Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
GreenBoi

Full Renovation - Resale Condo

Congrats Greenboi! you must be happy and sad. Happy that it's finally completed and you can't wait to move in. Sad that the challenge is over. Looking forward to your pics.

Btw, do you remember that your old kitchen's wall facing living room had 3 wiring points which is 2 at the left side (top one for hood and single socket, bottom one for single socket) and 1 at the right side. The one at the right side is for what ? I'm now confused whether I should keep the right one since I already have 2 at the left side.

Haha. Im not sure what that one is for as well. My guess is that its for the storage heater in the kitchen.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request
Guest boazchan@gmail.com

hey greenboi.

thanks for the interesting read.

currently going to do up my place to. PM-ed u for your electrician's contact. Grateful if you could reply.

thanks in advance!

hey greenboi.

thanks for the interesting read.

currently going to do up my place to. PM-ed u for your electrician's contact. Grateful if you could reply.

thanks in advance!

Hi Boazchan,

The electrician was arranged by my ID. I will see whether I can get the contact. All the best with your reno!

Hi GreenBoi,

Nice!!! I like your kitchen. Are you able to PM me the reno quote and ID contact? I'm gonna do a full reno soon to a 18yo condo. Most likely gonna hack everything and rewire as well. Also pls PM the cost of your Joven and AO Smith heaters. Thanks..

Hi achtung7,

Thank you!

PM has been sent to you :)

FAN

Haiku 60inch Caramel by Bigassfans

gallery_69098_8_64406.jpg

gallery_69098_8_94367.jpg

I bought my Haiku fan directly from Bigassfans at Park Mall. The installation was done by an authorized installer recommended by Bigassfans. Its advisable for the installation to be done by the authorized installers as it is quite complex. Wrong installation often results in the fan being wobbly/noisy. Bigassfans will charge additional fees for reinstallation if you engage an unauthorized installer. Price wise I dont see much of a difference between buying it directly from Bigassfans or retailers.

Based on my experience at its highest speed, its not as powerful as KDK fans. However, im ok with the wind :) Haiku fans are much more energy efficient than KDK fans.

There are 2 different mounts based on your ceiling height. If your ceiling is more than 290cm, you can go for the longer standard mount (you can go up to fan speed of level 7). If your ceiling is less than 290cm, you will need a shorter mount (up to fan speed of 6).

The price of Haiku 52 inch and 60 inch is the same for some reason.

KDK R48SP

gallery_69098_8_13163.jpg

We got this smaller KDK fan for our master bedroom. Its powerful and windy. Wife likes fan and I like Aircon :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by GreenBoi

FAN

Haiku 60inch Caramel by Bigassfans

gallery_69098_8_64406.jpg

gallery_69098_8_94367.jpg

I bought my Hailu fan directly from Bigassfans at Park Mall. The installation was done by an authorized installer recommended by Bigassfans. Its advisable for the installation to be done by the authorized installers as it is quite complex. Wrong installation often results in the fan being wobbly/noisy. Bigassfans will charge additional fees for reinstallation if you engage an unauthorized installer. Price wise I dont see much of a difference between buying it directly from Bigassfans or retailers.

Based on my experience at its highest speed, its not as powerful as KDK fans. However, im ok with the wind :) Haiku fans are much more energy efficient than KDK fans.

There are 2 different mounts based on your ceiling height. If your ceiling is more than 290cm, you can go for the longer standard mount (you can go up to fan speed of level 7). If your ceiling is less than 290cm, you will need a shorter mount (up to fan speed of 6).

The price of Haiku 52 inch and 60 inch is the same for some reason.

KDK R48SP

gallery_69098_8_13163.jpg

We got this smaller KDK fan for our master bedroom. Its powerful and windy. Wife likes fan and I like Aircon :sport-smiley-018:

Totally agree with your concept but we went for the opposite. Going with a simple KDK or Relite Black AC fan in Dining area but Haiki in our MBR as we sleep without the a/c hence the fan will be on thru the night so an energy saving one would be good. No need too strong as well else to cold so the quiteness and breezy feel of Haiku plus energy efficiency fits best for usage purposes :)

I also jus bought a condo last week

Would u be kind enuff to share you quote and id with me?

Hi Tokara,

Please check your pm :)

Edited by GreenBoi

Totally agree with your concept but we went for the opposite. Going with a simple KDK or Relite Black AC fan in Dining area but Haiki in our MBR as we sleep without the a/c hence the fan will be on thru the night so an energy saving one would be good. No need too strong as well else to cold so the quiteness and breezy feel of Haiku plus energy efficiency fits best for usage purposes :)

Cant wait to see the pics! :)

Water Filtration System

After doing a bit of research, we decided to go with the Hyflux HF1P+. This is a long acting filtration system and can last up to 3-5yrs, depending on your usage. Its placed under the sink and looks quite good. You can buy it from various places, including NTUC. However, I recommend that you purchase it from their retail shop at Bendemeer Road as you will get it at their promotion price which is much cheaper :)

gallery_69098_7_163820.jpg

gallery_69098_7_206448.jpg

gallery_69098_7_148903.jpg

Edited by GreenBoi

DIGITAL LOCK

gallery_69098_8_78694.jpg

We bought our digital lock from AN Digital Lock:

http://www.andigitallock.com/

Both Yale and Samsung has similar features. We went with Yale as we liked the design and stainless steel handle :)

The ones with fingerprint reader is more costly. We went for the one that uses card.

AN Digital is recommended for their professional and fast service.

Overall we feel that this purchase is worth it. No need to rummage through keys to open the door :sport-smiley-018:

Edited by GreenBoi

PURCHASES

gallery_69098_8_60220.jpg

We purchased this Samsung soundbar from Harvey Norman. The sound quality is quite good. Love that I can stream songs from my phone via bluetooth. It comes with a nice subwoofer ;)

gallery_69098_8_105321.jpg

We purchased this nice clock from vhive. Wife dont like the idea of hanging clock.

gallery_69098_8_60209.jpg

Bought this step-ladder from Qoo10 for a good price. It comes with free delivery as well!

gallery_69098_8_158333.jpg

Bought 2 of these cable management boxes to hide all the ugly wires. Another Qoo10 purchase.

gallery_69098_8_102110.jpg

We purchased this TV wall mount together with our TV from Megadiscount Store. It was installed by SgBros. They are quite professional and it was installed real fast :)

https://www.facebook.com/sgbros?fref=photo

Edited by GreenBoi