nearing handover and I need to utilise my hawk eye to search for areas I want rectification for. It hasn't been easy. Sorry for the late reply everyone.

All the best to your renovations! Happy SG50 long weekend! (:

Congratulations on the completion of your renovation Lucidacid! I love your aluminium framed glass panel. I did aluminium framed glass panel for my study too and I regret not doing a thinner frame like yours :(

Hi,

Finally you are getting what you called a HOME. Congratulation!!!

Hope you have bought a Robot vacuum cleaner (Roomba/Samsung/LG) so that IT can help you to clean while you are out shopping and dinning.

Can you share with me what is your PFR for wardrobe, kitchen cabinet (top/Btm), TV console and your flooring?

Thanks.

Thanks XinYi88,

My current house (parents') has a robot vacuum cleaner and we find it to be quite useless. Grateful for your suggestion though. Hope you find no offense in my personal opinion. What is PFR? Pardon my noob-ness at abbreviations on reno stuff!

hello lucidacid,

could you please share your contractor details? you hired multiple ones to do different things? do you have any contacts for electricians too or do they do it altogether.

thanks! :)

Pm-ed you! All done by one contractor! (:

Congrads on the completion of yr lovely home.

Contractor E will soon be bombarded with my WA msgs. 😁

Thank you thank you thank you! (: He is already bombarded! HAHAHA! All the best to your reno! (:

Could I get the contractor contact too please?

OMG absolutely in love with your living area/hallway flooring! Mind letting me know the item brand/name/code? Thanks!!

Pm-ed you! Hahaha! It's Rustic Light Oak from Woodculture, a subsidiary of Hafary! I didn't like it initially but what you said encouraged me and got me thinking again! Thanks a lot! (:

Congrats...

Thank you DoubleEM!

where did u get ur sofa from? It looks really cozy and nice!

It's from Castlery! (: It is really comfy, no doubt! (:

Hi! May i get the contact of ur contractor? U may email me at khaian89@live.com.sg.. Thanks!

Sorry! I pm-ed you! I don't know how to email from here and I'm not comfortable sharing my email since it's mainly for work purposes! Hope the contact still gets to you! (:

Hey there

The glasswork on your study room is beautiful - love it because the frames and lines are thinner than the usual ones that are seen, which can be pretty intimidating. The lines on your glass panels are exactly what I have been looking for.

Do you mind sharing the cost of the glasswork for your study room, and the thickness (width) of each horizontal and vertical frame line? Oh, and the thickness of the glass? PM me?

Thanks!

I understand what you mean! Initially I wanted the thick frames too but I didn't want my house to look bulky and clustered. I'm sorry but I'm afraid I really don't have the answer to your question! It costs about $3000+ including hacking, clearing of debris, making good, glass, aluminum frame and the door. Not sure if it's cheap!

If you are engaging Contractor J like me, I told him I wanted the thin kind and this is what I got. So you can say the same!

Sorry I can't be of much help...

Congratulations on the completion of your renovation Lucidacid! I love your aluminium framed glass panel. I did aluminium framed glass panel for my study too and I regret not doing a thinner frame like yours :(

Thank you SaltedCaramel!! (:

Nooooo! Thick frames are nice too! Depending on the theme you are going for! Industrial and Scandinavian theme would go well with the thick frames! I never knew the existence of such frames until it appeared in my house one day... hahaha!

Hi,

Congrats on ur lovely hse. Wow you managed to squeeze in a vanity cabinet in the mbr toilet. Btw where and how much u buy ur dining table, and whats the material of the table?

Edited by bsxk

Ju

Taobao Purchases

TBpurchases_zps6d5ah0o8.png||1]

TB2EzQVXVXXXXXRXpXXXXXXXXXX_742566871_zp

1) Door stopper (We don't need this anymore because we decided to install arm slider at $50) - Contact us if you want this. Giving it for free, but you have to pay for the registered postage hahaha!
2) Fake Ideaco Trashbins (I bought the real one too, and it's awesome because the plastic bag cannot be seen)

3) Kitchen Faucet
4) Dining Pendant Light

5) Directors' Lamp
6) Industrial Lights for toilets
7) Normal Lights with remote control and interchangeable light colors.

8) Bedside lamp <- This is so pretty, but PM E told us we should abandon this since our unit was a corner unit, meaning that the lighting points, if I were to add any extras, cannot be concealed. Thus they will be bulging out like a sore thumb. They cannot drill into outer walls for fear that it will compromise building safety. Letting this pair go at cost price. Do contact me if interested.

Just wondering is the door stopper still available??

Thanks

Hi Lucidacid,

Can you please PM me the 3 contractors' contact that you have shortlisted in your first post?

Thank you so much in advance!

=)

Hi Lucidacid:
Firstly you've got your place really beautifully renovated!
Would u mind sharing the contact of contractor A and Contractor J?
Also the ID who's willing to do the feature brick wall from you. How much did it cost?
Thanks a lot

Hi Lucidacid,

PFR is per foot run. Was wondering if you can share with us what is the PFR for wardrobe, kitchen cabinet, TV console and your flooring?

Thanks you and happy taking over.

Well done!!!