Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
nextstep

A Man Need A Cave - My Bachelor Pad Reno Journey

Nextstep, it ships to singapore le! Already have in the cart :) Just curious if it is actually cheaper to buy from Amazon or is it just for lazy ones like me? In honest truth, I prefer to support local business whenever I can.

Yeah I also got the second one and shipped it to Singapore :) and yes LuxExplorer it's much cheaper than in Singapore last I checked. :)

alamak, why that happen to me?? I want the one without the brush holder one. Nvm see when I am going to other stuff,

will order one more. (keep telling myself cut the spending, don't seem to be working)

Kara which "Lap Sap Tang" you get from Amazon ah? thinking to get one also.

ya I think Amazon is cheaper

Edited by nextstep

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

So it's an option to leave the hob just sat in and unsealed? Mine is unsealed now as well, just sitting in the cut out on the cabinet...

i did ask my contractor to seal it because i thought his workers missed it out. thats when he told me that it is his practice to leave it unsealed.

firstly, no worries about the hob shifting as it is so heavy so it will be "set in place" on its own.

secondly, they choose not to seal it up as usually when we use gas hob, if you look carefully, the gas come up from one big hole. we will use the burner to cover the hole, and the gas just go everywhere from there. the igniter is outside of this burner, so when we "tiak tiak tiak", the flame will burn outside the burner. the step is to release the gas, thn start the igniter, so in between, gas will escape everywhere and could also escape into your cabinet below. not that its a big issue, but if you seal it up, the gas will stay in your cabinet till you open it up whereby you will smell alot of gas and think maybe gas leak.

however, if we never seal it up, the gas can dissipate through the gaps between the hob and table top. not that it doesn't escape from the cabinet doors also la.. but thats the reason he give me which i choose not to ask more since seal or don't seal, not much impact anyway.

Day 38 - Minor Update

Question

So sorry I am a bit "mountain tortoise" kind,

Because ex-owner of my unit did pray pray after they move out, they also remove the 天公 and 地主

and leave a big ptach at the wall, I just want to find out can I get the town council to repaint the wall for me? or I have to do it myself?

IMG_9910_zpsqkqtwo5a.jpgIMG_9911_zps7ejhy2qh.jpg

i also had this issue. what you can do is to call town council and they will get someone to paint for you.

but i happened to just casually ask my painter if he can do it with the leftover paint. will have some slight difference in colour. but aiya, its outside your house anyway and according to my painter, few weeks or months later, all will be the same. for me, within 2 days look the same liao.

another alternative is to just call the block maintenance guy directly instead of town council. after i handover, i had some holes which i wanted to patch up on the outside of my unit and also alot of bulky rubbish to throw. so i just called the guy and he came up, got the rubbish cleared and holes patched within 30mins. much more efficient than calling town council which need me to give 3 days advance notice before i throw something. and also much more efficient than calling my contractor whose guys will most probably come down after they finish work at another site or the next day. if you are interested, i found this guy no. at the notice board of my block. he is just the "head" bangala of all the other bangala.

Nextstep, it ships to singapore le! Already have in the cart :) Just curious if it is actually cheaper to buy from Amazon or is it just for lazy ones like me? In honest truth, I prefer to support local business whenever I can.

i just came back from howards and its selling the small one at S$33.99. didn't bother to check the price of the big one because the pricing doesn't make sense to me. i know OG also have. but dk how much. i think i will just get from Amazon since kara, nextstep and so many other renotalkers have done so.

i also had this issue. what you can do is to call town council and they will get someone to paint for you.

but i happened to just casually ask my painter if he can do it with the leftover paint. will have some slight difference in colour. but aiya, its outside your house anyway and according to my painter, few weeks or months later, all will be the same. for me, within 2 days look the same liao.

another alternative is to just call the block maintenance guy directly instead of town council. after i handover, i had some holes which i wanted to patch up on the outside of my unit and also alot of bulky rubbish to throw. so i just called the guy and he came up, got the rubbish cleared and holes patched within 30mins. much more efficient than calling town council which need me to give 3 days advance notice before i throw something. and also much more efficient than calling my contractor whose guys will most probably come down after they finish work at another site or the next day. if you are interested, i found this guy no. at the notice board of my block. he is just the "head" bangala of all the other bangala.

I just done talking to TC over the phone, they told me they will get that paint done but advice me to do it after my reno,

So I think I have to call them after the hand over.

i just came back from howards and its selling the small one at S$33.99. didn't bother to check the price of the big one because the pricing doesn't make sense to me. i know OG also have. but dk how much. i think i will just get from Amazon since kara, nextstep and so many other renotalkers have done so.

Now I am looking on what should I get from Amazon, since no plan today. Maybe shopping trip in Amazon.

Want to buy the waste bin, 10 Liters too big for kitchen?

Bro, I got the rectangular plastic white simple human one for my kitchen and a round small one for my toilet. Other rooms just get IKEA ones cus quite pricey still. :)

I give u links when I get back!

Just back from overseas and saw the interest in the Simple Human Sink Caddy.

After using it for a year, I would say it is very useful. It keep the sponges, and the brushes for scrub and bottles.

It has drip holes at the bottom so excess water can be drain away. I feel the useful part is that it is mount onto the sink.

This way, there is no need for a "container" at the kiitchen top to keep the sponges and brushes. Looks neat and tidy.

However, make sue you clean the brushes of food remains and etc before storing them back.

Like all wet conditions, slimey mucus will accumulate over time and will need a thorough cleaning.

The suction is good, stays in position and holds well too. Pricey but good buy. :good:

20140902_182044.jpg

20150619_235444.jpg

Just to add on, anyone want some plug boxes, I had some extra to let go.

Just back from overseas and saw the interest in the Simple Human Sink Caddy.

After using it for a year, I would say it is very useful. It keep the sponges, and the brushes for scrub and bottles.

It has drip holes at the bottom so excess water can be drain away. I feel the useful part is that it is mount onto the sink.

This way, there is no need for a "container" at the kiitchen top to keep the sponges and brushes. Looks neat and tidy.

However, make sue you clean the brushes of food remains and etc before storing them back.

Like all wet conditions, slimey mucus will accumulate over time and will need a thorough cleaning.

The suction is good, stays in position and holds well too. Pricey but good buy. :good:

Just to add on, anyone want some plug boxes, I had some extra to let go.

Bro, thanks for the advice, you are always so nice.

Now I am looking on what should I get from Amazon, since no plan today. Maybe shopping trip in Amazon.

Want to buy the waste bin, 10 Liters too big for kitchen?

I am looking to get this waste bin from Amazon also.

http://d33872uhrikr8k.cloudfront.net/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1170x954/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/1/0/10l-profile-open-can_f_1.jpg

I got this for kitchen:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001BVDMHA/ref=oh_aui_i_d_old_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this for my master toilet:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B002AEOY42/ref=oh_aui_i_d_old_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And this in white for office and master bedroom; and black for living room.

http://m.ikea.com/sg/en/catalog/products/art/50253354/

Edited by bykaraanne

Anyway does anyone know if the black Friday deal cover all amazon products?

Also, how do i get free shipping for these items? must I hit the minimum US$125 spend before i get the free shipping? otherwise, how can i get the free shipping?

Edited by hc28

For me I will prefer those with cover kind, because I think I just need it for the kitchen, others I think I can go for ikea :P

Black Friday don't cover all product, but that day you can shop around, so the best way is to put all the things u think you might want to the cart or get a wish list started, so on that day you can check is the price drop if yes, just place the order.

I maybe will go for the stainless steel look, is 10L very big for kitchen?

The one at ikea looks good, maybe I can just settle with that one.