Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Syahfizah Nabilah

Service Yard Piping

Need help. SOS!!!

I notice that the service yard piping (For washing machine) water presure is very low. Does anyone happens to know where is the switch to increase and decrease the water presure. I can do that for the rest of the pipes (kitchen and 2 bathrooms) but not the service yard. Where is the switch can be?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

You will need to trace the pipe and find out if there is a valve installed somewhere along the piping. Will be hard if the pipes are conceal in the wall.

But could it be that the tap (that the water machine water-in hose is connected to) is the water efficient type and is limiting the flow?

I actually read the piping plan of my house. But after reading your comment about the water effecient type tape, it gave me a thinker that it could be it too. The water tape is nicely "sealed" to the wall that you can't even change the tape DIY. But I'm sure that there should be a valve to that tape. Have to continue searching.

Some of the water efficient tap has an added piece of membrane/button (with a few holes on it). It acts to add more restriction at the opening so that the flow rate is decrease. This piece of membrane/button can be remove (for some).

Most tap opening can be unscrew to remove the timble. That is where they install it. You might want to check it out.

I actually bought a tap from Malaysia (non water efficient type) just for the water machine because slower flowrate does not save water (in the case of washing machine) and takes longer to wait for it fill up to the machine requirement (resulting in more electricity used).

But the rest of my house, I use the water efficient taps.

Good Luck.

Finally!!! I did what I have to... Remove the existing pipe in the service yard, and found not only 1 but 2 timble that force the water to run slow. After fixing it back, I had a full blast water from the tape, and my washing machine do not have these weird "E4" error code (water supply issue) again. I even can wash the service yard with a long hose! Thanks to all members giving me the tips!

Bro, your place is HDB BTO or private condo? 2 timble?

I install just 1 timble in my bathroom sink tap and my wife already screaming that water flow is too small.... I actually had to take it off and punch a few more holes to increase the flowrate.

Anyway, good that your problem is solve. Enjoy your washing.