Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

The normal response from ID or contractor would be if its going to box up or covered by feature wall etc, the trunking or wall finish is not a concern. But next time when we home owner want to change design, we will have to spend extra to have this imperfection corrected.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

The normal response from ID or contractor would be if its going to box up or covered by feature wall etc, the trunking or wall finish is not a concern. But next time when we home owner want to change design, we will have to spend extra to have this imperfection corrected.

I do understand where they come from, but I told him is my personal preference and I don't want to have any existing paint left the house.

but after I flag this and he had agree to get it fixed and will sent me a photo before the wall are being box up.

so I think we are good.

So now just wait for his update

FYI, I believe that IXISS model has got manufacturing flaw....opinion further backed by 2 independent plumbers...who had to replace these for me.......

FYI, I believe that IXISS model has got manufacturing flaw....opinion further backed by 2 independent plumbers...who had to replace these for me.......

Oic, that is not a good new, but seems I have done the purchases so just use and see how it go. If really that bad than no choice get it fixed.

By the way what parts that need to be replace?

Edited by nextstep

This evening got a msg from my ID told me my feedback had be rectified and he also sent me a photo on it.

Really glad that he act on it so fast.

All the trunking are nicely done up and the wall are plastered as my request.

IMG_9639_zpsjff8loqq.jpg

Oic, that is not a good new, but seems I have done the purchases so just use and see how it go. If really that bad than no choice get it fixed.

By the way what parts that need to be replace?

2 sets of the same model crack in the same manner at the exact same location, both within a year of installation (brand new set). Too coincidental imo. Initial sales, like very nice, but after sales service was a pain to deal with....will not be going back there nor recommending anyone to get their brand. In any case, you've already purchased yours and install, so just use for now. Who knows you might have better luck than me :)

2 sets of the same model crack in the same manner at the exact same location, both within a year of installation (brand new set). Too coincidental imo. Initial sales, like very nice, but after sales service was a pain to deal with....will not be going back there nor recommending anyone to get their brand. In any case, you've already purchased yours and install, so just use for now. Who knows you might have better luck than me :)

Thanks for the info tessera, all I need now is keep my finger cross.

Day 24

Looks like the wet works is going to end soon. Here is some of the update after I went over to take a look in the evening.

- All window had be replace.

- Tile in the MBR toilets is up.

- City gas pipes are in.

- Rewiring is about 70% completed.

- Grouting of the tiles for the kitchen wall is done.

FullSizeRender_zpssxzvoceb.jpg

IMG_9581_zpstrnj3ecx.jpg

Love the black tiles with white grout

IMG_9585_zpsfvbnk0fd.jpg

because the toilet is so small so go for off white colour tiles.

FullSizeRender_zps8lb4sati.jpg

I also make the payment for my basin, kitchen sink and hob.

but Teka told me the hob that I like got no stock, eta is end Jan :(:~

reno is looking good!!! you got all your hob from teka? by the way when your reno will complete?

It's okay, I think a lot of us took a risk with our WCs (albeit mine wasn't IXISS) so go in faith that it'll be alright!! :)

Small but steady steps, hopefully your next update will be even more fun!

reno is looking good!!! you got all your hob from teka? by the way when your reno will complete?

Thanks Twinkecloud, I only get the the kitchen basin and my cooker hob from Teka.

The reason I going for the hob is because the hard glass, I still prefer hard glass than a tempered glass.

I didn't rush my ID but things are moving kinda fast now, I told my ID don't rush, as long it complete by end of Jan I will be good.

It's okay, I think a lot of us took a risk with our WCs (albeit mine wasn't IXISS) so go in faith that it'll be alright!! :)

Small but steady steps, hopefully your next update will be even more fun!

Ya sometime also see the luck lor. Since I read a few blogger give good review I just go for it.

I think I keep taking baby steps, will give u guys more update soon.

Thanks Twinkecloud, I only get the the kitchen basin and my cooker hob from Teka.

The reason I going for the hob is because the hard glass, I still prefer hard glass than a tempered glass.

I didn't rush my ID but things are moving kinda fast now, I told my ID don't rush, as long it complete by end of Jan I will be good.

hey nextstep,

y hard glass instead of tempered glass care to share your opinion?

HELLO FELLOW RENOTALK USERS!

STAND A CHANCE to win $100 CASH VOUCHER by participating in RENOTALK'S PEOPLE CHOICE AWARD!

All you need to do is sign in & vote for ONE of your favorite renovation design! ONE lucky winner will be chosen from the MOST popular project!

Valid from 2nd November 2015 - 15th November 2015.

hey nextstep,

y hard glass instead of tempered glass care to share your opinion?

I go for hard glass (ceramic glass) is because for what I know the hard glass can take more longer hours cooking (like double boiling, double boiling soup) as I know my mom will visit and she will like her old style of cooking

so I go for this kind of glass.

But again I also told by some people that they can do it on a tempered glass hob, but again with the warning logo on the hob I don't feel so comfortable about it.

Day 30

Really can't believe that it had been 1 months since they start work, wonder how long this renovation will last.

With a new boss, I am so busy that I don't really have time to go visit.

This morning my ID sent me some photo, and if possible I will go down to visit tomorrow evening as well.

Boxing up the wall

False ceiling work

Rewiring is complete

So here is some of the photo

IMG_9691_zpst7bcahe5.jpg

IMG_9693_zpsib2awplh.jpg

IMG_9689_zpsr7gz00mi.jpg

IMG_9688_zpsgc1fd3sy.jpg

IMG_9690_zpsc2wigwgt.jpg

IMG_9686_zpseamivucq.jpg

IMG_9701_zpscmo2hqlb.jpg

IMG_9698_zpsmg9ggrhy.jpg

IMG_9697_zpsgrnjpz52.jpg

Bad News

Got a call from Gain City this afternoon, the sales person told that my aircon fan coil unit is out of stock,

the ETA for the next batch of stock will be end Jan, with my hob also running out of stock and also with the same ETA

So now what's really worry me is can I move in before CNY? :dunno: :(

Edited by nextstep