Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi,

Can anyone share your flooring quotation for homogeneous tiles with the new pre-packed screed.

I got 4 quotations for a 4 room bto flat for living room + 3 bedrooms.

Is the pricings reasonable? Pls recommend your tiler if they have good workmanship.

1. $8400 (tiles of $3.20psf)

2. $7800 (tiles of $2.80 psf)

3. $7500 (GST not included yet, company charge GST, tiles of $3.80psf)

4. $8300 (tiles of $3.50psf)

Edited by bsxk

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi.

My ID quoted me this for 5room BTO approx 950

Supply labour and material to lay 3 in 1 prepack cement @Living, Dining and 3 Bedroom $4,163.25
Supply labour and material to lay 600mm x600mm homogeneous floor tiles and skirting @Living and Dining $3,588
Supply labour and material to lay 300mm x 150 mm homogeneous floor tiles and skirting @3 Bedrooms $4,140

Hi.

My ID quoted me this for 5room BTO approx 950

Supply labour and material to lay 3 in 1 prepack cement @Living, Dining and 3 Bedroom $4,163.25

Supply labour and material to lay 600mm x600mm homogeneous floor tiles and skirting @Living and Dining $3,588

Supply labour and material to lay 300mm x 150 mm homogeneous floor tiles and skirting @3 Bedrooms $4,140

Thanks for sharing. Wow urs add up to $11+k. But it seems your labour and cement screed cost is quite cheap. One of my quotation the labour and screed matl add up to $4+k using floor area 730. The flooring cost us a huge bomb. Edited by bsxk

yeah crazy. I'm not going with this ID. i don't believe it's that expensive.

i think it should be somewhere between $7-8k to be reasonable.

While I did not opt in to it, the OCS component for flooring of a 5rm BTO was quoted as $6100, although that was in 2012. So agree with McMoo that we should try to find quotations somewhere along 7-8k, with assumptions that only the price of screed doubled but not the tiles themselves.

Seriously, shouldn't price of a pack of pre-packed screed be standardised? And as for labor, doesn't all involved in tiling works go through the same course in BCA? :dunno:

Thanks for sharing. Wow urs add up to $11+k. But it seems your labour and cement screed cost is quite cheap. One of my quotation the labour and screed matl add up to $4+k using floor area 730. The flooring cost us a huge bomb.

One of my quote was 8dollar psf and over 800 over sf. Total 6400 just for the cement screed.... the entire house flooring cost 19k in total... i was laughing and thinking... lol

There are many brands of cement screed in the market. Not possible to standardize.

Better workmanship of tiler also command a higher labour charge. Workmanship of HDB's contractor really CMI.

Last time is using OPC (ordinary portland cement) + sand. That is much cheaper than pre-packed screed.

While I did not opt in to it, the OCS component for flooring of a 5rm BTO was quoted as $6100, although that was in 2012. So agree with McMoo that we should try to find quotations somewhere along 7-8k, with assumptions that only the price of screed doubled but not the tiles themselves.

Seriously, shouldn't price of a pack of pre-packed screed be standardised? And as for labor, doesn't all involved in tiling works go through the same course in BCA? :dunno:

I agreed with u on the std price for the pre-packed screed, and i put the question to hdb. I was told there are a lot of suppliers for this screed and some are under hdb and some are not. They say if they are to control the pricing the cost will pass to consumers, us. But without controlling the pricing all these cost are still pass to us. Dunno what they talking abt. So hdb ask me to get more quotes to compare.

But why hdb still can offer low cost flooring for new bto flats. My parents just book a 3rm bto flat completion date in 2018. Flooring is 3.5k.

Edited by bsxk

But mine is 4rm and already 7-8k. If u can find cheaper quote, do keep me in the loop.

Yeah sure no problem. Will update here whenever i get new quotations.

Just in:

another quotation received from ID and here it is:

Supply tiles for common area & rooms floor, 850 sqft, $3/psf, 15% wastage $2933

Deliver & supply sand, adhesive, cement, hollow-block & waterproofing materials $1170

To tile, using pre-packed screed, common area & rooms flooring with skirting, 850sqft $3570

This ID stated 850sqft though. Mine is 5rm and previous ID quoted me based on 950sqft.

Just in:

Deliver & supply sand, adhesive, cement, hollow-block & waterproofing materials $1170

To tile, using pre-packed screed, common area & rooms flooring with skirting, 850sqft $3570

This ID stated 850sqft though. Mine is 5rm and previous ID quoted me based on 950sqft.

This is much cheaper. Can pm me the id company and contact?

Just in:

Hi

I think your ID just breakdown to confuse you, first 15% wastage is bit too high, 2nd if added the total is $7673 and divide with 850sqft is $9.

Nowadays, tiling is so much expensive. Luckily my gf did her flooring 2 years ago after getting her keys, which was much cheaper.