Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
breathoxygen

Need Recommendation For A&a Builder

Bought my first landed house in serangoon 2 years back, it was a 1 storey private house with 1800 sqft of land area. Decided to demolish it and rebuild it into a 2.5 storey house GFA 4000 psgft which will be able to give me larger space and more rooms for my kids and wife.

Gone through the tedious stage of finding contractors, and finding the best price as we wanted it to be affordable as we can be, just needed a house with more rooms and no need for too much attas and fanciful interior design and decoration.

A few rounds of interview, managed to sieve out the good contractors and the bad ones.

Went to the site to monitor the progress of the work once a month, and will pop by to make sure that the contractors was not up to below-par works.

This builder was able to coordinate all the site works properly and on time, many times when I popped by he was there on the site to discuss the work progress with the electrical and plumping supervisors and me, really glad to see such hands on contractor boss. (Most of my friends actually say that these contractors are lazy and only cared about money, luckily for me this was not the case.)

Managed to get my house done early quarters of last year, even though the projected timeline given by them was 13 months, they manage to let me top around 11.5 months, saving me the rental of my condo out as I can rent them out for extra cash. Was really happy with their work attitude of this contractors.

There were a few times where my wife was actually not happy with the tiling of the rooms, and we changed the floor tiles to marble. And this contractor was actually quite ok with it, and did not make any complaints about our change of mind.

Advise to all homeowners, do sit down and discuss with your contractors and make sure everything is in place before signing your contract with them and make sure they are good contractors with enough liquidity to sustain the cost of building, and try to get them to stay focus on just a few projects on hand so they do not run into cash flow problems and give u poor quality of your works.

A good communication with the builder is definitely worth it!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, planning to add 1/2 story to my current semiD....don't mind PM me yr reliable contractor. Does anyone know the estimated cost for a job scope like this....budgeting purpose 

On 29 September 2016 at 1:31 PM, Cinq said:

Hi, planning to add 1/2 story to my current semiD....don't mind PM me yr reliable contractor. Does anyone know the estimated cost for a job scope like this....budgeting purpose 

Very hard to figure the budget out.

roof change need full ura/bca submissions. 

Depending on age of existing building, not sure if existing structure can handle the additional load. Need full engineering calculations. 

Easily abv 100k to max 400k. 

Get an architrct to draw out your dream so u can get a drawing for contractors to quote. Then go for a design n build contractor. 

On 10/1/2016 at 8:17 PM, yoongf said:

Very hard to figure the budget out.

roof change need full ura/bca submissions. 

Depending on age of existing building, not sure if existing structure can handle the additional load. Need full engineering calculations. 

Easily abv 100k to max 400k. 

Get an architrct to draw out your dream so u can get a drawing for contractors to quote. Then go for a design n build contractor. 

Instead of engaging an architect, any D&B contractor to recommend that can do the jobs, like drawings, submission to all relevant authorities? 

On ‎9‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 1:31 PM, Cinq said:

Hi, planning to add 1/2 story to my current semiD....don't mind PM me yr reliable contractor. Does anyone know the estimated cost for a job serialcope like this....budgeting purpose 

the cost really depend on many factors:

1. What is the additional area you are adding?

2. Can the existing structure support or you will need to add new supports?

3. The type of materials you want

4. How fast you want to complete the job?

Just like to share an experience that we had with an owner who wish to save a few thousands on pre-work inspection but now forced to spent more than $10K to carry our some works required by the authorities before they give the approvals.  Stranded with renting as cannot move in.