Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Hi all, finally decided to start a blog here to share my reno journey of my old resell 4 rooms HDB.

After paying rent for over 7 years I am super excited I can finally have a place for my own, can't wait to collect my key this Friday.

So now is time to look for ID (I know I should have start early, but I only know that I can do that way before I got my key this week TT),

this are the ID I shortlisted, really hope will find one that I really can work with.

1. Artis Room

2. Eighty Two

3. Space Factor

4. The Design Practice

5. Box ID Studio

6. three-d conceptwerke

Anyone of you work with them before? Feel free to comment and give suggestion, look forward for all of your input.

Edited by nextstep

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Finally set all the time with the ID, going to be a crazy meeting this coming week.

Will keep you guys update on the progress and review with the IDs.

So this is my home floor plan, located at AMK

8e6b22dd-199b-4f1a-ac36-96da9d452f06_zps

Here is some of the photos taken on the inspection day. The condition of the house is very old, really hope can get it done beautifully.

Finger cross :jammin:

JPEG%20image-8C667F72FC26-1_zps0ki1szfk.

Edited by nextstep

Hi nextstep, good luck with your meetings next week and hope you find a good ID to work with on your new home!

Thank you very much eastlovin. Yes need lots of luck on that.

Meeting the IDs

Space Factor - Meet up xmixx & Jxxxb this afternoon,

the 2 hours meeting are very pleasant, overall I really feel that they take time listened to what I want, and try to find out my lifestyle.

Not to sure is it a normal practice, but they told me they will give the space planning to review in 2 weeks before show me the quotation.

This coming week they will go over the unit to take some measurement and take photo of that unit.

Since it's a bachelor pad, you may want to consider merging both toilets to allow more space for shower n vanity carpentry.

Since it's a bachelor pad, you may want to consider merging both toilets to allow more space for shower n vanity carpentry.

Thanks for the idea, was thinking about that too. End up I might want to rent out one of the room for some stable income to cover the cost of reno, so I end up give up the idea for a big Shower. Sad :(

After a months and hours of meeting with ID, I think I am close to make my choice of ID this coming week.

After the I sign the quotation I think is bette to sent out an email to all the ID I met to thank than for their effort and times to show me their work.

Will keep you guys posted whats next.

Hi all, finally decided to start a blog here to share my reno journey of my old resell 4 rooms HDB.

After paying rent for over 7 years I am super excited I can finally have a place for my own, can't wait to collect my key this Friday.

So now is time to look for ID (I know I should have start early, but I only know that I can do that way before I got my key this week TT),

this are the ID I shortlisted, really hope will find one that I really can work with.

1. Artis Room

2. Eighty Two

3. Space Factor

4. The Design Practice

5. Box ID Studio

6. three-d conceptwerke

Anyone of you work with them before? Feel comment and give suggestion, look forward for all of your input.

Hi sorry saw this t blog late but I met both artis room and three d and handed my project to three d in the end.

Let's see what your final decision is?

Who did you met up with at three d bcos I know the admin assigns the ID to the enquiry unless you know who you want already.

Hi sorry saw this t blog late but I met both artis room and three d and handed my project to three d in the end.

Let's see what your final decision is?

Who did you met up with at three d bcos I know the admin assigns the ID to the enquiry unless you know who you want already.

I met with Jack from three d, I have to say his is good. How about you? Who is the designer that you spoken to three d? You house look nice from what I can see from the 3D on your post. Love and wish to get a Haiku fan as well but how much is it?

Hi! I had my 4 room resale done up by three-d. Am also staying alone. :). I must say their workmanship is good. Everything went quite smoothly. Although some small hiccups here and there, but nothing major.

Bought a Haiku fan. Black. I think I paid about $1,200 for it.

Edited by kaisermisaki

Hi! I had my 4 room resale done up by three-d. Am also staying alone. :). I must say their workmanship is good. Everything went quite smoothly. Although some small hiccups here and there, but nothing major.

Bought a Haiku fan. Black. I think I paid about $1,200 for it.

nice, looks like lots of Three D kaki here ya, hehe will see I am going to be one of the kaki or not :P

I think I might just go for dyson fan that come with air purifier, simply because I am an aircon person ><

Shopping Day

Today went to Paragon and Taka take a look, visited BoConcept and Commute

Like some of the design, took back a copy of BoConcept catalog, will need to really read on that.

Also went to Best Denki at Taka to check out Fridges, love the Hitachi design and like the idea that it have the vacuum function but the price is a bit at the high side.

Anyone here using Hitachi fridge? Any comment?

I shortlisted this 3 model.

r-sf45ems.jpg?sfvrsn=0

r-e5000s.jpg?sfvrsn=0

r-s42ems.jpg?sfvrsn=0

Edited by nextstep