Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LJX2015

Looking For Contractors For Renovation Works

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,I recommend you this person is good. Please contact her if you interested. You told that is Ker recommend, so she will give you cheaper. 8118xxxx

Hi,I recommend you this person is good. Please contact her if you interested. You told that is Ker recommend, so she will give you cheaper. 8118xxxx

pls pm her contact

I have just completed my home reno (hacking of kitchen & bathroom), and I engaged a contractor, without ID service, but my contractor did give us some advise on the reno works.

I do not like engaging those prestigious ID companies that invest a lot on advertisements, and because they do not advertise a lot, so the charges are rather reasonable.

I did some major reno works at that time, and we are still staying in the house, so it was very, very difficult for us living with all the dirty dusts....however, my contractor did their very best to help me complete all the reno works in less than 3 weeks and was quite patient with me. He also sent in his guys to work on public holidays, so that the work can be completed sooner.

His guys also cleaned up the mess and washed our floors pretty well.

When there was something not very well done, his guys would come up the next day to correct the flaws.

Overall, during that period, my contractor was pretty approachable, sometimes late at night I whatsapp him and he will still reply to me. He had to go on compassionate leave in between, and he has a backup colleague that helped him to continue our reno works, so there will be no delay or impact on our project.

If anyone wishes to have their contact, just pm me.

• Like 1

Hi Kwaytan, could you PM me your contact as i too am on a tight budget and skipping designer & source for good contractors for my new house... Thanks

I have just completed my home reno (hacking of kitchen & bathroom), and I engaged a contractor, without ID service, but my contractor did give us some advise on the reno works.

I do not like engaging those prestigious ID companies that invest a lot on advertisements, and because they do not advertise a lot, so the charges are rather reasonable.

I did some major reno works at that time, and we are still staying in the house, so it was very, very difficult for us living with all the dirty dusts....however, my contractor did their very best to help me complete all the reno works in less than 3 weeks and was quite patient with me. He also sent in his guys to work on public holidays, so that the work can be completed sooner.

When there was something not very well done, his guys would come up the next day to correct the flaws.

Overall, during that period, my contractor was pretty approachable, sometimes late at night I whatsapp him and he will still reply to me. He had to go on compassionate leave in between, and he has a backup colleague that helped him to continue our reno works, so there will be no delay or impact on our project.

Hi can you PM me your contact... I too am skipping the ID service and looking for realiable contractors to be my house... Thanks :)

Can pm me the contact? I wanted di some minor renovation so do not need a ID. Thanks.

Dear Friends,

I would share my ID selection thought process with everyone.

Visit Renotalk, read all the thread, see nice pics or comments and then get the ID contact through pm and meet up with ID. Meet one not enough, meet more and more and more. Eventually I got tired because of the long discussion each time. With time, I begin to realize that all the quotes the same. This item more ex, that item more ex and in the end all will cancel out each other. Sometime the bad ones will do hidden costing which you may not know until you have signed the dotted line. Eventually because of work schedule and personal time commitment, I had to give up and stop totally.

My ID also did a wonderful job with 4-room flat 1.5 year back which I had obtained his contact from my wife’s colleague and had 'highly recommend' their IDs for their landed home. You got to pick someone who you will be comfortable working with for the renovation, is attentive to details, and willing to make changes, and provide good value pricing. He is a champion ID in my view, and delivery came in under budget and way above my expectations.

During the process of the renovation, I was totally relaxed and happy even though I was away in US on honeymoon with my wife. My ID would diligently send us photos of the renovation via whatsapp every few days for the 2 weeks I was in US. I can totally trust my ID as he was reliable and came by on almost a daily basis to supervise the renovation. The handover was on schedule as I wanted it to be completed before the Chinese New Year. Subsequently, I had referred him to a few of my close friends and they have also given me good feedbacks and review about him as well.

Happy to share details if anyone require of his services.

PS: Sometimes in the course of comparing the different IDs via the their quotations, you should be mindful if the quotation is below market price. Just a while back, I had visited a friend at his newly renovated home. They went through the same process and in the end decided that they would choose the ID that provided the cheapest quotation. This turn out worse decision that they had made, they had to keep reminding the ID to do the rectifications etc. They told me they would rather just had paid the normal market price to have a peace of mind rather than to do the follow-up all the time. They even had to draw out time schedule for the ID to visit their home.

Hi Caleb,

Can share the contact of your ID?