Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
duomaxwell

Llpl's New House @ Punggol Waterway Brooks

So during the 1st trip, you can go to Tampoi Lighting Centre Sdn. Bhd first to look at lightings and fans before collecting the craftstone on the way back to Singapore.

Will be amazed at the savings you can get for purchasing lightings and fans from Malaysia compared to Singapore. (Which i will share later on the purchase of Philips Downlights from Tampoi Lighting)

2 trips is a feasible idea. Just make sure 2 trips is all you need. I remember 1 box covers 1m2.

If Duomaxwell dont mind, wanna post my brick wall here. :sport-smiley-004:

For lightings, also can consider Taobao, I got mine mainly from TB except for downlights.

Saving from TB is by the hundreds. Yes hundreds! The same light you find in Sing, TB maybe selling at 30% of local price. :fire:

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

They can deliver for a flat fee, think is SGD200 or more. And deliver to site only, not unit. Meaning if up the HDB, is your scope not the delivery.

Delivery is outsource, not seller responsibility, if arrive late, lost, damage, seller will not be responsiible.

Anyway to use delivery kinda defeats the purpose of the saving, especially if you buy small quantity.

Fitting 20 boxes in a SUX sure be doable, with 2 pax, including driver. Lower the back seat, empty the boot as well.

Back sit leg space can fit about 2/4 boxes already. Just remember to go slow, like max 80km/hr, slower if road is bumpy.

Money saved just invest in a trolley, below $100 can get one.Made in Jap type are more costly.

Trolley is great when moving house and shifting the boxes.

Overall is not only about money saved but the satisfaction of getting these done and the involvement in getting your dream home done.

Duomaxwell can share a pointer or two on this part. :jammin:

Wow, didn't know the flat fee delivery charges are S$200. In that case, will not be feasible to opt for this as it will "eat" into the savings which you got from buying Crafbricks from Malaysia.

If the worry is about fitting 20 boxes or more into the vehicle, you can opt for 2 trips (Each trip can fit maybe ~10 boxes. Since the price per box offered by Craftstone Malaysia is the same no matter how many boxes you buy).

So during the 1st trip, you can go to Tampoi Lighting Centre Sdn. Bhd first to look at lightings and fans before collecting the craftstone on the way back to Singapore.

Will be amazed at the savings you can get for purchasing lightings and fans from Malaysia compared to Singapore. (Which i will share later on the purchase of Philips Downlights from Tampoi Lighting)

Thanks. If I order there, they can deliver still to Singapore for a Flat fee? Cause given the recent RM price drop n don't know if TB quality is as good like craft brick. Hard to decide. I'm driving a SUV but I also doubt I can put 20box plus I wanna do two wall. Haha

They can deliver for a flat fee, think is SGD200 or more. And deliver to site only, not unit. Meaning if up the HDB, is your scope not the delivery.

Delivery is outsource, not seller responsibility, if arrive late, lost, damage, seller will not be responsiible.

Anyway to use delivery kinda defeats the purpose of the saving, especially if you buy small quantity.

Fitting 20 boxes in a SUX sure be doable, with 2 pax, including driver. Lower the back seat, empty the boot as well.

Back sit leg space can fit about 2/4 boxes already. Just remember to go slow, like max 80km/hr, slower if road is bumpy.

Money saved just invest in a trolley, below $100 can get one.Made in Jap type are more costly.

Trolley is great when moving house and shifting the boxes.

Overall is not only about money saved but the satisfaction of getting these done and the involvement in getting your dream home done.

Duomaxwell can share a pointer or two on this part. :jammin:

Thanks. If I order there, they can deliver still to Singapore for a Flat fee? Cause given the recent RM price drop n don't know if TB quality is as good like craft brick. Hard to decide. I'm driving a SUV but I also doubt I can put 20box plus I wanna do two wall. Haha

Edited by Ramondocsw

Did the similar arrangement like yours, except it was like 20 plus boxes and met up at the Shell Station just after the custom.

No need to travel all the way in. With 2 pax, manage to further reduce the GST paid.

So with SGD$85 VS RM$110, imagine the savings. Anyway, I got it before the the price hike. Kinda less RM$10 per box then.

Wow. 20 boxes, I already had a hard time squeezing 12 boxes to a sedan car with 2 passenger (excluding driver), cannot imagine getting 20 plus boxes into your vehicle with 1 passenger (excluding driver).

Didn't know knew we can just meet them at the Shell Station, if not will opt for this as we were being advised by them to drive slower than 90 km/h as they told us that one of their customer drove too fast with heavy load and the rear tire burst when the rear fender hit the tire after the car hit a pothole at high speed.

After hearing this from them, i drove back very carefully, always looking out for pothole as i was liable for 2 more lives if something unfortunate happen. Luckily the whole journey was smooth and nothing happened along the way back. :good:

Hi,

Can I check how much is your ID charging you for the "sticking" labour of the craft bricks onto the wall?

Thank you

Errm.. Sorry but i don't have the exact breakup of the cost as the quote provided to me was together with TV feature wall (the borders surrounding the craft bricks) as illustrated in the photo below

2v3sgnp.jpg

Did you declare when you are at Singapore custom for the Gst?

Cause I'm looking at TB va Malaysia cost.

As the car got 3 Singaporeans, we can enjoy S$450 (S$150 x 3) GST tax relief (http://www.customs.gov.sg/leftNav/trav/Duty-free+Concession+and+GST+Relief.html). As such, we will only need to declare GST for goods worth S$72 (~S$522-S$450) which works out to be S$5.04 (S$72 x 7%).

Since Missy wanted a Scandinavian theme for our theme and recently there is a craze to do up brick walls in the living room, we played around with this idea as well. But was taken back after knowing the cost of craft bricks in singapore.

One box cost about S$85 (1 box is 1m2 and if HDB ceiling height is 2.8m, will need 3 boxes for every 1m)

But it is still cheaper than if we are going to purchase from Singapore as 12 boxes will cost S$85 x 12 = S$1020. So we save about S$1020 - S$522 = $498.

We drove in and met the sales personnel at a row of shop house after Kulai toll as she mention that we will get lost if we are going to meet her at their office/factory. Her colleague help us load the 12 boxes of craft bricks onto our car from a pickup truck. Since each box weighted about 21kg, we got to distribute the weight evenly throughout the car as the rear suspension of the car sunk as we loaded 4 boxes into the boot. So the distribution is as follow:

1) 4 x boxes in the boot

2) 5 x boxes in the rear passenger seat

3) 3 x boxes in the front passenger seat

4) 2 x adult (female) in the rear passenger seat

5) 1 x adult in the driver seat

Did the similar arrangement like yours, except it was like 20 plus boxes and met up at the Shell Station just after the custom.

No need to travel all the way in. With 2 pax, manage to further reduce the GST paid.

So with SGD$85 VS RM$110, imagine the savings. Anyway, I got it before the the price hike. Kinda less RM$10 per box then.

Since Missy wanted a Scandinavian theme for our theme and recently there is a craze to do up brick walls in the living room, we played around with this idea as well. But was taken back after knowing the cost of craft bricks in singapore.

One box cost about S$85 (1 box is 1m2 and if HDB ceiling height is 2.8m, will need 3 boxes for every 1m)

29eli0w.jpg

Initially thought of using wallpaper with brick design from taobao (http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.aBnbyx&id=42584311909&ns=1&abbucket=5to get the "look" but Missy did not prefer it as wallpaper does not have the "feel"

2upzhqf.jpg

Luckily, we came across a few thread which home owners went across the causeway to purchase craftbricks as it is cheaper (Cost RM110 per box). Managed to get the telephone no of Craftstone Malaysia @ http://www.craftstone.com.sg/contact-us/. Call them on a Sunday and realised that they are not open on Sundays, as a result need to arrange a weekday or Sat drive into Johor to purchase the craft bricks.

Based on our calculation, we will need to fixed up craft bricks for a length of ~3m (which will require 3 boxes x 3 metres = 9 boxes). We got 3 more boxes as spare / wastage (In total we decided to get 12 boxes) As we made our purchase after the implementation of GST (6%) in Malaysia, We got to pay RM110 x 12 = RM 1320 + 6% = RM 1399.20 (~S$522 [Rate 2.68 as of 3rd April 2015]), an addition of RM79.20 (~S$29.55) for 6% GST.

But it is still cheaper than if we are going to purchase from Singapore as 12 boxes will cost S$85 x 12 = S$1020. So we save about S$1020 - S$522 = $498.

We drove in and met the sales personnel at a row of shop house after Kulai toll as she mention that we will get lost if we are going to meet her at their office/factory. Her colleague help us load the 12 boxes of craft bricks onto our car from a pickup truck. Since each box weighted about 21kg, we got to distribute the weight evenly throughout the car as the rear suspension of the car sunk as we loaded 4 boxes into the boot. So the distribution is as follow:

1) 4 x boxes in the boot

We had a difficult time carrying all the 12 boxes from the car (parked) at the void deck to Missy's house as each box weight about 21kg. Missy and her sister at one time can only carry 1 box while i carried 2 boxes. Luckily we thought of using the trolley which we obtain from the purchase of printer from IT show after the 1st trip and the trolley helped us lessen our burden. It was a great workout to move 12 boxes of craft bricks from the car to Missy's house.

Since we got our own craftbricks, our ID will only be charging us labour for the "sticking" of craftbricks in the living room

2w394sj.jpg

So people, do prepare trolley if there is an intend to purchase craft bricks from Malaysia (or alternative, i understand from other threads that delivery of craftbricks to your doorstep from Malaysia can be arranged with transportation charges)

Hi,

Can I check how much is your ID charging you for the "sticking" labour of the craft bricks onto the wall?

Thank you

29eli0w.jpg

Initially thought of using wallpaper with brick design from taobao (http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.aBnbyx&id=42584311909&ns=1&abbucket=5to get the "look" but Missy did not prefer it as wallpaper does not have the "feel"

2upzhqf.jpg

Luckily, we came across a few thread which home owners went across the causeway to purchase craftbricks as it is cheaper (Cost RM110 per box). Managed to get the telephone no of Craftstone Malaysia @ http://www.craftstone.com.sg/contact-us/. Call them on a Sunday and realised that they are not open on Sundays, as a result need to arrange a weekday or Sat drive into Johor to purchase the craft bricks.

Based on our calculation, we will need to fixed up craft bricks for a length of ~3m (which will require 3 boxes x 3 metres = 9 boxes). We got 3 more boxes as spare / wastage (In total we decided to get 12 boxes) As we made our purchase after the implementation of GST (6%) in Malaysia, We got to pay RM110 x 12 = RM 1320 + 6% = RM 1399.20 (~S$522 [Rate 2.68 as of 3rd April 2015]), an addition of RM79.20 (~S$29.55) for 6% GST.

1) 4 x boxes in the boot

We had a difficult time carrying all the 12 boxes from the car (parked) at the void deck to Missy's house as each box weight about 21kg. Missy and her sister at one time can only carry 1 box while i carried 2 boxes. Luckily we thought of using the trolley which we obtain from the purchase of printer from IT show after the 1st trip and the trolley helped us lessen our burden. It was a great workout to move 12 boxes of craft bricks from the car to Missy's house.

Since we got our own craftbricks, our ID will only be charging us labour for the "sticking" of craftbricks in the living room

2w394sj.jpg

So people, do prepare trolley if there is an intend to purchase craft bricks from Malaysia (or alternative, i understand from other threads that delivery of craftbricks to your doorstep from Malaysia can be arranged with transportation charges)

Next purchase for the house (Kitchen in specific) will be from Grohe again, but this time round, we brought it from Insani24.de instead of locally as the price difference is too huge.

Locally Interior Affairs is selling the Grohe Eurodisc Cosmopolitan Kitchen Mixer @ $488 after 25% discount (usual is $649). But Insani24.de is selling it at €138.66 (~S$206.60) [Rate 1.49 on 29 Mar 2015] http://www.insani24.de/Grohe-Eurodisc-Cosmopolitan-Einhand-Spueltisch-Armatur-herausziehbar-hoher-Auslauf-chrom_1?lang=eng. So i can save $488-$206.60 = $281.40.

Plus, insani24.de is selling Grohe Soap Dispenser at €37.82 (~S$56.35) [Rate 1.49 on 29 Mar 2015] http://www.insani24.de/Grohe-Spuelmittelspender-Cosmopolitan-04l-chrom_1?lang=eng (We couldn't find any place selling Grohe soap dispenser locally, so no means to compare the prices but we believe it is a steal at this price)

All in all, the Grohe Eurodisc Cosmopolitan Kitchen Mixer + Grohe Soap Dispenser + Parcel Service (€45) + Paypal fee (5%) (€8.82) = €230.29 (~S$343.13) [Rate 1.49 on 29 Mar 2015].

We did not source from Amazon as we understand that the size of the piping is different for Grohe products sold in US and SG/Europe. On top of this, the price offered by insani24.de is more attractive than what we saw on Amazon.

xpy63t.jpg

Saw on Straits Time that Bathroom Warehouse having promotion for Grohe 40 344 000 Toilet accessories @ $161 last year (2014) Dec.

As we were at IMM on one fine Sunday and Grohe is having 30% discount that weekend, we dropped by Asia Excel at IMM to enquire on the price for Grohe 40 344 000 Toilet and was shocked to discover that they are selling at $322 (before less 30% and is selling at $225.40 after 30% discount) . Showed the sales personnel the newspaper article which i took and the sales personnel was able to offer the same price which Bathroom Warehouse advertised after checking with the store manager.

Further more, Asia Excel allowed us to change one of the soap dish complete set (Soap Dish & Holder) to Glass Tumbler & Holder (Since the soap dish & Glass Tumbler costed the same)

So brought 2 sets of Grohe 40 344 000 Toilet accessories @ $322 on 21 Dec 2014 (One set for Master Bedroom Toilet, the other for Common Toilet)

Felt that we got a good deal since Amazon (http://amzn.com/B001TVBETU) is selling the same kit at US$120.45 (~S$157 [Rate 1.31]) and insani24.de (http://www.insani24.de/Accessiores-Set-Grohe-Essentials_1) is selling it at €170 (~S$272 [Rate 1.60]). Rates is based on 21 Dec 2014.

j97z2u.jpg

Edited by duomaxwell

Like some of the bloggers here, we purchase some of our furnitures from Taobao as well. Started buying from taobao since Feb 2015 (Currently all the purchases are stored in Missy's place while waiting for collection of keys for our new place)

2v35zb7.jpg

1) 4 x Dining Chairs (RMB 193 each ~ S$42.88 [Rate = S$1 to RMB$4.5]) - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=42570446873&spm=a1z09.2.9.136.KDcBiA&_u=826mtgf0e447

Brought a total of 4 dining chairs (Each different colour, Red, White, Blue, Yellow

35a0ms6.jpg

2) Green Swivel Chair (RMB 295 ~ S$65.55 [Rate = S$1 to RMB$4.5]) - http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.288.KDcBiA&id=40314925673&_u=826mtgf0e119

For Bedroom 3

709t87.jpg

3) Chair with strips (RMB 164 ~ S$36.44 [Rate = S$1 to RMB$4.5])- http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a1z09.2.9.102.KDcBiA&id=39513798750&_u=826mtgf0fa59

2rz9bis.jpg

4) Stool for walk in wardrobe (RMB 97 ~ S$21.55 [Rate = S$1 to RMB$4.5]) - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=23785224195&spm=a1z09.2.9.210.KDcBiA&_u=826mtgf0ca59&skuId=28025458710

2qaqwev.jpg

5) 2x Bar Stool (RMB 214 each ~ S$47.55 [Rate = S$1 to RMB$4.5]) - http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=18856226223&spm=a1z09.2.9.222.KDcBiA&_u=826mtgf09b9a&skuId=34582797999

2m5xdut.jpg

Edited by duomaxwell

Since there are changes to the theme of the house and the design of the house, there will be requirement to make amendments to the contract and the changes are as follow:

A Living/Dining/Maids Room

1 To design & construct false ceiling w/ cove lighting effect

2 To design & construct est. L 12.5ft full ht partition wall using gypsum board

3 To supply & install normal wooden door frame

4 To design & construct est L 9ft full ht display / shoe cabinet using solid-ply laminate

5 To design & construct est L 8.5ft full ht Tv feature wall using solid-ply laminate

6 To design & construct est L 8.5ft suspended Tv console using solid-ply laimate c/w internal polyester

7 To design & construct est L 9.5ft full ht mirror featured wall using solid-ply laminate & mirror c/w pivot door

8 To design & construct est L 6.5ft full ht wardrobe using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester

9 To supply & install semi solid veneer door w/lever handle & hinges

A Living & Dining Area

1 To design & construct est L 4ft full ht display cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w glass door (max 10pcs glass shelving)

2 To design & construct est L 5ft full ht cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w partial open shelve

3 To design & construct est L 5ft full ht partition wall using gypsum board c/w open shelve (Depth 100mm +/-)

4 To design & construct est L 5.5f settee bench w/storage using solid-ply laminate

5 To design & construct est L 5.5f half ht backing using solid-ply laminate (Ht 750mm)

6 To design & construct est L 5.5ft craftstone on top settee backing c/w chalkboard paint (labour to lay craftstone only)

7 To design & construct L 8.5ft full ht Tv feature wall using solid-ply laminate boarder (labour to lay craftstone only)

B Kitchen / Service Yard

1 To supply labour to hack est L 8 ft half ht existing wall (Subject to HDB Approval)

2 To supply labour to make good damaged area

3 To design & construct kitchen cabinet base, fridge base, washing machine base w/tiles finishing

4 To design & construct est L 19 ft top & 15.5ft btm kitchen cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w:

I Anti slam drawers

II Anti slam hinges

III Stainless Steel Dish rack

IV To install cooker & cooker hood

V Internal polyester

5 To design & construct est L 4 ft ht cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester

6 To supply & install est L 15.5 ft quartz top for kitchen work top c/w back splash (caesarstone)

7 To supply & install est L 15.5 ft tempered spray painted glass in between top & bottom kitchen cabinet

8 To supply & install est L 8 ft divider using 10mm thick tempered clear glass (1500mm ht)

9 To supply & install est L 3.5 ft swing door using 10mm thick tempered clear glass w/handle

B Kitchen / Service Yard

1 To supply labour to hack est L 8ft full ht existing wall (Subject to HDB Approval)

2 To supply labour to dismantle existing folding door, window & hack est L 4ft half ht existing wall

3 To supply labour to make good damaged area

4 To supply &construct kitchen cabinet base, fridge base & washing machine base

5 To design & construct est L 11ft top & 13.5ft btm kitchen cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w: (As per original contract)

6 To design & construct est L 6ft full ht cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester

7 To supply & install est L 13.5ft kompacplus work top on top of kitchen cabinet

8 To supply & install est L 7.5ft kompacplus backing in between top & btm kitchen cabinet

9 To supply & install est L 5.5ft kompacplus backing on top of kitchen cabinet (est H 1700mm)

10 To supply & install est L 4ft half ht fixed clear glass panel using 10mm thick tempered glass

11 To supply & install bifold tempered glass door c/w partial sand plaster design

12 To design & construct est L 8ft bar counter using solid-ply laminate (Ht 1000mm) (2sided finishing)

13 To Supply & install est L 8ft kompacplus work top on top of bar counter

C Master Bedroom

1 To design & construct false ceiling w/cover lighting effect

2 To design & construct est L 12 ft full ht wardrobe suing solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester

3 To supply & install est L 6 ft full ht partition w/ sliding door using 10mm thick tempered tinted glass

4 To design & construct est L 6 ft suspended Tv feature wall using soild-ply laminate (1200m ht)

5 To supply & install est L 2ft full ht clear mirror (FOC)

C Master Bedroom

1 To design & construct est L 2.5ft full ht partition wall using gypsum board

2 To design & construct est L 2ft Tv console using solid-ply laminate (Ht 1200mm)

3 To extend clear mirror to 3ft full ht (FOC)

D Bedroom 2

1 To design & construct est L 5.5 ft full ht wardrobe using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester

2 To design & construct est L 2.5 ft suspended dressing / study table w/ drawers using solid-ply laminate

E Bedroom 3

1 To design & construct est L 6 ft full ht wardrobe using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester

2 To design & construct est L 7.5 ft suspended Tv feature wall using soild-ply laminate (1200m ht)

3 To design & construct est L 2 ft suspended TV console using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester

4 To design & construct est L 2 ft dresser table using solid-ply laminate c/w internal polyester

5 To design & construct est L 3.5 ft full ht partition using gypsum board

F Master Bathroom

1 To supply labour to dismantle existing bathroom accessories (FOC)

2 To design & construct bathtub base w/tiles finishing (Max $3.40 psf)

3 To design & construct est L 2.5 ft suspended vanity cabinet using acrylic

4 To design & construct est L 4.5 ft suspended mirror cabinets using solid-ply laminate w/ mirror (1200mm ht)

5 To supply & install est L 2.5 ft solid surface c/w back splash on top of vanity cabinet

6 To supply & install fixed panel using 10mm thick tempered clear glass

F Master Bathroom

1 To supply & overlay homogeneous wall tiles (max $3.40 psf)

2 To supply & overlay homogeneous floor tiles (max $3.40 psf)

3 To design & construct est L 5 ft suspended vanity cabinet using acrylic

4 To supply & install est L 5.5 ft kompacplus on top of vanity cabinet

5 To design & construct est L 5.5 ft suspended mirror cabinet using solid-ply laminate c/w mirror (1200mm ht)

6 To supply & install ventilation fan

G Common Bathroom

1 To supply labour to dismantle existing bathroom accessories (FOC)

2 To design & construct shower curb w/ tiles finishing

3 To design & construct est L 2.5 ft suspended vanity cabinet using acrylic

4 To design & construct est L 2.5 ft suspended mirror cabinet using solid-ply laminate w / mirror (1200mm ht)

5 To supply & install est L 2.5 ft solid surface c/w back splash on top on vanity cabinet

6 To supply & install shower screen using 10mm thick tempered clear glasss (L-Shape)

G Common Bathroom

1 To supply & overlay homogeneous wall tiles (max $3.40 psf)

2 To supply & overlay homogeneous floor tiles (max $3.40 psf)

3 To supply & install est L 2.5 ft kompacplus on top of vanity cabinet

4 To supply & install ventilation fan

H Miscellaneous works

1 To paint whole unit interior wall using NIPPON / ICI paint (no limit of colour)

2 To lay cardboard protection for working areas

3 To chemical wash the whole unit

4 To clear & discard debris

I Professional Services

1 Design Consolation

2 Space planning

3 3D perspective & detail drawings

4 Material & colour proposal

5 Site Management / Project management

To provide internal polyester or high rated PVC for all carpentry internal storage

To provide blum soft closing runner track for all drawers

To provide soft closing hinges & AA track for all the carpentry

Legend:

Red & strike thru item are removed from contract

Green are new items added