Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

The kitchen looks super compact, and 1/3 taken up by entrance & windows. Interested to know what sort of layout design your I'd has for you.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

hihi everyone...

really sorry.. been real busy right after our vacation with multiple business trips… finally can “eat a small snake” during office hour again.. hehe..

Our home is almost ready!!

At least our wardrobe is up… Workmanship is not as perfect as what we hope for.. but overall look and feel we are loving it!

Here is a pic of our wardrobe:

gallery_69443_798_195257.jpg

Have a good evening!

@ Donno, will share with you on our final kitchen layout in the next post.
…H

The kitchen looks super compact, and 1/3 taken up by entrance & windows. Interested to know what sort of layout design your I'd has for you.

Hi Donno,

Indeed the kitchen is really small. I guess HDB don't encourage family to cook at home nowadays? lol :P

Anyway there are a few layouts for the kitchen the IDs and contractors we met proposed. Main difference is where to put the fridge.

1. Put the fridge at the window location - which we objected straight away because our home is very WARM and currently wind is coming from that direction. And we want a bright kitchen so will try not to block any natural light sources.
  2. Hack away the wall to the service yard and put the fridge in the service yard. This will make the kitchen looks bigger. But will also means that we will have to install windows at the service yard. If not, the fridge will be dusty. – option out too because I cannot accept the concept of having a fridge in the service yard. Just looks weird to me. Maybe only me I guess.
  3. At the location we've chosen

Here is the layout of our kitchen (almost completed. Left only some plumbing work to be done):

gallery_69443_798_39649.jpg

…view from service yard…

gallery_69443_798_95499.jpg

…view from entrance…

cheers, H

Edited by HnM

Humm .. Is your fridge going to be next to the louver windows? Won't it block the natural lighting & airflow from service yard? Also, saw that you have countertops in front of the casement windows, is it easily reach to open & close them?

Humm .. Is your fridge going to be next to the louver windows? Won't it block the natural lighting & airflow from service yard? Also, saw that you have countertops in front of the casement windows, is it easily reach to open & close them?

Yes you are right. Our fridge will be blocking the louver window. But after weighing the pros and cons, that’s the most ideal location to put the fridge we think.

The casement window if fully open, my wife will not be able to close it. For me, I will need to stretch to close it. I will buy her an umbrella to close the windows… hehe :lol:

cheers, H

Hi Donno,

No actually, that will involve changing the location of the water piping and the depth of that ingress at the current sink area is smaller than the other side.

Really love how your place has an additional window in the kitchen. Makes the place more airy! Is this for all units in your development?

Yep babymonsta, think all of us have that window but with that, it does pose some problem with the placement of the cabinets etc :)

I am not sure if is a good idea to have that kitchen window. In such a compact kitchen, usually entrance is in the middle, so that one can fully make use of both walls. But, in this layout, it still has to cater for a door, add a window? I look at it, only 2x2m of wall is useable. Yet, one is required to build more "wall" within this tight space to place a fridge, since the only wall is taken up by a sink. Claustrophobia leh.

anymore updates? we nearly engage posh home too but the quote is way above our budget. the designer assigned to us is Edgar.

On 23/12/2016 at 10:36 PM, d3n said:

anymore updates? we nearly engage posh home too but the quote is way above our budget. the designer assigned to us is Edgar.

Our ID is Edgar too, still pending his quotation. So far how did you find him and his ideas?