Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Congrats! your place will start to take shape once the carpentry comes in!

Bing Biang Boom! Fast and furious!

thank you thank you, can't wait for it to come but mean time also a bit panic.

But I know after that everything will be super fast liao, maybe by end of DEC all will done. (But my hob and aircon still got no news yet hahaha)

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Teka Hob has no stock? I am hopping to move into my flat by 20th December so better go and reserve one of that sleek looking hob.

I dont mind to share 1 CBM for TB. I have a contact for 410/cbm but I dont know if it is any good a s a friend is using it for his furniture

Day 33 - Shopping Day

Today my ID going for his holiday, before he leave Singapore he give me a "final notice" ask me to get my shopping done,

so today spend lots of time trying to get my shopping done.

1. Lighting Done

2. Blum 50% done, order put in but can't make payment due to the system is not working on the weekend :(

I also travel to Expo take a look of the Great Electronics Expo, but really not so impressive do walk out empty handed, since I am there I swing over to "Good to be Home" exhibition at Hall 7. Only found a cabinet that I like (so sorry forgot to take photo), but I think I need to get it customise it to fit my living room size and get the colour that I like.

Online Shopping - Amazon

Just place some item from Amazon, I think I am going to buy more soon.

Hansgrohe Towel Bar for MBR Bathroom

31jpGv7LSbL.jpg

Axor Bouroullec Double Hook for MBR Bathroom

axor-bouroullec-double-hook_im_500.jpg

Renotalk Blogger Fav simplehuman Sink Caddy

simplehuman-sink-caddy.jpg

can share what does this sink cabby do? looks impressive n nice.. hehe

I think its just to hold ur washing stuff like sponge. Below have some holes for the water to drip back into the sink. I saw this at Howards and im also going to get it!

hc28 is right, the sink cabby will hold your sponge and the one I get can hold the brush as well.

Here is the link from Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/simplehuman-Sink-Caddy-Stainless-Steel/dp/B002WGHKWQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1447346030&sr=8-4&keywords=simplehuman

Actually I want to buy this one (this model without the brush holder), but I don't know why it doesn't allowed to do international shipping so I go for the cabby.

http://www.amazon.com/simplehuman-Slim-Caddy-Stainless-Steel/dp/B003VWL6TI/ref=pd_sim_201_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41VMfEvsvAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=16RCETJQTX15YZEQ43RD

I think its just to hold ur washing stuff like sponge. Below have some holes for the water to drip back into the sink. I saw this at Howards and im also going to get it!

Yep I saw lots of Renokaki got it, so I copy cat :P

I did try to check it out at Howards, really like the feel of it.

But twinklecloud and hc28, quote bro Ocean Eleven said " remember to take it out to wash frequently"

Teka Hob has no stock? I am hopping to move into my flat by 20th December so better go and reserve one of that sleek looking hob.

I dont mind to share 1 CBM for TB. I have a contact for 410/cbm but I dont know if it is any good a s a friend is using it for his furniture

Ya Teka Hob no stock so maybe you want to check with them again,

But you can try Zucook also, maybe the stock is in.

RMB410/cbm is not a not a bad deal to be frank, I don't mind sharing also since might buy more item. I can go back office and ask is there any better lobang or not.

thank you thank you, can't wait for it to come but mean time also a bit panic.

But I know after that everything will be super fast liao, maybe by end of DEC all will done. (But my hob and aircon still got no news yet hahaha)

haha. i don't think will need so long. from the time my carpentry come in till final touch up and handover was only about 2 weeks!

but maybe you should try to be around on the first day if possible or every other day so you can vet through the carpentry and laminates to minimise the replacement when everything has been installed.

although my contractor replaced every item that i highlighted with a problem, there were some tricky bits as some of it was like full height cabinets. i'm not sure how he got his guys to replace them, but he did a good job!

hob installation and aircon mounting i think should be very easy.. haha mine also nv use silicon to seal the hob.

haha. i don't think will need so long. from the time my carpentry come in till final touch up and handover was only about 2 weeks!

but maybe you should try to be around on the first day if possible or every other day so you can vet through the carpentry and laminates to minimise the replacement when everything has been installed.

although my contractor replaced every item that i highlighted with a problem, there were some tricky bits as some of it was like full height cabinets. i'm not sure how he got his guys to replace them, but he did a good job!

hob installation and aircon mounting i think should be very easy.. haha mine also nv use silicon to seal the hob.

Actually I really don't want them go so fast, furniture also yet to buy hahaha!!!! Still want custom made some more, I just want to move in Feb. So maybe if hand over I will slowly slowly make it nice nice and just pack bag and move it when come to Feb.

Will try to apply leave tomorrow and see what my new boss says. Hope he will say ok lah.

So it's an option to leave the hob just sat in and unsealed? Mine is unsealed now as well, just sitting in the cut out on the cabinet...

Day 38 - Minor Update

Today just stop by the place after work, frankly speaking I know there is nothing much to update today,

So just go to check all those small detail but so far everything are ok.

1. 1st coat of paint done.

2. Fiber Network Cable Done (I relocate the port to store room).

3. Hansgrohe, Toto & IXISS (WC) Delivery done.

IMG_9897_zpsjixxdtpb.jpg

IMG_9904_zpsl4gfplkr.jpg

My shower set!!!

IMG_9889_zpsvugqj9yy.jpg

Question

So sorry I am a bit "mountain tortoise" kind,

Because ex-owner of my unit did pray pray after they move out, they also remove the 天公 and 地主

and leave a big ptach at the wall, I just want to find out can I get the town council to repaint the wall for me? or I have to do it myself?

IMG_9910_zpsqkqtwo5a.jpgIMG_9911_zps7ejhy2qh.jpg

Edited by nextstep

I see all that Hansgrohe and I'm dying :drool:

I think I've read T Blogs that said TC can do it :)

We 2 german made siao, lolx

Can show off after the installation is being done.

but I think I will go for the Samsung digital lock after looking at the function.

Give Away - ID Magazine

Before the reno start while I am in the mid of researching for ID, I bought some interior design magazine (SquareRooms and Home & Deco)

I think I have come to a point maybe I don't have to refer it that much now, so rather than selling it to Karung Guni,

I am thinking maybe I can give it away for anyone who need it.

I have total about 11-12 issues of them (between May to Oct), so if anyone want need it do let me know here or sent me a PM.

Edited by nextstep

Nextstep, it ships to singapore le! Already have in the cart :) Just curious if it is actually cheaper to buy from Amazon or is it just for lazy ones like me? In honest truth, I prefer to support local business whenever I can.

hc28 is right, the sink cabby will hold your sponge and the one I get can hold the brush as well.

Here is the link from Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/simplehuman-Sink-Caddy-Stainless-Steel/dp/B002WGHKWQ/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1447346030&sr=8-4&keywords=simplehuman

Actually I want to buy this one (this model without the brush holder), but I don't know why it doesn't allowed to do international shipping so I go for the cabby.

http://www.amazon.com/simplehuman-Slim-Caddy-Stainless-Steel/dp/B003VWL6TI/ref=pd_sim_201_3?ie=UTF8&dpID=41VMfEvsvAL&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL160_SR160%2C160_&refRID=16RCETJQTX15YZEQ43RD